> > >
Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things we think are important...we're just not sure why!

Jax Teller's 'Old Lady' happygirlie's Avatar

Smile Little things we think are important...we're just not sure why!

Ok, I don't mean the big stuff like 'what is JZB?'

I know I'm not the only one who keeps revisting the same little tidbits of info time and time again trying to make them fit my latest theory. Maybe if we put them all together and stare long enough the answers will be obvious - you know, like a 3D drawing!

So, I'll show you mine if you show me yours

In no particular order and off the top of my head, little things I think are important:

The dark lake in Mac's head
    Blood on wards
    'You are not one of us'
    Elle Masters
    The static on Alina's phonecall
    DEG's reflection
    Fiona
    How Barrons knew about the Christmas tree
    It speaks my name and calls me kindred
    The silver cuffs
    Christian's markings
    War (the UP)
    Mac's fear of the underground

Phew! I feel a bit lighter now

Re-reading Fever Series amabella's Avatar

Nana´s misunderstanding about names between Alina and Mac

OK ...for me it's the following. This is from BF (PB p284) after JZB finds Mac in the Burren and does his "This isn't what I wanted" speech.

"I had no idea what he was talking about. There was a kernal of something gnawing at the back of my mind. Something I need to think about. A choice to be made."

I know the primary thought is that he was going to make her into whatever he is or immortal somehow. But HOW DOES MAC KNOW THAT?? WHAT CHOICE IS SHE THINKING ABOUT?? AND WHAT HAS SHE FOUND OUT ABOUT HIM IN THE FIRST TWO BOOKS AND MAKES HER THINK THAT??

This has been gnawing at me since I read it ...how does she know that??
    Last edited by jayzee; 09-15-2009 at 05:15 PM.

VP's best yet

Ooooooh yes! Both of the above for me too!!!

Searching for La La land bethanyROX's Avatar

Just how much does Rainey and Jack Lane know?
    Whatever happened to Macabe from DF?...This bugs me to no end.
    The mural....please tell us what it is of...Though I think Karen said "Not this time arround."
    Why Mac considers herself old fashioned and born into the wrong era...There are theories on this.
    Why Barrons had blood on his hand and suit in the earlier books...We know its human, just not whose.

Maniac

I'm not even sure if blood on the wards is significant so much as MAC'S BLOOD on the wards. I think that for some reason Mac's blood is important to something. there is a post i looked at earlier that theorized about Mac's blood on unseelie before Christian ate it. So I think that there is something significant about Mac's like bodily chemistry or something. Something that we arent' seeing.

Does anyone else feel like all the answers are there staring us in the face and we are just plain missing them? Like when Shadowfever comes out we are all going to be slapping our heads and going "DOH"
    "Be Kind for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle"
    -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by jeskrt View Post

Does anyone else feel like all the answers are there staring us in the face and we are just plain missing them? Like when Shadowfever comes out we are all going to be slapping our heads and going "DOH"

ME!

Quote Originally Posted by jeskrt View Post

I WANT MY AH HA MOMENT

MMPS Magi Maleficent sarahmuriel's Avatar

LM told Mac when he bought Mac coffee:
    "Fae isn't the only game in town. Your illustrious benefactor taught me well."

Why did KMM made a point of describing one of them (when Barron's went to the abbey to get Mac out with the other guys) as kind of different. By now, I know that when this author calls to your attention something it is usually an important clue for the future. When Barron's picked up Mac, Dani describes the following:
    " Big men. Couple of `em seem more animal than human. One of `em looks like Death himself, with white hair, pale skin, and hot dark eyes that assess restlessly, incessantly. They fix on me. I cringe. They all move sleek and strange."

Why did Barron's had so much blood when he brought Mac back to BB&B after the encounter with the Book. " What the f**k are you?” he snarled. His dark eyes burned ancient and cold in his face. There was blood on his cheeks. Blood on his hands.

Fiona's words "Ah, such delicious absurdity! She still doesn’t know. Oh, Jericho! You never change, do you? You must be so afraid—”

with alittle bit of
    Last edited by sarahmuriel; 09-15-2009 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
    OK ...for me it's the following. This is from BF (PB p284) after JZB finds Mac in the Burren and does his "This isn't what I wanted" speech.

"I had no idea what he was talking about. There was a kernal of something gnawing at the back of my mind. Something I need to think about. A choice to be made."

I know the primary thought is that he was going to make her into whatever he is or immortal somehow. But HOW DOES MAC KNOW THAT?? WHAT CHOICE IS SHE THINKING ABOUT?? AND WHAT HAS SHE FOUND OUT ABOUT HIM IN THE FIRST TWO BOOKS AND MAKES HER THINK THAT??

This has been gnawing at me since I read it ...how does she know that??
    I see what you mean. I always thought "There was a kernel. . etc. etc. . a choice to be made." was referring to her needing to decide whether or not she was going to eat the unseelie flesh on the slab? But now it's something else?! More thinking for me?! My brain hurts!!!

I agree, though, about NEEDING to know what Barrons was considering doing to Mac to help her not die. I can't wait to find out!