> > >
Page 47 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Speculations on the Beast

Default Speculations on the Beast

So, who wants to speculate about Mac's "beasty" protector at the end...and not that it was/is JZB? Anyone? lol

Call me crazy. I just don't think it's JZB, or any part of "the nine." *shrugs* You know how Barrons was constantly warning Mac about thinking she's already had the worst happen to her...kind of warning her against having the attitude that "I've already been through hell...what's the worst that can happen now?" There's specific quotes, but I'm too lazy right now.

Anyway, at the end, it's like he's proven right. She's experiencing "grief as old as time" and she's "lost everything."

Whuh?!!

This scene to me screamed Alina. Now, I'm not saying Alina is the beast, but the feelings Mac is feeling remind me of when she talks of Alina and her quest/thirst/desire to avenge her death. I just don't feel that JZB is the equivalent of everything in Mac's world, yet (unless you count semi-Pri-ya Mac), or at least not to the point of it being revealed to us.

So, any thoughts? Put-downs? :)
    Last edited by Leiha; 08-18-2009 at 09:35 PM.
    Vic--thank you for another beautiful creation! And thanks to V'lane for letting her come up for air every once in a while to create! :)
    *Remember, please be kind to animals!*
    Peace and Love,
    Esther

Jax Teller's 'Old Lady' happygirlie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lms2112 View Post
    I'm a newby, so forgive my ignorance.... Here are my many hours of serious thoughts on the "Beast"....

Doesn't Mac refer to Barrons, numerous times, as having inhuman eyes? She states several times that looking into his eyes, she sees something other than human, a wildness.

The "beast" loves to kill, according to Ryoden. When Mac was inside Barrons' head, remember all of the gory, bloody scenes she sees? He kills man, woman, and child. I can't see him doing that in his human form. Maybe those are the beast's memories?

Also,in Darkfever, Mac says something about Barrons being 99% gone, 1% there (while they were with O'Bannion). Maybe he was focusing on his other form? The two probably unite to hunt.

Plus, the "beast" doesn't acutally start to die until she stabs him with the US spear. Isn't the spear deadly to FAE? Isn't Barrons a different race than human?

As for Mac feeling as if she lost her world, I think she was very distraught for assisting with killing the one "person" who continues to save her life. The book says the animal gives her a look that seems as if she betrayed it. She kills Barrons when he so often saves her. I'd feel betrayed! She has no way to get home, and the LM is after her- Barrons is dead. Who will keep her alive?

I hope I am wrong, but there are so many references to Barrons being beastly (not those exact words), and he is always stating some things are worse than dying. Maybe like being an infinite killing animal? Maybe that was what Fiona was going to say before he stabbed her. Barrons knew Mac was the one epic person who could kill him and put him out of his misery...
    I think JZB is beast too, for the same reasons

SchizophrenicFairyCatcher chymera90's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lms2112 View Post
    I'm a newby, so forgive my ignorance.... Here are my many hours of serious thoughts on the "Beast"....

Doesn't Mac refer to Barrons, numerous times, as having inhuman eyes? She states several times that looking into his eyes, she sees something other than human, a wildness.

The "beast" loves to kill, according to Ryoden. When Mac was inside Barrons' head, remember all of the gory, bloody scenes she sees? He kills man, woman, and child. I can't see him doing that in his human form. Maybe those are the beast's memories?

Also,in Darkfever, Mac says something about Barrons being 99% gone, 1% there (while they were with O'Bannion). Maybe he was focusing on his other form? The two probably unite to hunt.

Plus, the "beast" doesn't acutally start to die until she stabs him with the US spear. Isn't the spear deadly to FAE? Isn't Barrons a different race than human?

As for Mac feeling as if she lost her world, I think she was very distraught for assisting with killing the one "person" who continues to save her life. The book says the animal gives her a look that seems as if she betrayed it. She kills Barrons when he so often saves her. I'd feel betrayed! She has no way to get home, and the LM is after her- Barrons is dead. Who will keep her alive?

I hope I am wrong, but there are so many references to Barrons being beastly (not those exact words), and he is always stating some things are worse than dying. Maybe like being an infinite killing animal? Maybe that was what Fiona was going to say before he stabbed her. Barrons knew Mac was the one epic person who could kill him and put him out of his misery...
    it is totaly ok that your new. somtimes its best to have a freash pair of eyes
    and i think that you made a good point
    How this for booty!!

Maniac

I am compiling evidence for a SERIOUS theory on what it is that jericho barrons is, and wether or not he is the beast, after I'm done, I'll post it here. But for now, I want to show an exerpt from her book that proves if, HYPOTHETICALLY, Jericho is the beast, he doesnt die from her spear.

" I now have proof that IF hypothetically, jericho barrons is the monster in the end of book 4 in the series, that he survives.

its in the second book:

"I know you're a male and I know that you see them barrons, we dont need to revisit this topic. I also know that you're super strong and that you rarely touch the spear, so... how long have you been eating unseelie barrons?"

He gaped a moment, then his shoulders began to shake, his chest rumbled, his dark eyes glittered with amusement and he laughed.

"Its a perfectly logical assumption!" I bristled

"Yes," he said finally, "it is. It startled me with its logic, but it's not true"

I studied him through narrowed eyes "Maybe thats why the shades dont eat you. Theyre not cannibals and youre full of their brethren. Maybe they dont like dark meat."

"So, stab me." he said softly.""

