> > >
Page 1 of 99 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Speculations on the Beast

Default Speculations on the Beast

So, who wants to speculate about Mac's "beasty" protector at the end...and not that it was/is JZB? Anyone? lol

Call me crazy. I just don't think it's JZB, or any part of "the nine." *shrugs* You know how Barrons was constantly warning Mac about thinking she's already had the worst happen to her...kind of warning her against having the attitude that "I've already been through hell...what's the worst that can happen now?" There's specific quotes, but I'm too lazy right now.

Anyway, at the end, it's like he's proven right. She's experiencing "grief as old as time" and she's "lost everything."

Whuh?!!

This scene to me screamed Alina. Now, I'm not saying Alina is the beast, but the feelings Mac is feeling remind me of when she talks of Alina and her quest/thirst/desire to avenge her death. I just don't feel that JZB is the equivalent of everything in Mac's world, yet (unless you count semi-Pri-ya Mac), or at least not to the point of it being revealed to us.

So, any thoughts? Put-downs? :)
    Last edited by Leiha; 08-18-2009 at 09:35 PM.
    Vic--thank you for another beautiful creation! And thanks to V'lane for letting her come up for air every once in a while to create! :)
    *Remember, please be kind to animals!*
    Peace and Love,
    Esther

See, these are the things that are bothering me. But then I go to another thread in this forum and read reasons I agree with that JZB is the monster, and I am torn. My first thoughts when I read and re-read the scene was that the beast is JZB, but, as with you, I don't think he's her whole world yet - or at least she's not admitting to it.

But really? I have no fecking clue.
    "Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love." -- Charlie Brown

General of the Cruce-Aid Viking Princess's Avatar

the beast has a taddywhacker! I can only be a MALE character!

Yeah, it can only be male, but there are many males in the Fever world. But still, gut says it's JZB, though how/why/WTFhe-can't-die keeps spinning around in my head right now.

Christian's girl

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Princess View Post
    *snort*

Ok, now that that's over with, I really have no idea, none at all..... I *thought* JB at first, but then there's the whole not human speculation and it just doesn't fit. Then I thought maybe Alina, somehow someway.
    Riding the winds of change...

But we do know that Mac cares about JZB ...so if she thinks he's dead at her feet AND that she killed him ...could those "everything" feelings come to the front. Like a moment of revelation?

VP's best yet

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Princess View Post
    Touche, oh enlightened one, touche.

But still. Penises not withstanding.

Not saying the beastie is Alina; but, again, I just don't think JZB constitutes everything in Mac's world (yet, or not that she'd admit right now). Therefore, I'm thinking a family member, specifically Alina, equivocates "losing everything."

General of the Cruce-Aid Viking Princess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Esther Marie View Post
    Touche, oh enlightened one, touche.

But still. Penises not withstanding.

Not saying the beastie is Alina; but, again, I just don't think JZB constitutes everything in Mac's world (yet, or not that she'd admit right now). Therefore, I'm thinking a family member, specifically Alina, equivocates "losing everything."
    hehe Barrons just makes the most sense at the moment, doesn't mean it is him. My head hurts thinking about it!

Maybe it's a unisexual beast :) It screamed Alina to me as well.

I think it was barrons.

in some way.shape or form.

Maybe he has a twin brother
    ~Erika~ Mom (4 kids!), Author (ER Pierce), Blogger (Badass Book Reviews), Avid Reader of UF/PNR/Erotic Fiction

"Get your own fashion advisor."

Barrons... Killing a Fae near you...