> > >
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things we think are important...we're just not sure why!

Jax Teller's 'Old Lady' happygirlie's Avatar

Smile Little things we think are important...we're just not sure why!

Ok, I don't mean the big stuff like 'what is JZB?'

I know I'm not the only one who keeps revisting the same little tidbits of info time and time again trying to make them fit my latest theory. Maybe if we put them all together and stare long enough the answers will be obvious - you know, like a 3D drawing!

So, I'll show you mine if you show me yours

In no particular order and off the top of my head, little things I think are important:

The dark lake in Mac's head
    Blood on wards
    'You are not one of us'
    Elle Masters
    The static on Alina's phonecall
    DEG's reflection
    Fiona
    How Barrons knew about the Christmas tree
    It speaks my name and calls me kindred
    The silver cuffs
    Christian's markings
    War (the UP)
    Mac's fear of the underground

Phew! I feel a bit lighter now

Default Important?

Is the reason Barrons (before he was JZB) picked V'lane's princess to kill anything more than just an author's contrivence to have them hate each other & compete for Mac ?
    Or did V'lane do something to whoever Barrons & the 8 were supposed to be "guarding"( the original fairy Queen?) so that they failed in their responsibilities and Barrons did this to this specific fae princess to remind the forgetful fae of what happened and V'lane's part in it?

I just cannot shake the feeling that V'lane is the "bad guy" behind what is going on- not the LM. The LM is just a pawn...

I wonder too, are the 9 either the Wild Hunt or the Seelie Hunters?
    I kinda liked it when JZB was one of a kind....

Ollie

How Barrons talks about Mac being raw material to work with but it looks like he is the only one who is willing to do it. Or is he the ONLY one that can???

Add that with the vibes I get. Of how, even with helping her out of pri-ya state..he seems to want her to be something......

The little thing nagging at me is how does Ryodan find the LM's tatoo on Mac when Barrons didn't. I mean Mac and Barrons were naked together for two months. Besides, with the remorse Barrons seems to feel about not being able to rescue her in the first place, I think while she was sleeping he would have gone over her with a fine toothed comb checking for injuries or markings. I definately think that Barrons is smart enough to think that the LM could have tatooed Mac. Well, Barrons taught him all of that, right? I don't know, something just isn't right about that.

Ollie

Another thing...is Dragon LADY'S library and it hadn't been used in years. That line really has me thinking. At first I thought she was just calling Rowena a name but I think it's more....
    Last edited by Ollie; 09-22-2009 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arjones View Post
    The little thing nagging at me is how does Ryodan find the LM's tatoo on Mac when Barrons didn't. I mean Mac and Barrons were naked together for two months. Besides, with the remorse Barrons seems to feel about not being able to rescue her in the first place, I think while she was sleeping he would have gone over her with a fine toothed comb checking for injuries or markings. I definately think that Barrons is smart enough to think that the LM could have tatooed Mac. Well, Barrons taught him all of that, right? I don't know, something just isn't right about that.
    I think there is alot out of character activity going on round here...
    which is why I think our Mac is still asleep somewhere and the whole of the book is MACS thoughts of things... in her DREAMS....her fears and her desires all coming out as a book called Dreamfever

Default Ceiling

What is the mural on BB&B's ceiling of?

Does it tell the whole story of what everyone wants to know- right there in plain view only 4 stories up?

Shazza

Okay just please, please don't tell me that the beast she helps slay at the end of this book is Barrons, cause I think I just may cry if it is.

Shazza

Purplefrequency, I hope your right and this is all a Dream.

