+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things we think are important...we're just not sure why!

HighlanderManiac Rae4Highlanders's Avatar

Default prophecy

Quote Originally Posted by amabella View Post
    Nana´s misunderstanding about names between Alina and Mac
    I'm sort of wondering if Jack and Rainey didn't have the propechy backwards, that Alina was the one who would doom the world and not Mac?

Just a thought.

Also, I think the fact that Rowena did some backpedaling about the O'Connors might be significant...case in point,

When Rowena first meets Mac (in Darkfever - pg 27 I think in the paperback) she identifies Mac as an O'Connor and says she'll be having a word with Mac's kin (O'Connors, right?) about Mac staring down the first Fae she sees. But she then says there are no O'Connors left, except Mac. That seems highly suspicious.

I just don't trust Rowena any farther than I could throw her though, so I might be biased. And I definitely couldn't throw her very far.

I kind of have wondered throughout the novels if Rowena didn't kill Mac and Alina's biological mom, and maybe even Alina! She could hang with the Shades she's so shady.
    Last edited by Rae4Highlanders; 01-25-2010 at 09:54 AM. Reason: grammar

Maniac

The CD's first song is: Jericho Rain, Alina has been described as sunshine, and ofcourse we know Mac is: Rainbow Girl...so I'm wondering is JZB responsible for the whole mess and was punished for it, and Mac is his only hope of redemption. Is Alina really dead? (no sunshine=no rainbow). Why does everyone (Darroc/V'lane/JZB) want Mac's willing cooperation?

Post head meet desk...

Quote Originally Posted by Kesali View Post
    I've finally read a few of the Highlander books.

So in one of them it says that QA will pick one MacKeltar per generation to "keep an eye on" so they don't forget the important things.
    Is that Christian?
    He is so much a reminder of Thomas the Rhymer- always speaking or knowing the truth of a a person's word that I assume its him in the here & now.

It also says in a couple of books that a Keltar Druid can instinctively know his soul-mate. Does Christian feel that way for Mac and just kept it to himself?
    Or is he just helping her because he can and she was such a newbie to everything fae? And she's cute.

Is the "sorcerer in Tibet looking for the lost book" Barrons?

Who are the five Druids? Barrons snuffs the idea that it is the MacKeltars- he refers to them as "arrogant f*cks". So who ARE the five Druids?

The Picts occupied Orkney & the Highlands around 300-600 BC. Then they "disappeared"- absorbed into the Scots culture, overrun by the Vickings, and their history was purposely ignored & lost. So just how old is Barrons if he's Pict?
    And what are the five languages he speaks?
    ( Maybe Pict or Basque being his first language since "English" is his fifth.)

In one of the Highlander books- it says that a Druid with enough power and control of "the Voice" can kill with a word. I think Cian did this. Is that how Barrons killed the fae princess? Is he that stong that he doesn't need to know their names to command them- he can just kill with the Voice?
    Will Mac be able to do this also?

Why doesn't anyone have a pet (other than the baying beast in Barrons' garage basement)? I'm always suspisious of characters that don't have critters... even if they are wishhounds or cheshire cats. Lol.
    I'm definitely thinking Christian is the MacKeltar of his generation, but I'm positive Mac isn't his One True Mate--I think he knows a lot more than he is saying and that is why he is so concerned about Mac sleeping with Barrons (his fam has been keeping an eye on JZB for awhile, so Christian probably knows why). But he isn't really possessive, more resigned that they won't be able to stay away from each other (I don't remember him ever actually warning Mac away from Barrons). Keltars and their OTM's are pretty much a combustion, and Christian and Mac just didn't have that, even though they had a nice, safe flirtation.

I also believe that the sorcerer in Tibet was Lucan, who was Cian's enemy in "Spell of the Highlander." That is why he was not at home when his home was burgaled; he was searching for the book.

I still think the five Druids are the Keltars. Barrons might think they are "arrogant f**ks" but they are the keepers of the Compact and the other Highlander books have sort of set them up for something big, with QA arranging things around them.

I definitely want to know what the heck with Pretty Boy is! He keeps popping up, and that scene in Chester's where Mac sees something a little different about him in the mirror? And he tells her not to talk to "it"? But then when she turns around he says he didn't say anything? Uhhhh....almost had a nightmare that was so freaky. Is a Gripper in him? That's the only thing I can come up with, because it wasn't clear if he meant don't talk to the Grey Woman, don't talk to Ryodan, or don't talk to Pretty Boy himself! And he has no name? Not once has Mac asked his name or he offered it?

