+ Reply to Thread
Page 132 of 134 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1338

Thread: Who or what is JZB?

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Meli View Post
    sorry just remembered this one,

Yes! Possibly, or something very similar

For five years I have thought JB was Cruce and today it hit me...Cruce=Curce=Curse Cruce cursed the silvers, it appears JB is cursed

wasnt Cruce a part of the Seelie though?
    JZB couldnt be Seelie anymore because he wears the Silver & Black torque which indicates Unseelie Royalty
    I dont think hes an Unseelie Prince either

I've never been in the Barrons=UK camp. There are many reasons that I believe this, here are some of them.
    1. Barrons memories. When he realizes that something is different about him and the others that flank him. Something rattles in his chest.
    2. Mercenary. When Barrons is accused of being a mercenary by Mac and his reaction to it and Ryodan's statement to Mac to not call Barrons a mercenary to his face.
    3. Barrons laughter. The fae don't show much emotion. They can't cry. Don't think they laugh either, although V'lane has smiled, but Mac said his expressions don't seem real and look like he has been practicing facial expressions.
    4. Barrons humor. Barrons has a sense of humor. We don't see it often, but it is there anyway. Some of Mac and Barrons conversations are the funniest in the whole series. Made me LOL. Don't see the UK as having a sense of humor.
    5. The UK owning a book store in Dublin. Don't think so. The UK would not even need cars, he could just sift wherever he needs to be.
    6. He can't touch the Book or control it. If he were the UK, creator of the Book, he would be able to contain the book, even if he doesn't touch it.
    7. His relationship with the other 8 men that he seems to be the leader of. Dani says they are all carrying the same power and move like animals, some more than others. Dani says she didn't sense any Fae in any of them. I think the UK would surround himself with Unseelie to do his bidding.
    8. He could have sifted Mac out of the warehouse. He could have sifted himself and Mac out of the Burrens where he could get the things he needed to heal her and not have to feed her unseelie.
    That's all I can think of for now.
    iluvsushi:

"Woman, you make me crazed." JZB

Quote Originally Posted by iluvsushi View Post
    I've never been in the Barrons=UK camp. There are many reasons that I believe this, here are some of them.
    1. Barrons memories. When he realizes that something is different about him and the others that flank him. Something rattles in his chest.
    2. Mercenary. When Barrons is accused of being a mercenary by Mac and his reaction to it and Ryodan's statement to Mac to not call Barrons a mercenary to his face.
    3. Barrons laughter. The fae don't show much emotion. They can't cry. Don't think they laugh either, although V'lane has smiled, but Mac said his expressions don't seem real and look like he has been practicing facial expressions.
    4. Barrons humor. Barrons has a sense of humor. We don't see it often, but it is there anyway. Some of Mac and Barrons conversations are the funniest in the whole series. Made me LOL. Don't see the UK as having a sense of humor.
    5. The UK owning a book store in Dublin. Don't think so. The UK would not even need cars, he could just sift wherever he needs to be.
    6. He can't touch the Book or control it. If he were the UK, creator of the Book, he would be able to contain the book, even if he doesn't touch it.
    7. His relationship with the other 8 men that he seems to be the leader of. Dani says they are all carrying the same power and move like animals, some more than others. Dani says she didn't sense any Fae in any of them. I think the UK would surround himself with Unseelie to do his bidding.
    8. He could have sifted Mac out of the warehouse. He could have sifted himself and Mac out of the Burrens where he could get the things he needed to heal her and not have to feed her unseelie.
    We can't post teasers we have been given for Shadowfever here. But if you look at calender with quotes in it you will see UK has a sense of humor.

UK is rumored not to be Tuatha De Danaan at all so I don't think we can argue that he's not like V'lane as evidence that Jericho is not UK. Jericho as well mentions that he is unlike any other player on board which would then make him not the same as Ryodan and his men.

THe UK based on Immortal Highlander doesn't have much to do with unseelie at all and hasn't been seen by anyone in quite awhile. He even consider abandoning them in prison and leading the Seelie himself.

