> > >
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reading books in order?

Default Reading books in order?

Does this series need to be read in order? I just finished the first book but the second book is not available on the Kindle or at our library. If they don't need to be read in order, which one should I read next? I was thinking Spell of the Highlander but want advice. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Stapes View Post
    Ok, but how about reading them....FOR THE HOT SCOTTISH HIGHLANDERS! Seriously, they are good books. You can't go wrong with any of Karen's books.
    So agree with Stapes here. The Highlander series is my absolute favorite!

Ok, but don't you want to read them....FOR THE HOT SCOTTISH HIGHLANDERS! Seriously, they are good books. You can't go wrong with any of Karen's books.
    LMAO!

I do concur--Karen's books are excellent and there's a lot to be said for HOT SCOTTISH HIGHLANDERS!

The problem is like many who started with Fever and worked backwards through Karen's books, I was never a traditional romance reader--I'm from the dark side of sci-fi/fantasy. Which is probably why Kiss gave me so much trouble, because of the four, it's definitely the closest to a strict romance than a fantasy with romantic overtones. And that's why Spell was the first one I read after reading each synopsis from here on the site--it had the most story elements I was familiar with.

I downloaded and read the first three Fever books in one afternoon. Found the forum, and that was the first I learned of the other books. Amazon says I downloaded Spell on August 1st, so it took me about ten days from reading Fever to give in and try one of the Highlanders. Of course, Cian pulled me in immediately once I started that book, so I slammed through that story, then hesitated again for a day on what to choose next.

Dageus conscripted me on the 3rd and I've been stuck with him ever since. I feel a lot like Katie-lass--I'm spoiled for other men at this point.

So the two darkest Keltar have made me a little more relaxed about the genre...but heck, I don't want to fall in love with another one, those two are more than enough. Bad enough they've already made sure I'm no longer a Barrons' girl. After reading those two, Adam & Drustan were interesting enough, but competing with Dageus and Cian? No contest. LOL It sounds so incredibly stupid (hello? fictional characters!), but it's hard to muster up interest in three more guys when there's already one who monopolizes enough of your brain time that you're starting to think you've gone nuts.

Moral of the story: READ THEM IN ORDER!!!!! Better start with the first three, because there's probably someone in the later books who's going to make the rest seem like non-entities; Karen only gets better as a writer. You'll enjoy the early books more if you get to them before one of the later boys gets to you.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go consult with a therapist on how a grown adult in an excellent marriage can be haunted by an imaginary HOT SCOTTISH HIGHLANDER.....

"If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real
    than people with bodies and heartbeats."

--Richard Bach, Illusions

Default Bulletin!!

Karen's HOT SCOTTISH HIGHLANDERS POSSIBLY EVEN HOTTER on audiobooks!

Just saying...some of you that are new to the forum might not be aware of the Highlander audiobooks narrated by the talented Phil Gigante--he also did the male voices in Dreamfever, with the talented Natalie Ross doing the women's voices.

Check audiobookstand.com and search for Karen Marie Moning to listen to samples.
    December was Christian-he knows naughty or nice.
    January was Grimm with his eyes of blue ice.
    Cian was November-when the Dark Glass set him free.
    Drustan in February made us think cherry tree.
    Dageus is March—Why, do you say?
    March has “Lips Appreciation” and “I’m in Control” day.
    Multiple Personalities-he was possessed by 13.
    When it comes to sacrifice-I’d say his was supreme.
    Return Borrowed Books week makes me think Gaulish Ghost.
    Yes, I would say March suits Dageus the most!

Maniac

Default Adam

Quote Originally Posted by VictoriaP View Post
    Absolutely agreed. I read those four as completely out of order as you possibly could--Spell, Dark, Immortal, and THEN Kiss. It's not the end of the world, but I suspect I would have enjoyed Kiss a LOT more if I'd read it first. As it is, it's my least favorite of the set.

I haven't read the first three and am still debating if I will, since really the last four are the ones helpful to dissecting the Fever series.
    If you're at all interested in Adam, you really should read Touch. Even though it's nominally Circenn's story, it provides important (I think) information about Adam and the Fae. Not necessary, of course, but interesting nevertheless.

I think reading The Immortal Highlander sometime after having read Beyond the Highland Mist is quite satisfying. Something about Adam having the tables turned on him like karma for his shenanigans, and not being able to do anything about it.

I also never really read romance novels before these, and I picked them up because I was looking for something to read while I was waiting to get my hands on FaeFever. I really didnt read anything in order... I kind of like it that way because you get pieces of a puzzle, and then in the end it all comes crashing together.

You can't go wrong with any of Karen's books.
    Totaly, Totaly 100 % agree!

Somewhere in the mist o' time
    a Fever rages in a Highlander "mine"~~
    Dual breath in a Druid born
    An Immortal lad of a Keltar lore~~
    Souls of the present meet the soul of past
    No canceling out of the sexy extra large Keltar lad~~
    Two of his kind, one stays behind
    in the past and in a present kin~~
    I'm trying to find A missing Keltar "Mine"
    Oh Dageus wherefor are though my friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Ainethedragon View Post
    I really didnt read anything in order... I kind of like it that way because you get pieces of a puzzle, and then in the end it all comes crashing together.
    You know, I love this image. What a great way to look at it for those who didn't read them "correctly"!

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by JosieGirl71 View Post
    Thanks so much everyone! I wish To Tame a Highlander was available to me but it's not so on to the next one. Too bad because I really like Grimm. Might have to check out the used book store. :)
    I just finished reading it.. i could lend it to you if you'd like. I dont mind sending it to you. I found it at borders used for $4.00 and its in perfect condition. so you could try there as well