> > >
Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things we think are important...we're just not sure why!

Jax Teller's 'Old Lady' happygirlie's Avatar

Smile Little things we think are important...we're just not sure why!

Ok, I don't mean the big stuff like 'what is JZB?'

I know I'm not the only one who keeps revisting the same little tidbits of info time and time again trying to make them fit my latest theory. Maybe if we put them all together and stare long enough the answers will be obvious - you know, like a 3D drawing!

So, I'll show you mine if you show me yours

In no particular order and off the top of my head, little things I think are important:

The dark lake in Mac's head
    Blood on wards
    'You are not one of us'
    Elle Masters
    The static on Alina's phonecall
    DEG's reflection
    Fiona
    How Barrons knew about the Christmas tree
    It speaks my name and calls me kindred
    The silver cuffs
    Christian's markings
    War (the UP)
    Mac's fear of the underground

Phew! I feel a bit lighter now

Quote Originally Posted by josephine View Post
    Could someone please tell me what their interpretation of The Dreaming is? I'm sure this is important, I just don't understand it.
    I do not remember which book it is in, so I can't quote precisely, but I thought that is was a realm, a place where all hopes, dreams and fears either come to pass or get laid to rest, depending on what you believe...something like that.

Also, since the walls have fallen down, the dreaming has crashed into the other realms and is now accessible through the silvers?

This is what I recall. I'll try to find the exact quote.

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by gayle41 View Post
    I do not remember which book it is in, so I can't quote precisely, but I thought that is was a realm, a place where all hopes, dreams and fears either come to pass or get laid to rest, depending on what you believe...something like that.

Also, since the walls have fallen down, the dreaming has crashed into the other realms and is now accessible through the silvers?

thanks....

The Dreaming. It doesn't belong to the Fae. The Dreaming is far older and belongs to no one. It's where all hopes, fantasies, illusions and nightmares of sentient beings come to be or go to rest, whichever you prefer to believe.
    Do you think it means that in the Dreaming our hopes, fantasies, illusions and nightmares can be both created and/or finished/destroyed. Something I've wondered about too.
    Last edited by snowstorm; 01-22-2010 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snowstorm View Post
    Do you think it means that in the Dreaming our hopes, fantasies, illusions and nightmares can be both created and/or finished/destroyed. Something I've wondered about too.
    Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. That's why I think Mac is in the dreaming. It was all very dream-like. Ryodan was not acting like Ryodan, the tattoo, the LM, the beast, she thought it was IYD, then it acted like IYD. It just seemed surreal/dreamlike to me. (I'm probably totally wrong)

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. That's why I think Mac is in the dreaming. It was all very dream-like. Ryodan was not acting like Ryodan, the tattoo, the LM, the beast, she thought it was IYD, then it acted like IYD. It just seemed surreal/dreamlike to me. (I'm probably totally wrong)
    I'm with you I think the part from when Mac first enters the HOADs to the end is all a dream or in the Dreaming. Just too many references to dreams for it not to be.
    Here's Dreaming Realm info In the A Note About The Fever Series on Karen's main website in "About Karen" Section.
    Karen says this.
    In Faefever, the third book of the series, Mac says: "Sometimes my dreams feel so real it's hard to believe they're just the subconscious stroll across a whimsical map that has no true north.”Sometimes it seems like Dreaming must be a land that really exists out there somewhere, at a concrete latitude and longitude, with its own rules, laws, treacherous terrains and dangerous inhabitants." (She later finds out The Dreaming does, indeed, exist.)
    Then in DMF after entering the HOADs
    Had it starved to death? Or had it lived a hundred years, lost in dreams. I felt not hunger pangs and I should have……..
    There were doorways to dreamscapes so alien I couldn't even give name to what I was seeing.
    I felt as if I'd slipped down one of Alice's rabbit holes.
    I was in some fevered dream, a nightmare from which I couldn't escape.
    But maybe Mac entered it before the HOADs cause when she visits her parents she says this
    I wanted to see if I could find any trace of the girl I'd once been in these streets or if she'd been completely swallowed up by a dark Fae dream.
    Last edited by snowstorm; 01-22-2010 at 07:38 PM.

I'm with you I think the part from when Mac first enters the HOADs to the end is all a dream or in the Dreaming. Just too many references to dreams for it not to be.

But maybe Mac entered it before the HOADs cause when she visits her parents she says this
    Wow, great quoting!
    I was originally thinking that just the last realm was the dreaming, but now I'm not sure.

Wow, great quoting!
    I was originally thinking that just the last realm was the dreaming, but now I'm not sure.
    thanks.
    I didn't put it all together until I saw your post. I'm trying to figure out the dreams, but other info keeps distracting me.

Maniac

Default If Mac is in the Dreaming...

Here's Dreaming Realm info In the A Note About The Fever Series on Karen's main website in "About Karen" Section.
    Karen says this.

Then in DMF after entering the HOADs

and let's suppose that what she sees the beast turn into IS Barrons...

didn't Barrons tell Mac (don't remember which book or even much of the scene) something like when she actually "sees him" she won't have to ask the question of who he is.

Anyway, if Mac is in the Dreaming, and her dreams are prophetic, then has she "seen" the true Barrons as he is...cursed/beast. When she gets back to Dublin - will she then understand why Barrons is searching for the book and why he keeps his emotions in check with her. That he is searching for the book to get rid of the curse. That he must keep his emotions in check b/c if he doesn't he turns beastly. That he may be able to show his true self/feelings for her once he is rid of this curse.

I don't know if I'm even making sense. How long 'til SF is out?!?

HighlanderManiac Rae4Highlanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeskrt View Post
    Does anyone else feel like all the answers are there staring us in the face and we are just plain missing them? Like when Shadowfever comes out we are all going to be slapping our heads and going "DOH"
    All the time! I feel like until "Shadowfever" comes out I need to just keep reading and re-reading the others, because there HAS to be something there!

Yeah, hardship I know.

Quote Originally Posted by pjdky View Post
    and let's suppose that what she sees the beast turn into IS Barrons...

didn't Barrons tell Mac (don't remember which book or even much of the scene) something like when she actually "sees him" she won't have to ask the question of who he is.

Anyway, if Mac is in the Dreaming, and her dreams are prophetic, then has she "seen" the true Barrons as he is...cursed/beast. When she gets back to Dublin - will she then understand why Barrons is searching for the book and why he keeps his emotions in check with her. That he is searching for the book to get rid of the curse. That he must keep his emotions in check b/c if he doesn't he turns beastly. That he may be able to show his true self/feelings for her once he is rid of this curse.

I don't know if I'm even making sense. How long 'til SF is out?!?
    perhaps.
    IF she is in the dreaming, and IF the beast is barrons,
    I do think that she needs to fix things in her dream, though, or it will 'come to pass' rather than 'get laid to rest.' In other words, what I wonder, is if Barrons dies in the dream, does he also die in Dublin? My idea is that Mac will need to save him and herself in her dream in order to have him back in Dublin, too. Maybe she can dream up a way to uncurse him? Finally get their HEA!

Like others have theorized, I too think that she will have to go a little dark in order to save him, and 'get some perspective'.
    Last edited by gayle41; 01-24-2010 at 10:18 PM.