If UK was cursed or seen as a threat he would make sense that he might not be able to sift. They didn't even learn how to sift until after he was imprisoned. He made sifting silvers because no one knew how to sift back them. Could someone have taught unseelie how to? There wouldn't have been much use for it within prison.

The bookstore is not just a bookstore. It has same feel to it as other OOPs and hallows. It's much larger than it looks, keeps everything out, protects his vault, has a beast underneath it, etc. It wouldn't shock me if there is a portal underneath it and it leads to fortress. The bookstore is also the perfect way to to maybe hear word of Sinsar Dubh. I really don't think Mac stumbled on it by accident. I think she was drawn to it. It also doesn't appear on maps, registered, etc.

Maniac

More proof that Barrons is not the Unseelie King. Found this conversation between V'lane and Barrons in Bloodfever on page 172. They are discussing the Sinsar Dubh in this text.

"You have no right to it," V'lane was telling Barrons.
    "Might makes right. Hasn't that always been your motto?" Barrons said.
    "You could never understand my motto."
    "Better than you think, fairy."
    There is nothing you could do with it even if you managed to get it. You do not speak the language in which it was scribed, and could never hope to decode it."
    "Maybe if I had the stones."
    "Not all of them," V'lane said coldly, and I knew from the disdain in his voice that he had at least one, if not both of the other translation stones we'd been hunting.

I take V'lane's comment in italics as an admission that Barrons is not the author of the book, the Unseelie King, and does not know the language in which it was scribed or how to translate the text without the help of the stones.

Thumbs up

Good argument girls! i can debate probably most of these points based on the JZB=UK theory

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
    I think the 'Hunter' they rode was one of his group-of-8, and not a real Hunter that actually kills sidhe-seers. He might even have been Lor, and complained about being used as conveyance.
    Royal Hunters obey the monarchy and those who pay for their services - incl SQ & UK who made them. They could be the very top echelon/caste - the new, improved Royal Hunter 5.0
    which could very well be the 8

I think JB got the stones/gravel from the US prison by going there through the Silvers, when he rescued others of his kind (the group-of-8) who may be cross-breeds, themselves (explaining varied degrees of non-humanness).
    thats actually a remarkably good argument however suppose JZB's mirror could be a multi-tiered passage that passes via the path containing the beast, into the second set of silvers of the Mansion portal and then onto the UKs prison
    the UK could potentially have setup such a tunnel after he presented the Hall of All Days mirror to the SQ - thus ensuring the privacy of the hidden portals he kept from her (the ones that included the Mansion and the Concubines play area)

I think Barrons defends some of the UK's past actions because the UK is his father, and Barrons knows the UK did love the concubine and wasn't all bad, as most people think.
    its a good point but this whole story, IMHO, is all about finding redemption for ones actions and saving the ones you love - the UK is trying to redeem himself and fix the mess he created by creating the US and The Book and potentially save the Concubine in the process
    the only chance/way that this could be done was if Barrons/UK lived forever and the Concubine is reincarnated (since humans appear to be the only beings capable of this)
    i think Barrons interactions with Mac is to change her to make her stronger so that in this lifetime she has the capacity to appreciate what hes done for her and to accept that sometimes you have to do bad things to save the ones you love - i think hes trying to save the world and also save his one true love and the solution to that would be by finding the Sinsar Dubh, rebuilding the walls between Fae & Earth using the Song of Making and keeping Mac alive instead of letting her commit suicide, like the Concubine did oh so long ago