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by zsasalter View Post
    Not to mention that he has never entered a personal dwelling without an invite. Not even in the begining when Mac had to invite him into her hotel room. Never been it the LM house, and that is right down the street from BB&B. At the Abby they had Rowena with a knife to her throat. That could get an invite into the Abby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacia View Post
    Nice Kesali.....It was like bells going off in my head....
    Barrons is a vamp..That would make perfect sense! Along with all of the connections you already made, (doesnt come to BB&B until night, V'lane & LM scared of him, vamp + druid training = one unstoppable creature.....), it made me think about the IYD and the end of DrF....
    What if IYD didnt work, the beast is NOT Barrons(I dont have a clue as to who or what it is...) Then what if IYD was Barrons and if she's dying he could turn her vamp...
    It would explain so much..
    -why he lives in Dublin..the weather..there are so many references to how dreary and dark it is..
    -how IYD would save Mac
    - how fast he is, how he can do things like the jump @ the warehouse
    - why he might need the book..it could end his "curse"
    - why he had blood on him so many times
    - what he was going to turn her into before she ate the Unseelie
    - MAYBE why he says that about "hating him more" (streching here)
    - again MAYBE the uncontrolable urges to kill in some of the "memories" (again streching) but think about it..if he is a vamp he's need to kill or at least drink blood to survive right?
    - why he can touch the Hallows
    - OH YEAH, when he goes to warn here off the book in her hotel, "He presed his lips to the side of my neck. I felt his tongue where my pulse fluttered, tracing my vein." Uh vamp move???
    - LM's statement to Mac when he brought her coffee..."Fae isnt the only game in town. Your illustrious benefactor taught me well."
    Ok, Im sure there are more but i cant think of all of them right now...
    I may be TOTALLY off base here but it just seemed to fit....
    Again.....thanks Kesali!!

wow! i agree this makes alot of sense..i always wondered about that part in DF when he traces her vein with his tongue...

and then someone mentioned somewhere on this thread that they wonder what he was going to do to her when he closed her eyes when she was badly injured my malluce in BF..

i thought these quotes kind of fit in to this theory...BF page 284-286 (pb)

"this isnt what i wanted" barons was saying. this isnt what i would have chosen. you must know that. its important you know that."

" i felt his fingers on my eyelids. he eased them closed."

"his hand was a warm pressure on my neck. My head lolled to the side"

"his face was in my neck and he was breathing hard"

"

Quote Originally Posted by Stacia View Post
    Nice Kesali.....It was like bells going off in my head....
    Barrons is a vamp..That would make perfect sense! Along with all of the connections you already made, (doesnt come to BB&B until night, V'lane & LM scared of him, vamp + druid training = one unstoppable creature.....), it made me think about the IYD and the end of DrF....
    What if IYD didnt work, the beast is NOT Barrons(I dont have a clue as to who or what it is...) Then what if IYD was Barrons and if she's dying he could turn her vamp...
    It would explain so much..
    -why he lives in Dublin..the weather..there are so many references to how dreary and dark it is..
    -how IYD would save Mac
    - how fast he is, how he can do things like the jump @ the warehouse
    - why he might need the book..it could end his "curse"
    - why he had blood on him so many times
    - what he was going to turn her into before she ate the Unseelie
    - MAYBE why he says that about "hating him more" (streching here)
    - again MAYBE the uncontrolable urges to kill in some of the "memories" (again streching) but think about it..if he is a vamp he's need to kill or at least drink blood to survive right?
    - why he can touch the Hallows
    - OH YEAH, when he goes to warn here off the book in her hotel, "He presed his lips to the side of my neck. I felt his tongue where my pulse fluttered, tracing my vein." Uh vamp move???
    - LM's statement to Mac when he brought her coffee..."Fae isnt the only game in town. Your illustrious benefactor taught me well."
    Ok, Im sure there are more but i cant think of all of them right now...
    I may be TOTALLY off base here but it just seemed to fit....
    Again.....thanks Kesali!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBDR View Post
    wow! i agree this makes alot of sense..i always wondered about that part in DF when he traces her vein with his tongue...

and then someone mentioned somewhere on this thread that they wonder what he was going to do to her when he closed her eyes when she was badly injured my malluce in BF..

i thought these quotes kind of fit in to this theory...BF page 284-286 (pb)

"this isnt what i wanted" barons was saying. this isnt what i would have chosen. you must know that. its important you know that."

" i felt his fingers on my eyelids. he eased them closed."

"his hand was a warm pressure on my neck. My head lolled to the side"

"his face was in my neck and he was breathing hard"

"
    And when Mac is reading his mind he is drinking blood?

In a tent, Sawing open a man's chest with a bloody blade. Drawing back my arm and punching my fist into the bones that protected his heart. Closing my hand around it. Ripping it out.
    I'd already raped his woman---she was still alive, watching her husband die. As she had watched her children die. I raised his heart above my face, squeezed it in my fist, let the blood drip---