+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 99 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast

Thread: Speculations on the Beast

Maniac

Ok bare with me.....

Barrons said he was Basque and Pict.
    Doing research on both, I found nothing for Pict, but for Basque mythology I have discovered a creature. This is a quote from wikipedia

In Basque mythology, Gaueko is a great black wolfhound that sometimes walks upright. He eats shepherds and their herds. He is called the “Lord of the Black Magic”. His howls can be heard on cold winter nights. In Basque, Gaueko literally means "of the night".

If that were true, then I would suggest that perhaps it is Barrons, except I also believe that if it is him, he is not dead.

IMO, the Beast was Christian.

There are only 3 males with dark/black hair of importance in the series:
    Barrons, Christian, The deamy-eyed-guy.

Barrons was not in faery- he was in Dublin tried to orchastrate the saving of Mac's folks. Now if Barrons is also the IYD ( why would he be if is on the phone as JZB?) transformed into some creature- why didn't he just answer when Mac called his number? Would Ryodan willingly urge her to kill it knowing its Barrons?

The DEG is a possibility but it would be a god-in-the-machines entry. He would be just stuck in there with no lead in. Poof . There he is. As a monster.

Christian was already in faery. He was being transformed into something wrong, something scary by the effects of eating Unseelie mixed with his failed use of black magic. The beast gives Mac that betrayed look- something I could see Christian doing.
    I believe it is Christain & I hope he's not dead or rotting or anything because he's the one Mac should "hook up" with once the world settles down.

I see someone else found the info about the "black Basque wolfhound"!

Quote Originally Posted by Kesali View Post
    There are only 3 males with dark/black hair of importance in the series:
    Barrons, Christian, The deamy-eyed-guy.
    The beast was male, it doesn't say that the human underneath was....Black hair and tat ink running, could have been Mac....IMO....

Somewhere in the mist o' time
    a Fever rages in a Highlander "mine"~~
    Dual breath in a Druid born
    An Immortal lad of a Keltar lore~~
    Souls of the present meet the soul of past
    No canceling out of the sexy extra large Keltar lad~~
    Two of his kind, one stays behind
    in the past and in a present kin~~
    I'm trying to find A missing Keltar "Mine"
    Oh Dageus wherefor are though my friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Justine View Post

Then the next entry by the boy - says that
    Mac assumes that the Beest is the Book - - but is that a correct assumption??? Remember how Barrons feels about assumptions.

What if this is a hidden clue about the Beast??? The things under the garage, the IYD - ???

Any thoughts - - ????

My brain just gets stuck here - and spinns. The Book being known as a Beast to me is a recent development since it re-surfaced in Dublin. So I'm not seeing the Beast connection to the book - - at the time this was written by the young boy - - ???

Helps Please
    Justine--good catch. There could be more to that. I don't think that "beest" can be Barrons, though, since he is able to do a lot more than touch the seelie princess. Unless, like the book and V'Lane, he can mute himself.

Post Beast and Barrons

In book 3 the beast is referred to the Book. In book 4 the beast is a beast that turns into human. In book 3 the book changes into something and someone becomes it's next carrier/victim.

Barrons...not possible that he's Unseelie because in book 3 Mac requested him to touch one of the 4 Unseelie hallows. He did.

Jax Teller's 'Old Lady' happygirlie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vgrandja View Post
    Barrons...not possible that he's Unseelie because in book 3 Mac requested him to touch one of the 4 Unseelie hallows. He did.
    He could still be the UK

Quote Originally Posted by vgrandja View Post
    In book 3 the beast is referred to the Book. In book 4 the beast is a beast that turns into human. In book 3 the book changes into something and someone becomes it's next carrier/victim.

The UK and The SQ can touch both Seelie and Unseelie Hallows.

Maniac

Default Speculations on the Beast

Hello ~

I haven't posted before so this idea may have popped up somewhere else so if that's the case sorry! I did want to say that I've followed along on the postings as best I can (there's a lot!) and reading everyone's ideas is nearly as much fun as reading the books ~ well maybe not really close at all but fun none the less!

I think it's Christian...here's the info that brought me to that conclusion...on page 228-229 of DF Mac tells us something about putting blood on "wards"...
    "The day would come when I would discover I was wrong about that. Adding blood to some wards is even more stupid than throwing gas on a fire and, in some cases, actually transmutes them into LIVING GUARDIANS. Take it from me, never indiscriminately drip your blood on wards of unknown origin"so, after Mac gave him the unseelie flesh to eat which came from a broken baby food jar that cut her hands as she was getting it out of her pockets...maybe some of her blood got on the unseelie and Christian then ingested it with the unseelie...there's something happening to Christian...remember Mac's shock...his body is covered with "black lines and symbols, moving just beneath the skin"...

What if he was "warded" on Samhein as part of whatever the ritual was that JZB and he did?

And, as for Mac having "lost everything" I don't think she's talking about her whole world...I think she's meaning in her current situation...my initial reaction was that the beast was Barrons and therefore I projected she's now lost everything, if she'd lost him...

Well, that's what I'm going to believe until the final installment because if I have to spend the next 8 months (hopefully no more than that!) thinking that it was Barrons I'm going to be depressed...but I shouldn't worry anyway - Mac's dreaming all this....

Maniac

Just found some evidence of JZB being the beast. I've though for a while that the silveres and such change him into it. And you know that fae things corrupt other magic and vice versa. I also think this is why when the fae realm splintered durring the MacKeltar ceremony JZB didn't come for Mac for 4 days and didn't take Christian out with him. Je needed time to change back. That's what was "complicated".
    So anyway my new evidence. When Mac finds him taking the dead woman out of the silver in the study she says she sees a beast with claws in all fours but she can't quite make it out in the fog. It's scary. Sounds kinda like our beast and what comes out but our JZB.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamgiven2 View Post
    I also think this is why when the fae realm splintered durring the MacKeltar ceremony JZB didn't come for Mac for 4 days and didn't take Christian out with him. Je needed time to change back. That's what was "complicated".
    Actually it could be just time difference - what was short time in Silvers could easily be 4 days in the real world.

I've found other evidences of JZB being the beast, lol: The Beast's behavior is very Barrons-like (gathering her things - just like Barrons did at the abbey; pissing circles around her - his wards; etc.).
    It was even foreshadowed: Mac says a couple of times (when she wakes up in JZB's bed and is mad with him) something like "I’m going to have to kill Barrons" And in BF Barrons himself says something like "So, stab me" :)

Quote Originally Posted by Iamgiven2 View Post
    So anyway my new evidence. When Mac finds him taking the dead woman out of the silver in the study she says she sees a beast with claws in all fours but she can't quite make it out in the fog. It's scary. Sounds kinda like our beast and what comes out but our JZB.
    Agree :)
    "I do not know that word, 'cooperate'. " (c) Mac

"So after seeing the 2500000 posts about how so and so is really so and so... I say pffft." (c) VP

+ Reply to Thread