+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things we think are important...we're just not sure why!

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Kesali View Post
    I have pages on pages in the books marked with yellow sticky notes on things that made me say hmmmm.
    I love a good mystery.
    I remember Barrons saying somewhere that Mac isn't ike him. No one is like him. He always refers to "your world" and "humans" in that way that says he most definately is not.
    Gold flecks in eyes, blood on Barrons' multiple times, his comments on killing vampires, men with animal traits- especially the use of scent (how many times does Barrons sniff Mac in the series?), superhuman strength, can leap buildings with a single bound all ads up to what? (Maybe...)
    Vampire.
    Real Vampire- not cosmetically and Unseelie for lunch enhanced vampire like Johnny Jr.
    Barrons rarely shows up at BB&B during the day, however the vamps only come out at night in vamp lore is relatively new & not tracable back to the roots of this folklore.
    Imagine a vamp with druid skills? Pretty darn-near unstoppable.
    The shades stay away from him as do just about all the other major players- LM, V'lane- why? Because he can kill them and they know it.
    And there isn't to darn much a vamp cannot kill. Why does Barrons specifically mention "buring it and stirring up the ashes " in a couple days to make sure something doesn't come back? Fire is one of the supposed ways to kill or maim a vamp.
    The one of the 8 thatwas so pale immediately made me think of a trow but I also wondered if the whole lot of them are like the Wishhounds/Devil's Dandy dogs/Wild Hunt and Barrons is the "pack" leader?
    Of course this all defys my gut belief that Barrons is the original UK and the 8 are the hounds of the sluagh- shapeshifters and ruthless .

And what was the really old power Barrons & Christian tried to call up on Halloween & Christian faultered but Barrons didn't?

So many clues....that lead in so many directions.

I honestly hope the answers are not contained in someway in the Highlander series since I never read them.
    Oh and the Pict as a definable people only were around until the 10th century yet Barrons says he is Pict and Basque- even though he admits to being born in Scotland. He's older than dirt.
    I rambled too much. Sorry.
    Nice Kesali.....It was like bells going off in my head....
    Barrons is a vamp..That would make perfect sense! Along with all of the connections you already made, (doesnt come to BB&B until night, V'lane & LM scared of him, vamp + druid training = one unstoppable creature.....), it made me think about the IYD and the end of DrF....
    What if IYD didnt work, the beast is NOT Barrons(I dont have a clue as to who or what it is...) Then what if IYD was Barrons and if she's dying he could turn her vamp...
    It would explain so much..
    -why he lives in Dublin..the weather..there are so many references to how dreary and dark it is..
    -how IYD would save Mac
    - how fast he is, how he can do things like the jump @ the warehouse
    - why he might need the book..it could end his "curse"
    - why he had blood on him so many times
    - what he was going to turn her into before she ate the Unseelie
    - MAYBE why he says that about "hating him more" (streching here)
    - again MAYBE the uncontrolable urges to kill in some of the "memories" (again streching) but think about it..if he is a vamp he's need to kill or at least drink blood to survive right?
    - why he can touch the Hallows
    - OH YEAH, when he goes to warn here off the book in her hotel, "He presed his lips to the side of my neck. I felt his tongue where my pulse fluttered, tracing my vein." Uh vamp move???
    - LM's statement to Mac when he brought her coffee..."Fae isnt the only game in town. Your illustrious benefactor taught me well."
    Ok, Im sure there are more but i cant think of all of them right now...
    I may be TOTALLY off base here but it just seemed to fit....
    Again.....thanks Kesali!!
    Last edited by Stacia; 09-18-2009 at 10:02 AM.

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by *Tara* View Post
    I see what you mean. I always thought "There was a kernel. . etc. etc. . a choice to be made." was referring to her needing to decide whether or not she was going to eat the unseelie flesh on the slab? But now it's something else?! More thinking for me?! My brain hurts!!!

I agree, though, about NEEDING to know what Barrons was considering doing to Mac to help her not die. I can't wait to find out!
    I always thought it was to turn her into a vampire. I posted why I thought this on the thread What is JZB?.

