> > >
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reading books in order?

Default Reading books in order?

Does this series need to be read in order? I just finished the first book but the second book is not available on the Kindle or at our library. If they don't need to be read in order, which one should I read next? I was thinking Spell of the Highlander but want advice. :)

Question

Are the books listed on this forum section here in order? It looks like it to me, I just finished Kiss and am about to read Dark. But after that, I want to make sure I know which one to read from the beginning. I'm a stickler for reading in order and I almost didn't read Kiss because of that. But I just couldn't resist....

Just downloaded The Highlander's Touch. But it will be competing for reading time with my new House of Night book. Thanks again!

P.S. I wanted to know the same thing as dianainva...are the books listed in order here?

The main books are in order (first 7) the way they are listed. Into the Dreaming is in the anthology Tapestry (probably find it by author Lynn Kurland). That one really could be read anytime IMO.
    December was Christian-he knows naughty or nice.
    January was Grimm with his eyes of blue ice.
    Cian was November-when the Dark Glass set him free.
    Drustan in February made us think cherry tree.
    Dageus is March—Why, do you say?
    March has “Lips Appreciation” and “I’m in Control” day.
    Multiple Personalities-he was possessed by 13.
    When it comes to sacrifice-I’d say his was supreme.
    Return Borrowed Books week makes me think Gaulish Ghost.
    Yes, I would say March suits Dageus the most!

Here are the books in order:

Beyond the Highland Mist
    To Tame a Highland Warrior
    The Highlander's Touch
    Kiss of the Highlander
    The Dark Highlander
    The Immortal Highlander
    The Spell of The Highlander

Into the Dreaming (a novella)

Thank you both!

yeah. I like to read them in order. but.. I went to start over again last night. and OMG! I lost my 1st one.... EEek I know its around here somewhere. but anyhoo I just picked up 'to tame a highland warrior' again ainstead... then I'll reda teh first one when I get a chance. I know the story anyhoo and I know how grimm fit into the first one... so its nota problem.

the first time I raed the whole series... it was NO WHERE IN ORDER! gah! I was constantly like coming to little epiphinies (spell?) and like... OMG!!! thats how 'he' fits in... or 'they' and theire names make sense now! ya know... so it was like one big adventure. and by the time I was done... EVERYTHING made sense. then.... reading them in order is much more enjoyable after that!

Default Listen to Stapes

Nothing else matters.... but you MUST read

Kiss, Dark, Immortal and Spell in order. It would be a major mistake not to!!!

P.S. If you do read them before you read Touch... you will get spoilers though for Touch.... So really ... Touch then K, D, I, S.

Quote Originally Posted by DoberDawn View Post
    Nothing else matters.... but you MUST read

Kiss, Dark, Immortal and Spell in order. It would be a major mistake not to!!!
    Absolutely agreed. I read those four as completely out of order as you possibly could--Spell, Dark, Immortal, and THEN Kiss. It's not the end of the world, but I suspect I would have enjoyed Kiss a LOT more if I'd read it first. As it is, it's my least favorite of the set.

I haven't read the first three and am still debating if I will, since really the last four are the ones helpful to dissecting the Fever series.

"If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real
    than people with bodies and heartbeats."

--Richard Bach, Illusions

Quote Originally Posted by VictoriaP View Post
    I haven't read the first three and am still debating if I will, since really the last four are the ones helpful to dissecting the Fever series.
    Ok, but don't you want to read them....FOR THE HOT SCOTTISH HIGHLANDERS! Seriously, they are good books. You can't go wrong with any of Karen's books.
    Last edited by Stapes; 11-05-2009 at 05:15 PM.