> > >
Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Speculations on the Beast

Default Speculations on the Beast

So, who wants to speculate about Mac's "beasty" protector at the end...and not that it was/is JZB? Anyone? lol

Call me crazy. I just don't think it's JZB, or any part of "the nine." *shrugs* You know how Barrons was constantly warning Mac about thinking she's already had the worst happen to her...kind of warning her against having the attitude that "I've already been through hell...what's the worst that can happen now?" There's specific quotes, but I'm too lazy right now.

Anyway, at the end, it's like he's proven right. She's experiencing "grief as old as time" and she's "lost everything."

Whuh?!!

This scene to me screamed Alina. Now, I'm not saying Alina is the beast, but the feelings Mac is feeling remind me of when she talks of Alina and her quest/thirst/desire to avenge her death. I just don't feel that JZB is the equivalent of everything in Mac's world, yet (unless you count semi-Pri-ya Mac), or at least not to the point of it being revealed to us.

So, any thoughts? Put-downs? :)
    Last edited by Leiha; 08-18-2009 at 09:35 PM.
    Vic--thank you for another beautiful creation! And thanks to V'lane for letting her come up for air every once in a while to create! :)
    *Remember, please be kind to animals!*
    Peace and Love,
    Esther

Not that I'm saying I want it to be Barrons, considering the way it ends ...BUT, Barrons has always said that HE would never let her die. If the beast is IYD ...her last hope if she's dying ...than wouldn't it make sense for Barrons to be the beast, the one thing left to save her.

I don't know ...I'm with Vic, my HEAD HURTSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

VP's best yet

General of the Cruce-Aid Viking Princess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vixn2tame View Post
    Maybe it's a unisexual beast :) It screamed Alina to me as well.
    Yes, because a hermaphrodite Alina who has crawled out of the grave in Ashford she was buried in for the soul purpose of peeing rings around her sister and attacking threats would not be just a tad bit jumping the shark.

sorry for the sarcasm but it struck me a little funny when I actually considered that.

I don't think Alina is coming back.

I do agree...to a point. LOL

I guess this also stems from me assuming that there will be a "Big Reveal" when it comes to feelings between Mac and JZB, you know? And that might be a cliche (or "trite"--ha ha, that was in honor of both Vic and the book) assumption.

...and, no, I don't think Alina is coming back, either. I just equivocate Mac's idea of "losing everything" with Alina...as that's what it's been up until now. And the "Now" part of "Now I'd lost everything." I dunno...I'm still thinking family member.

And, no. I CAN'T explain the peeing. Very JZB-like, though, I agree! Dammit!:)
    Last edited by Esther Marie; 08-18-2009 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Princess View Post
    Yes, because a hermaphrodite Alina who has crawled out of the grave in Ashford she was buried in for the soul purpose of peeing rings around her sister and attacking threats would not be just a tad bit jumping the shark.
    OMG, literally LOL. And I agree.

p.s. You had me at "peeing rings around her sister"

I'm soooo conflicted about all this. If the beast was Barrons, then why would Ryodan tell Mac that he was somewhere else? If it was Barrons, wouldn't he have been trying harder to get Mac out of there? Plus, everything is scared of Barrons. I don't think he would be quite so easy to kill. Barrons just seems too obvious to me but I honestly don't know who else it could possibly be.
    Last edited by breezygirl5300; 08-18-2009 at 10:35 PM.

**muah**

well, im pretty new to posting, but ill give my two cents anyway :)

the last couple of lines in the book just scream family member to me...i just seems to shocked/greif-stricken, like she reacts when she finds out about alina, i just cant see her reacting that way if it were barrons, i feel like she would be more shocked/CONFUSED, because she just recently decided that the creature under the garage was most definately not barrons. i dont think mac would consider losing barrons to be losing her world. she makes it very very clear in the books that alina/her family are her world. and i think she would only react that way if it were a human she had killed, which she knows barrons is not.

i also think that the fact that she mentions the creature being IYD so so so many times in the last couple pages, that its probably not lol. karen likes to be contrary with us, and make us think one thing for ages before she throws us a rope and lets us know the truth lol

my best guess is that its someone from her past/childhood, that she didnt remember until she saw them again laying there dead. she mentions in dreamfever that she thinks some of her childhood memories have been stolen or removed and she might be getting a couple back when she dreams, so my guess is that its possibly her mysteriously absent birth mother/father/brother/cousinunclegreatunclegrandfather...whatever lol! and she only got her memory of them back after seeing them again?

my gut says it is not the way she would react to killing barrons...i dont think she would think he is killable...i dont think he is killable...lol...and it feels more like a family loss to me...ill be well and truely shocked if its barrons, my gut says no lol

Maniac

Okay - So I got my book way ahead of you guys and I did a very fast 24 hour read, and have been going back for a slow re-read - and to find points that I remember. There was something, I believe, in the conversation between Mac's parents that made me think that the beast could possibly be her father. I'm going to have to try and find it and re-post.

Quote Originally Posted by kerinb612 View Post
    . i dont think mac would consider losing barrons to be losing her world. she makes it very very clear in the books that alina/her family are her world.
    Yes... but I thought that Mac mentioned that she had started to create a world in Dublin too? I think it is quite possible that it could be Barrons... but who knows!

I also think it could be her father... when the LM had him tied up Mac said he had a wildness in his eyes. The same wildness that the beast had? Ugh, a year is too long to wait!
    Genetalia is just God's way of accessorizing!

Searching for La La land bethanyROX's Avatar

We are all going nutters trying to figure out WHO the person is....Could it be that maybe once the monster shifted back to human form Mac realized that she knew nothing about her situation and LOST her hope that she would be saved?..IDK....I think the only thing she really had to loose was what was left of herself.....I honestly havent the slightest effing clue....
    Maybe we all got lucky and the Beast was Fio lol

i just cant believe it was barrons. it said somewhere in there that the tattoo was what kept the beast from hurting her. why would barrons tattoo her to protect her from himself???? i am DYING for shadowfever. i read this so fast i will definitely be doing a re read ASAP