He doesn't fear it, which would lead one to think, it cant kill him. ;)

Maniac

Okay, I've been gone a while and haven't been getting my lunch breaks much, but have been reading Highlander and have some thoughts. Lbell, I, too, thought Christian MacKeltar might have been the beastie. Since he's Druid and she fed him US to heal him, who knows what could have happened.

Also, the other guy she was attracted to, who she first saw in the museum, who chased her, who worked with Christian and who she saw in the bar. The kind of guy she would have gone for at home. Maybe it's him? The reason it shaking her world apart being that someone she was so attracted to could be this beast who protected her, and maybe that's why she was seeing him so many times?

I don't think it's JZB, but could be, as several mentioned, that he isn't actually killed by the spear. That's an interesting theory.

I can tell you that I'm going to re-read all the Fever and Highlander (haven't actually finished those yet, anyway) books, because I've been noting so many cross-characters that I really want to make some connections.

Also, has anyone else wondered if JZB is Adam Black's half-immortal son? I've been wondering that lately - espcially with Dageus and the Nine-Inch-Nails references. Too many cross-overs.

Also, remember when Mac was reading about the beautiful young boy, so isolated and alone in the books? I think that was Barrons, too. That's probably in here somewhere, but I cannot find it!

Quote Originally Posted by sookfan View Post
    Also, remember when Mac was reading about the beautiful young boy, so isolated and alone in the books? I think that was Barrons, too. That's probably in here somewhere, but I cannot find it!
    Do you mean The boy in the cage in Faery? Karen has already said that Barrons is not that buy because he us in fact much, much older.

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by airbear82 View Post
    Do you mean The boy in the cage in Faery? Karen has already said that Barrons is not that buy because he us in fact much, much older.
    Yes, that's the boy I meant. Thanks for the info, airbear82! I get in here so irregularly, I miss a LOT.

Jax Teller's 'Old Lady' happygirlie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenavyere View Post
    I am compiling evidence for a SERIOUS theory on what it is that jericho barrons is, and wether or not he is the beast, after I'm done, I'll post it here. But for now, I want to show an exerpt from her book that proves if, HYPOTHETICALLY, Jericho is the beast, he doesnt die from her spear.

" I now have proof that IF hypothetically, jericho barrons is the monster in the end of book 4 in the series, that he survives.

its in the second book:

"I know you're a male and I know that you see them barrons, we dont need to revisit this topic. I also know that you're super strong and that you rarely touch the spear, so... how long have you been eating unseelie barrons?"

He gaped a moment, then his shoulders began to shake, his chest rumbled, his dark eyes glittered with amusement and he laughed.

"Its a perfectly logical assumption!" I bristled

"Yes," he said finally, "it is. It startled me with its logic, but it's not true"

I studied him through narrowed eyes "Maybe thats why the shades dont eat you. Theyre not cannibals and youre full of their brethren. Maybe they dont like dark meat."

"So, stab me." he said softly.""

He doesn't fear it, which would lead one to think, it cant kill him. ;)
    Or, it proves he knows she won't stab him

Welcome to the mind games!

Can't wait to hear your theory

I'm the one with boobs !! analisa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissLissy View Post
    OK, I know this has all been posted before but here I go again. First of all Karen has basically said she is not going to throw us a bunch of Red Herons and send us down the Primrose Path just to muddy the waters and keep us guessing. So that being said, why would she say the beast was male only for it to become a female when it dies? It just doesn't ring true to me. Also why would she endow the beast with a lot of JZB's characteristics? For instance, When the beast sniffs Mac and seems to get angry with her it seems to me he is smelling Christian on her and is furious and jealous about it. Well anyway as much as a beast can be. Mac drives him wild with her dancing while she is priya and does it again when he is in the beast form, only he can't do one thing about it simply because he's in his beast form. The beast gathers up her clothing and keeps it tied to his leg. I think this is possessive on the beasts part. When JZB finds her back pack at the abbey he keeps it with him and then returns it to Mac. This is another case of him gathering up her things. Now to the stones, how many people/whatever know what the stones are? Only the main players imo know and in Drmf when Mac tells the beast that the stones are hers it narrows it's eyes and stares unblinkingly at her. The narrowing of the eyes suggest some kind of intelligence to me. Mac goes on to say that there wasn't even a flicker of understanding or intelligence in it's gaze. I think the beast did understand her and thinks the stones are rightly his because the beast is JZB and he does consider the stones his. As far as the beast not understanding or Mac seeing no intelligence in it I attribute this to JZB's non answers he constantly gives to Mac. Only now he's doing it in his beast form by pretending to not understand her. Also I think he doesn't want her to know him in his beast form.
    I guess when Shadowfever comes out I might be eating crow but hey that's the breaks. Has anyone actually ever eaten crow?
    I agree 100%, we still have to find out how the dreaming affects the events (if Mac is in the dreaming) but I think the beast is Barrons because of why would Karen describe the beast exactly like him if it's not ??
    And why do people think she's not attached to Barrons enough to feel like she's lost everything if he dies ??? They're so bonded in so many levels !!! I mean, you may like Barrons or not, but you can't deny he is the male protagonist of this story. Not Christian, not Darroc, not v'lane, not DEG, but Barrons. He is the one and only for Mac. Wether the rest of us like him or not.

I admit she could feel as devastated if it was Jack, but ALL the other references of the beast point to Barrons, so I guess Jack is out of the question.

Of course that's JMHO.

Beautiful art work by alicexz

Belle

I so think the beast is JZB, because Ry asked about the beast. That said I think Ry betrayed Barrons. And you have to remember that Mac said it looked at her like she betrayed it.

Belle

So true about everything and remember when Mac was priya she called him a beast.