I agree that Mac is Barrons' last chance (not sure why that is the case) for another shot at true love -- the relationship he (as Cruce) wasn't able to have with his father's concubine. Maybe it's because Mac's bloodline (Patrona's pairing) is the last one that has a chance to mesh with his own mixed blood. I believe Patrona paired up with a non-human, so Mac's genetic mix has a good chance of standing up to Barrons' mix (UK/dragonish father, non-fae humanoid mother).
    1. I dont believe Barrons is the UK's son or Cruce's son - Barron's is too Alpha domineering to take second place to anyone (incl his supposed daddy)
    2. The last chance I believe refers to the fact that its been a millenium since the Concubine has been around and that Mac is the first reincarnation of the Concubine and potentially the last chance the UK has to win her love back
    3. Cruce is dead - his curse is not (does this mean Cruce is still alive because the curse is?) if so, then suppose Cruce is DEG and is still watching the story unfold and also scribing it as we speak

Suppose that Barrons is different because he was punished by the Fae for killing SQ and that he now suffers this beast form on Earths plane of existance and the 8 other beings are the Royal Hunters who were punished with him? He's as old as dirt and maybe his punishment has been an eternal life on earth contending with his beast form and losing the one thing he covets most - the Concubine

I think he takes offence to 'being mercenary' because it is the exact same reason the Concubine killed herself in the first place. He left her in the mirrors for thousands of years so he could find a way to make her Fae and in doing so created the godawful Unseelie, thus disgusting her because of his dark creations - he was mercenary in his actions

Fae become changed when interacting with humanity. If Barrons is as old as dirt maybe he's also been afflicted by the very same thing. Objects of Power take on a life of their own and maybe even the UK can change his ways to redeem himself for his past actions, feeling emotions and preserving humanity being a part of that evolution

I agree - i love their dialogue! But I also think the UK is as funny as the SQ and even Adam because their interactions with humanity have fundamentally changed them - Fae are souless until they become mortal and live in the human world .... they learn how to love and laugh - Adam is the proof of this

just imagine if the Bookstore was in fact an illusion or a portal to one of the many rooms in the Mansion .... hmmmm ..... or an earthbound version of the UK's castle

He cant touch it anymore because like the book, he has changed. Changed by humanity and changed by love .....
    *gusty sigh*

i think we can all agree that Barrons is far too alpha to be number 2 in a team. Maybe its this very trait that makes him a King in his own right and the other 8 his trusty minions/servants/guards/royal hunters

Sifting time is impossible at this stage. Maybe Barrons doesnt sift but fly with wings instead? It is possible that as punishment the SQ removed these powers from him in this plane of existance

Indeed!

And thank you for your arguments and such a great debate ... I love throwing a good theory around and tossing it on its head to analyse further! :)

Quote Originally Posted by SwimRobin View Post
    More proof that Barrons is not the Unseelie King. Found this conversation between V'lane and Barrons in Bloodfever on page 172. They are discussing the Sinsar Dubh in this text.

There is nothing you could do with it even if you managed to get it. You do not speak the language in which it was scribed, and could never hope to decode it."
    "Not all of them," V'lane said coldly, and I knew from the disdain in his voice that he had at least one, if not both of the other translation stones we'd been hunting.

I take V'lane's comment in italics as an admission that Barrons is not the author of the book, the Unseelie King, and does not know the language in which it was scribed or how to translate the text without the help of the stones.
    I think that it was mentioned in one of the highlander books that everytime the book is opened it is in a different language so this could also mean that even the UK himself wouldn't be able to read it.

Hooked on Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by SwimRobin View Post

Yes! I knew it said so somewhere! thanks!

Another proof Barrons isn't the UK: it's a small, silly proof, but I believe it's convincing: in the last of Barrons' memories (the one with the child)... he throws up!! I'm sure the Fae don't!!

As for what he is... I still don't know. Something else. The Beast. He's cursed. But other than that...

Maniac

If Barrons was the UK wouldn't V'lane know?

Maniac

Okay, crazy thought and I don't know why I didn't pick up on this before... The spear, when Mac makes him hold it, does he ever actually touch the spear itself? Or does he only hold the rod it's affixed to? He even says the rod itself is not the original and that it's only the spearhead they were actually after. I don't know what conclusion this leads me to... maybe UK or unseelie after all?

+ Reply to Thread