> > >
Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Speculations on the Beast

Default Speculations on the Beast

So, who wants to speculate about Mac's "beasty" protector at the end...and not that it was/is JZB? Anyone? lol

Call me crazy. I just don't think it's JZB, or any part of "the nine." *shrugs* You know how Barrons was constantly warning Mac about thinking she's already had the worst happen to her...kind of warning her against having the attitude that "I've already been through hell...what's the worst that can happen now?" There's specific quotes, but I'm too lazy right now.

Anyway, at the end, it's like he's proven right. She's experiencing "grief as old as time" and she's "lost everything."

Whuh?!!

This scene to me screamed Alina. Now, I'm not saying Alina is the beast, but the feelings Mac is feeling remind me of when she talks of Alina and her quest/thirst/desire to avenge her death. I just don't feel that JZB is the equivalent of everything in Mac's world, yet (unless you count semi-Pri-ya Mac), or at least not to the point of it being revealed to us.

So, any thoughts? Put-downs? :)
    Last edited by Leiha; 08-18-2009 at 09:35 PM.
    Vic--thank you for another beautiful creation! And thanks to V'lane for letting her come up for air every once in a while to create! :)
    *Remember, please be kind to animals!*
    Peace and Love,
    Esther

Maniac

I thought of her father too! Not really sure why but he just always seems to be a little TOO smart in his advice throughout the book to be a minor character. But then agian, that doesn't make much sense for him to be IYD or to be occationaly locked under Barrons garage. ARG.

Maniac

So, who wants to speculate about Mac's "beasty" protector at the end...and not that it was/is JZB? Anyone? lol
    There is a part in the book where Mac & Barrons return from visiting the old woman and Mac hears the rumble below the garage and det. Heckermines since Barrons is with her that he can't be the beast. However I'm not sure that it isn't JZB. Heck the monster even protected the stones.

A Celtic Diva living in Texas wanting so to read Shadowfever now.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Princess View Post
    the beast has a taddywhacker! I can only be a MALE character!
    LOL!!! You are so FUNNY!!! I'm sitting her laughing while my husband is on the couch reading the book now that I've finished it and he wants to know why but I have to tell him when he's done :)

I think it's Barrons, and she suddenly realizes at the end just how much she counted on him (her pi. . . irrational, uncountable, but also a constant!) And her grief as old as time is the feeling that she killed her only real savior in all of this mess.

First post after reading Dreamfever, OMFG!!!

Anyway, *ahem* Fiona says something right before Barrons throws a knife into her heart about Mac not even knowing what he was, and how absurdly silly it was. Just a thought, but given all the other evidence in the book about the "rattling" in Barrons' chest etc, maybe he IS the protector beast, but is cursed (perhaps by Cruce, IS he Cruce?) and is a beast some of the time. Maybe by Mac finally calling IYD, she's fullfilling some prophecy and Ryodan helps her fulfill the killing of the monster which will eventually free Barrons from the curse? OMG, i have no freaking clue! I sound like a rambling idiot...
    Last edited by javafroggi; 08-19-2009 at 12:26 AM.

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by javafroggi View Post
    First post after reading Dreamfever, OMFG!!!

OMG, i have no fecking clue! I sound like a rambling idiot...
    LOL No more than the rest of us!...

Quote Originally Posted by javafroggi View Post
    Fiona says something right before Barrons throws a knife into her heart about Mac not even knowing what he was, and how absurdly silly it was.
    I couldn't help but wonder why (or how) Fiona knows what Barrons is, while Mac has no idea. Why is it so important that Mac not find out, while others obviously already know?
    "You know what I want and you want it too. You want it just the way I'm about to give it to you... When I'm done, you'll know you're mine..."

Proud Member of the SSMKA

he says to fiona " why are you here fiona, to show me you have a new lover? to beg to return to my bed? its full and always will be. to apologize for trying to destroy the once chance i had by killing her?"

mac asked :one chance for what?"

fiona replies "she still doesnt know. oh jericho! you never change do you? you must be so afraid"......

ok #1 - his bed is full and always will be? is he referring to mac?
    2- mac must be directly connected to his future in some way if shes the ONE chance he has.

i supposed it could be someting to do with him being the beast. or maybe i can think happy thoughts that there is some prophecy that barrons will end up with crazy powerfull seer or something like that, and knows without mac he will be miserable. ugh i cant wait til shadowfever

Ceiligirl

Quote Originally Posted by Vixn2tame View Post
    Maybe it's a unisexual beast :) It screamed Alina to me as well.
    First thought was Barrons, but then thought no...he was with her in the garage when they heard it howling. He's good (tee hee hee), but not THAT good - to be in two places at once. My second gut reaction was Alina also, but Mac says that "It was massively muscled and obviously male." (337) Ugghhh! Who can this REALLY be????

Quote Originally Posted by Cayla View Post
    I couldn't help but wonder why (or how) Fiona knows what Barrons is, while Mac has no idea. Why is it so important that Mac not find out, while others obviously already know?
    Yeah what's up with that?! I am so engrossed in the characters in the story and I rarely think of Fiona, so how is it possible that she knows some special secret about Mac that Mac, herself, doesn't know yet? I mean, who's the epic one here? lol

Icon21

I think the beast was all an illusion Christian told her that the silvers messes with their heads perhaps the beast was barron but i dont think its actually real besides when she called she was not getting any service and she just assumed it was IYD????

But WHO KNOWS???

VP original~