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Stacia View Post
    Nice Kesali.....It was like bells going off in my head....
    Barrons is a vamp..That would make perfect sense! Along with all of the connections you already made, (doesnt come to BB&B until night, V'lane & LM scared of him, vamp + druid training = one unstoppable creature.....), it made me think about the IYD and the end of DrF....
    What if IYD didnt work, the beast is NOT Barrons(I dont have a clue as to who or what it is...) Then what if IYD was Barrons and if she's dying he could turn her vamp...
    It would explain so much..
    -why he lives in Dublin..the weather..there are so many references to how dreary and dark it is..
    -how IYD would save Mac
    - how fast he is, how he can do things like the jump @ the warehouse
    - why he might need the book..it could end his "curse"
    - why he had blood on him so many times
    - what he was going to turn her into before she ate the Unseelie
    - MAYBE why he says that about "hating him more" (streching here)
    - again MAYBE the uncontrolable urges to kill in some of the "memories" (again streching) but think about it..if he is a vamp he's need to kill or at least drink blood to survive right?
    - why he can touch the Hallows
    - OH YEAH, when he goes to warn here off the book in her hotel, "He presed his lips to the side of my neck. I felt his tongue where my pulse fluttered, tracing my vein." Uh vamp move???
    - LM's statement to Mac when he brought her coffee..."Fae isnt the only game in town. Your illustrious benefactor taught me well."
    Ok, Im sure there are more but i cant think of all of them right now...
    I may be TOTALLY off base here but it just seemed to fit....
    Again.....thanks Kesali!!
    Not to mention that he has never entered a personal dwelling without an invite. Not even in the begining when Mac had to invite him into her hotel room. Never been it the LM house, and that is right down the street from BB&B. At the Abby they had Rowena with a knife to her throat. That could get an invite into the Abby.
    Last edited by zsasalter; 09-18-2009 at 11:46 PM.

Maniac

How does the book know Macs name and why does it seem to want her?

Maniac

Default No First Names

Quote Originally Posted by Carasia View Post
    Why doesn't Mac do her thing with the "show me what is true" whenever Barron's says, When You look at me SEE ME. I am not sure that is the exact quote but he has said it in Dreamfever and one other Fever book. What will she see?
    I am sure I have more but that's the one that's been bugging me the most. OH wait and when V'Lane calls her princess. Is that a hidden meaning?

Great thread!

My biggest question is why insist on no first names - yes it has been mentioned before that it probably is to keep their relationship "all business," [COLOR="Red"]BUT[COLOR="Black"] I think maybe JZB has casted a spell that maybe clouds (nulls) Mac's ability to perceive all the things JZB is hiding in BBB - like the silver mirror, his true apperance, and who knows what else...maybe by saying his last name over and over again she unknowingly reinforces the spell. In DF Barrrons makes her say his name (while Mac is priya) and Mac starts regaining her memories-he insists that she calls him by his first and last names, not just last, why?

Maniac

I want to know how Mac was able to identify Alina's body. Don't you normally have to go to a morgue for that? Also where is she buried?

Maniac

The body was sent back to the States and she had to identify it since her parents were gone, and since she had an autopsy it probably was at the morgue

Maniac

Is it important that the orb is the D'Jai orb and that Adam was the last prince of the D'Jai house (or line can't remember what they call it) and is that what will bring him into the last book? I remember KMM saying something about we didn't know everything about QA and Adam. Anyone else remember that?

Really good thread here, lots to think about. What I would like to know is how Mac was with The Book for more than an hour and not be consumed by it? I think that is why JZB asks her What are you?

I really want that answer!

I would like to know whats up with statements like "what are you?" from Barrons to Mac..
    Everything I am thinking currently revolves around major players in the game 'knowing ' what time it is and manipulating the board in all realms...
    so if Barrons has to ask what the he** she is... why doesnt he know?
    how can he NOT know??

also and I know im gonna get yelled at for this but here we go...
    lets say that the episode at the end where her and Ryodan are killing the beast
    she looks down and see the person she has helped kill and she says... NOW shes lost every thing...ok
    what if ... you ready? if that was in the Dreaming what if it was Alina?
    Im kinda in the 'the LM didnt kill alina' camp at this point (he IS working WITH barrons!!) and her body was hacked on ...looked like animals had gotten to it remember? LM wouldnt finish it messy like that .. there was a purpose there.. a clue in the how..
    so what if that was like her ultimate lesson? I think the whole book was a dream so.. I dont find this as atrocious
    as maybe I should but...
    Last edited by purplefrequency; 09-20-2009 at 09:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread