+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Christian, Barrons & Draghar

Maniac

Default Christian, Barrons & Draghar

I think Christian and Barrons were successful in reaching that "something ancient" on Samhain.

Christian said he chickened out, but I think it was already too late.
    Barrons did not chicken out because he was already familiar with the "something", therefore not afraid -- he already has it, keeps it suppressed with black & red tattoos of his own.

Christian's new black & red tats were supposed to protect him, but their efficacy in doing so is questionable, maybe because he chickened out, lost faith in runes and/or in himself, his Druid powers, and/or in Barrons. The tats were succeeding in keeping dormant what they had summoned until Mac fed him US flesh. Then, the physical manifestation of the presence in him was strengthened and became visible in the moving "tattoo" over his body, up his neck and around his throat. That was not a tattoo, IMO, but evidence of Draghar presence in him. In addition, he "was getting scary looking. His eyes were growing inhumanly brilliant, golden". (p.329)

In DH, the Druid Sect of the Draghar had winged serpent tattoos on their necks . I think these are similar to what Christian is now developing. Whether those Druids' tats were actual manifestations of possession or just tats Draghar wannabes is unknown. But I think they appear the same.

Barrons exhibited the same moving "tattoo" at his KMM interview, along with fading of his black & red tats. Maybe he has been lax in renewing his protective tats, or maybe the internal presence comes to the fore in times of stress, like adrenaline, and becomes active, more visible. (I don't have the CD, so am going by what I've read here concerning the interview. I apologize if I've misunderstood what was described. If so, please correct me so I don't go further astray.)

Ryodan's massive scarring along one side and up his neck (p.175) could indicate a removal (surgically or by other means -- expulsion?) of that presence. This would allow him to act on the 9's behalf in the human world, if he is no longer totally one of them, but still related "in a manner of speaking". Or maybe the scar remains from a failed attempt at excision.

QA is right to be worried about Christian. If this theory is correct, she has lost one of her Druids to the opposition -- the Draghar. She also has Darroc as opposition, so is justified in her worry about remaining top dog.

In summary, I think Christian is now entering a new stage. He is entering Barrons' camp, while maintaining MacKeltar roots, thereby straddling several factions:

1) Human/MacKeltar Druid
    2) QA's Druid
    3) Draghar Druid (if not Draghar, something commensurably powerful)

Christian has become a Major Player.

I agree and that sets him up for his own book.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
    I think Christian and Barrons were successful in reaching that "something ancient" on Samhain.

Barrons did not chicken out because he was already familiar with the "something", therefore not afraid -- he already has it, keeps it suppressed with black & red tattoos of his own.

Christian's new black & red tats were supposed to protect him, but their efficacy in doing so is questionable, maybe because he chickened out, lost faith in runes and/or in himself, his Druid powers, and/or in Barrons. The tats were succeeding in keeping dormant what they had summoned until Mac fed him US flesh. Then, the physical manifestation of the presence in him was strengthened and became visible in the moving "tattoo" over his body, up his neck and around his throat. That was not a tattoo, IMO, but evidence of Draghar presence in him. In addition, he "was getting scary looking. His eyes were growing inhumanly brilliant, golden". (p.329)

In DH, the Druid Sect of the Draghar had winged serpent tattoos on their necks . I think these are similar to what Christian is now developing. Whether those Druids' tats were actual manifestations of possession or just tats Draghar wannabes is unknown. But I think they appear the same.

Barrons exhibited the same moving "tattoo" at his KMM interview, along with fading of his black & red tats. Maybe he has been lax in renewing his protective tats, or maybe the internal presence comes to the fore in times of stress, like adrenaline, and becomes active, more visible. (I don't have the CD, so am going by what I've read here concerning the interview. I apologize if I've misunderstood what was described. If so, please correct me so I don't go further astray.)

Ryodan's massive scarring along one side and up his neck (p.175) could indicate a removal (surgically or by other means -- expulsion?) of that presence. This would allow him to act on the 9's behalf in the human world, if he is no longer totally one of them, but still related "in a manner of speaking". Or maybe the scar remains from a failed attempt at excision.

QA is right to be worried about Christian. If this theory is correct, she has lost one of her Druids to the opposition -- the Draghar. She also has Darroc as opposition, so is justified in her worry about remaining top dog.

In summary, I think Christian is now entering a new stage. He is entering Barrons' camp, while maintaining MacKeltar roots, thereby straddling several factions:

1) Human/MacKeltar Druid
    2) QA's Druid

I love this theory, and I'm going to ride this wave, lol. I think it makes perfect sense and sort of ties everything in that we've already seen about Barrons, his men, and the changes in Christian. Until we get Shadowfever in our hands, I'm on board with this!

Ollie

If the Tuatha De Danann knew whatever the Draghar tried to raise long ago was going to rise no matter what...I'd want a couple MacKeltars on my side too. Maybe even have a fae become friends with it
    Last edited by Ollie; 09-17-2009 at 11:18 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post

1) Human/MacKeltar Druid
    2) QA's Druid

Default Great thread

I like this idea. It's making me think some more. I sometimes wonder if my brain is going to explode from TMI. Thanks oxymoron for sharing this.

I like this theory as well. However, I think Christian might becoming what they tried to summon not just a druid of the draghar. Jericho is not only getting a moving tattoo around throat but gold flecks in his eyes as well. I don't know if he is being effected the same way as Christian or if he was one all along.

What is interesting is like Jericho Adam has gold flecks in his obsidian eyes. I always thought they were related or connected somehow. Is it because they are both fae or something else? I'm sorry but I can't help but add that Uk was not quite fae but something else as well.

Good theory and observations! I always like reading your thread and posts.

Ollie

Quote Originally Posted by Wildernessgirl View Post
    I like this theory as well. However, I think Christian might becoming what they tried to summon not just a druid of the draghar. Jericho is not only getting a moving tattoo around throat but gold flecks in his eyes as well. I don't know if he is being effected the same way as Christian or if he was one all along.

What is interesting is like Jericho Adam has gold flecks in his obsidian eyes. I always thought they were related or connected somehow. Is it because they are both fae or something else? I'm sorry but I can't help but add that Uk was not quite fae but something else as well.

Good theory and observations! I always like reading your thread and posts.
    I'm sort of thinking that way too...(today any ways..)
    Oxymoron reminded me of Manannan, which I'd forgotten. Manannan was the Sea God in mythology that helped the TDD finally defeat the Fomorians, Demoic sea beings who live in glass towers and underworld beneath the sea, which I think Barrons and his men are.
    If the MacKeltars are keepers of Manannan's books, plus the Queen made them keepers of the Compact. Their family played a huge role and connection in the past history that we know nothing about at the moment. Plus the eyes & dark looks of Barrons, Adam and the MacKeltars make me feel long ago some how they are connected. If the Queen knew that their biggest enemy was going to rise again in the future, I'm sure she would want her keepers and allies to somehow have a part in that power. That way it might help stop their greatest enemy from destroying the fae race. Then with the Queens new knowledge about Love being the greatest weapon...make their greastest enemy(Barrons) fall in love. Tame the beast. An extra security at keeping your greatest enemy from attacking you.
    I think Barrons true power is contained. When Barrons and Christian tried to raise that power, Barrons tattos probably stopped the power from coming into him like it should have, so it went into Christian instead. (The Queen pulling string, making Darroc let the walls down that's why she left his memories.) Now she has one of her loved MacKeltars holding the power of her enemy but on her side. She is worried about him, not because of what he is becoming but because he's needed to play the middle. And she left the memories of Draghar in her other MacKeltar to help with something that has to do with Christian.

My guess any ways....????
    Last edited by Ollie; 09-18-2009 at 10:09 PM.

At first it seemed that the US bites made Christain change into the god/ancient power from Halloween.

But then I thought maybe he was turning into an US cause of what Dageus said in SH.

From SH
    The legendary Dark Glass, In his hands.
    He traced his fingers lightly over the cool silvery surface, then across the ruines chiseled deep into the golden frame.
    Not even the 13 within him, who'd lived side by side with the Fae many milennia ago, knew the language with which the frame was adorned.
    It was said the Hallows had been spoken into existence by the sheer magic of the Tuatha De tongue. the sacred relics had been spelled into being by words and song.....and not in the tongue of Adam Black and his contemporaries---but in a far more ancient language that had been spoken eons past, long before the TD had come to this world. A language allegedly forgotten by all but the most ancient among them.

A chill was inching up his arms.
    Twas not an entirely unpleasant sensation.
    In fact twas strangely invigorating.
    Made him feel positively powerful. Not good. Not good at all
    Aye tis the Dark Glass, Drustan, one of the US Hallows..............
    You may wish to keep your contact with it to a minimum.
    It works on the magic in our blood, enticing us.
    So it seems the Dark US magic calls or works on the Keltars. And not in a good way.

It probably is caused by the US (plus Mac's blood?) since the starting point for the black tattoos is the abdomin where it spread/moved down the legs and up the chest to his throat over his jaw and staining his eyes.
    Last edited by snowstorm; 12-02-2009 at 02:54 PM.

Default Christian's Eyes

ZOMG! I was listening to DrF this morning. At one point, Mac describes Christian's eyes as "amber rimmed with black".

Just like Daegus when he was possessed by the Draghar!

And what were Barrons and Christian doing on Halloween? Trying to raise the same creature as the Draghars! That's why the unseelie flesh is affecting him so weirdly! Not to mention that his tats are moving and spreading of their own accord...

Don't know what it means, but I thought it might be important.

+ Reply to Thread