> > >
Page 31 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Speculations on the Beast

Default Speculations on the Beast

So, who wants to speculate about Mac's "beasty" protector at the end...and not that it was/is JZB? Anyone? lol

Call me crazy. I just don't think it's JZB, or any part of "the nine." *shrugs* You know how Barrons was constantly warning Mac about thinking she's already had the worst happen to her...kind of warning her against having the attitude that "I've already been through hell...what's the worst that can happen now?" There's specific quotes, but I'm too lazy right now.

Anyway, at the end, it's like he's proven right. She's experiencing "grief as old as time" and she's "lost everything."

Whuh?!!

This scene to me screamed Alina. Now, I'm not saying Alina is the beast, but the feelings Mac is feeling remind me of when she talks of Alina and her quest/thirst/desire to avenge her death. I just don't feel that JZB is the equivalent of everything in Mac's world, yet (unless you count semi-Pri-ya Mac), or at least not to the point of it being revealed to us.

So, any thoughts? Put-downs? :)
    Last edited by Leiha; 08-18-2009 at 09:35 PM.
    Vic--thank you for another beautiful creation! And thanks to V'lane for letting her come up for air every once in a while to create! :)
    *Remember, please be kind to animals!*
    Peace and Love,
    Esther

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by neets21 View Post
    Honetly, reading the intro post to this topic gave me a thought...

What Mac's living for right now is revenge. She's devoted the rest of her life to killing Alina's killer, who she believes is Darroc. Mac would most definitely be devastated if the monster who was protecting her was Darroc, or whoever physically killed her sister, and is now dead- past Mac's ability to exact her revenge.

Obviously, it would be very odd if the beast was Darroc, but it's the only thing I can think of that matters the most to her.

Either something like that, or the beast is Barrons and will come back to life/be healed. Becaue Barrons is Barrons, and can't die!

Well since we seem to believe Barrons can not die, then if he is the beast he can come back to life.
    But didn't Rydon use a machine gun on the creature the night before, maybe the creatures is immortal and no matter who it is that person will come back to life.

And if Mac has defined herself as cold revenge out to get the person who killed Alina, and if the creature turns out to be the next reincarnation of Alina then Mac would be responsible for killing Alina. (don't worry I got this cute little yellow guy to beat some sense into me - see) : And since Darroc is also in this realm looking for Mac this would set up a final confontation between Mac and Darroc. Then Mac will be faced with the one question - who is she? Can she go on after she is stripped of her revenge?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessi View Post
    I am pretty darn sure that its Barrons. I have close proof. You know hoe Mac's Voice worked on the boar? ANd it didnt work on the beast? Well, keep this in mind: In Voice, student and teacher learn immunity to each other.
    Now here is the defenition of Voice in Mac's journal:
    "A Druid art or skill that compels the person it's being used on to precisly obry the letter of whatever command is issued. Bothe the Lord Master and Barrons have used this on me. It's terrifying. It shuts down your will and makes you a slave. You stare hopelessly out from your own eyes and watch your body doing things that your mind is screaming at you not to do. I'm trying to learn it. At least be able to resist it, because otherwise I'll never get close enough to the Lord Master to kill him and get vengeance for Alina.

Addendum: I can resist and use it now! Funny the steel you find inside when it's either that or die. But Barrons was right: The student and teacher lose the ability to use it on each other. Proficency cancels it out."

Why else would Mac say this now? It's one of the few "hint hint"'s that Karen drops for us. I believe that it's Barrons without a doubt. Not that I like it much, but KMM is a good writer and I have faith that she will not let him stay dead.
    Do you think that is what could have happened to JZB at one time? When Mac gets into his head and "sees" him threw his eyes, he stands there like he has no control over the killings going on? Or what she is seeing threw him at the time?

I hope it's not JB but I'm having doubts of who else it could be. My only hope I'm clinging to is he was the one telling MAc, never believe somethings dead until you've burned it, poked around in the ashes and waited a few days to see if anything comes out of them.

I don't think it's JB. For one, it never says that the beast is a male, so why not female? Plus as was stated before they were both in the garage when she heard the howel & he can't be in the same place at the same time.