He could be the UK or the 4th, or anything! Although, my bet would be closer to the UK if I were going to guess. I think he's very weird to be popping up randomly like he does. Something sneaky going on there.

Soooo many more things, but I think they have all been mentioned...

I know Karen mentioned that "Shadowfever" was probably going to be between 600-700 pages, and I am so happy with that, but I think it needs more like 1000! And I know I will still end up sitting up all night reading the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae4Highlanders View Post
    I just don't trust Rowena any farther than I could throw her though, so I might be biased. And I definitely couldn't throw her very far. .
    Do you need some help?...LOL... I am sure we could gather up a few or more Maniacs to help you "pick her up and toss her" maybe in a trash bin where shades could find her? a long distance..lol

Somewhere in the mist o' time
    a Fever rages in a Highlander "mine"~~
    Dual breath in a Druid born
    An Immortal lad of a Keltar lore~~
    Souls of the present meet the soul of past
    No canceling out of the sexy extra large Keltar lad~~
    Two of his kind, one stays behind
    in the past and in a present kin~~
    I'm trying to find A missing Keltar "Mine"
    Oh Dageus wherefor are though my friend?

I'm sort of wondering if Jack and Rainey didn't have the propechy backwards, that Alina was the one who would doom the world and not Mac?
    If it is, i also wonder if the prophecy was ment for when the BOOK escaped, instead of current day? If one of the little girls was the one who accidently let it escaped was the one to doom the world?

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyCoast View Post
    The CD's first song is: Jericho Rain, Alina has been described as sunshine, and ofcourse we know Mac is: Rainbow Girl...so I'm wondering is JZB responsible for the whole mess and was punished for it, and Mac is his only hope of redemption. Is Alina really dead? (no sunshine=no rainbow). Why does everyone (Darroc/V'lane/JZB) want Mac's willing cooperation?
    I like that...(no sunshine=no rainbow). HMMMMM....

Quote Originally Posted by aprilssix View Post
    I like that...(no sunshine=no rainbow). HMMMMM....
    But if the names where changed and Mac really is Alina.....then she is the sunshine.....

LOL.. wow all that "rain" in Dublin and you still get a "sunshine" and "rainbow" there...But that is how a rainbow forms...(i think) if the sun is shining threw the rain, a rainbow is not far behind.....

Do you need some help?...LOL... I am sure we could gather up a few or more Maniacs to help you "pick her up and toss her" maybe in a trash bin where shades could find her? a long distance..lol
    I'll be glad for the help! Crazy old bat that she is, she deserves to get thrown about.

Another thing I think is important (or at least I want to know about!) is that Mac says in DkF that the coroner couldn't explain what he DID find in Alina. It wasn't anything to do with sex, but apparently there was something squiggy inside of Alina (not sure if they meant in a sexual locale, or in the areas that were clawed out of her). It was a very cryptic comment...although Karen has become the Queen of Cryptic!

I'll be glad for the help! Crazy old bat that she is, she deserves to get thrown about.

Another thing I think is important (or at least I want to know about!) is that Mac says in DkF that the coroner couldn't explain what he DID find in Alina. It wasn't anything to do with sex, but apparently there was something squiggy inside of Alina (not sure if they meant in a sexual locale, or in the areas that were clawed out of her). It was a very cryptic comment...although Karen has become the Queen of Cryptic!
    Do you think it could have been that it was a Fae Princess in glamour to look like Alina and when she was killed she was killed with a hallow that made the stuff they found inside her? Orshehad a gripper inher and the gripper was what was found? IDK.. I think if we new that one, it would give us a huge clue to things...

Do you think it could have been that it was a Fae Princess in glamour to look like Alina and when she was killed she was killed with a hallow that made the stuff they found inside her? Orshehad a gripper inher and the gripper was what was found? IDK.. I think if we new that one, it would give us a huge clue to things...
    I know! They would all give us a clue to things. Dang it all. I think we'd be so much better off if we all just had one clue to ANY of these things! It definitely could have been any of those things though, which is what is just killer.

+ Reply to Thread