And I'm also thinking that B/C JB said to poke it burn it and so on, that maybe it a woman. What if her sister wasn't really dead. That all of the bite marks changed her into the beast?

Thumbs up Yes It Does

Quote Originally Posted by BabyG3551 View Post
    I don't think it's JB. For one, it never says that the beast is a male, so why not female? Plus as was stated before they were both in the garage when she heard the howel & he can't be in the same place at the same time.

And I'm also thinking that B/C JB said to poke it burn it and so on, that maybe it a woman. What if her sister wasn't really dead. That all of the bite marks changed her into the beast?
    it DOES say that the Beast is a male. I distinctly remember that part. Its at the end of DREAMFEVER. I don't have the book with me right now so unfortunately I can't quote you the EXACT page (much as I'd like to ). please DO check again and you'll c.

Quote Originally Posted by dipa View Post
    it DOES say that the Beast is a male. I distinctly remember that part. Its at the end of DREAMFEVER. I don't have the book with me right now so unfortunately I can't quote you the EXACT page (much as I'd like to ). please DO check again and you'll c.
    Hmmmm...
    I don't have the book any more (it had to go back to the library). But I do remember the last lines described the fur turning into hair, and the gray skin turning light. I don't remember it acctually describing a male. it was very vague and said "It" when refuring to the beast, and in the end it said the person she killed. I admit I could be wrong, but it's currently my theory. If you could let me know were it says it's male it would be great.

Maniac

Cool The Beast

I'm new to the site so I hope I did this right.... :)

I was totally thinking Alina too. It may be wishful thinking because I do not want it to be JZB... but when Mac is in the Hall of All Days, she says that time is not linear and that it was all the days that ever were or would be, if that is the case, then where she ended up in the silvers may be the past. She assumes that beast is IYD, but what if it's not, also Ryodan gives her a strange look when she calls it the IYD... he also hesitates when he says where is... the creature. Plus we do not yet hav a real explanation on the woman that JZB carries out of the mirror ( did Mac really get a good look at her). The fact that JZB knew that she died "hard... like an animal got to her" is also suspect.
    I know that Mac says that the beast is male but when is anything the Fae messed with what is supposed to be.
    I did think of the Voice issue too... because I thought the same thing when I read the adendum to the Voice entry in Mac's journal in the back of Dreamfever, but I thought maybe it was possible that it wouldn't work because Mac and Alina are sisters. I mean we have never seen Dageus (sorry if I spelled that wrong) Voice Drustan (not that I remember anyway) maybe beacuse it wouldn't work.

Just some of my thoughts... no one I know reads KMM so I have no one to discuss with.

Good ideas Potterfan622...more to think about.

The wonderful thing about this site is that you have TONS of people to discuss the book with

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by highlandreamer View Post
    I don't think Barrons is the beast.Remember when he was leading Mac out to the garage, and the Beast was howling under the floor,then they run into Fiona?How can he be in 2 places at once?I know he meant "everything"to her, but she can't kill Barrons off,he's the other main part.I think that it could be Christian, or possibly Vlane.A good reason why he avoids Barrons.

I don't want to make anyone nuts, but...what if there are more than one Beast? Wasn't it in Faefever, -or perhaps Bloodfever- when Mac is searching about in JB's garage that she hears "two" beasts roaring? One angry the other somewhat submissive?????

What if there are "several" entities with the ability to shapeshift to beast-like beings? Barrons being one of them? Mind you all, I loooooooove Barrons and I really don't want to see him killed off. EVER!!! I am still holding out for some sort of happy ending with Mac and JB together....silly me.

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by BabyG3551 View Post
    Hmmmm...
    I don't have the book any more (it had to go back to the library). But I do remember the last lines described the fur turning into hair, and the gray skin turning light. I don't remember it acctually describing a male. it was very vague and said "It" when refuring to the beast, and in the end it said the person she killed. I admit I could be wrong, but it's currently my theory. If you could let me know were it says it's male it would be great.
    the part wher its saying male is earlier when she first saw him and said he stood on his hind legs and you could tell it was definatly male

i dont remember it saying anything about hearing 2 beasts in the basment tho << starts back tracking throuhg the books:P