> > >
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: The "Lady Lies" total number of chapters/Answered

shameless hussy maniac ScotIrishlass's Avatar

Question The "Lady Lies" total number of chapters/Answered

Hi Karen,

Can you tell us (all your crazy, obsessed, maniac fans) the total number of chapters in "The Lady Lies"? PLEASE!
    YOU THINK YOU HAVE PROBLEMS, I'M IN LOVE WITH A FICTIONAL CHARACTER

OMG! good question! i scoured the whole site and i didn't even notice!

by VP--she freakin rocks!

I just did a post about this, and am re-posting it here as well:

As many of you have noticed, the new site doesn't contain the chapters of The Lady Lies. I'm sorry to have left you hanging but after much consideration, I've agreed to let it be published. For nearly a year, I've been getting emails from readers who are upset at the format Ive been posting it in because they want it on their kindle, nook or other e-reader, or they prefer an actual physical copy in their hands and feel it's not fair for me to decide whether I think it's good enough for them to have that way.

The unfortunate truth is that I don't have the distribution capabilities of a publishing house. I can't get it out there to readers in all the formats they want it in. I need a publisher for that. The only option I have to meet all the demand is to let it go to press.

My apologies to those of you who wish I would just post the entire book for free. The best I can do is tell you that it will be available at some point (hopefully in the not-too distant future) in its entirety, with a forward from me and a bit of re-writing. Think of the chapters previously posted as a lengthy teaser... although that is never what I intended for it to be. I was merely poking gentle fun at myself, with the first complete novel I wrote fifteen years ago. The response was much greater and much more demanding than Id ever imagined.

You guys know how much I love you! Im doing all I can to meet reader demand in the best way possible.

OMG!!!! Hooooray!!! Thank YOU!!! 100x Thank YOU!!!
    This is a pic. of my step-dtr. that I think is Mac like.

Quote Originally Posted by delmi View Post
    OMG!!!! Hooooray!!! Thank YOU!!! 100x Thank YOU!!!
    agreed!

Maniac

After you get settled down,,Just do the Lady Lies from start to finish,,,,,there are so many of us that would like ti read the whole book,,you would be amazed,,,,,,can't wait for Shadow Fever,,,,Have all of Highlander and Fever Books,,,The Lady Lies would be something in between your next Series (if you sttart on that is),,,Would be one of the first to go buy,,,LOL

Maniac

Default Lady lies

Could you let us know when you post it so we can read it and publish it in time so later, we can buy it too.
    Leaving us hanging is excruciating.

I OTE=Karen Marie;557460]I just posted this at my facebook account...

The Lady Lies was completed fifteen years ago. It may be a month or more before I get around to getting the next chapter typed in, if then. I'm deep into Shadowfever right now and add the chapters as I have a little extra time (which is rare, especially if I'm going to pop in every now and then, but I was sick recently, couch-bound, and incapable of much more than grunt work so I got a bunch loaded.) No, I'm not sending it to Leiha to type, LOL. I don't change the story or text but I proof as I type and there have been a few parts that need it. I am beginning to think perhaps I should stop at Chapter 11, and when I get Shadowfever wrapped up, type the entire remainder, and launch the last half at one time, or offer it all as a PDF, which I may end up doing because I can't keep up with the demand. The first 11 chapters are roughly 47,000 words. The last half is another 45,000 so it's approximately a 92,000 word novel which is usually 350-370 pages in mass market paperback. Sorry I can't keep up with everything!

What I didn't say at Facebook is that there's been some interest in me tweaking it some and releasing it as an ebook. I have no idea what I want to do with it and now's not the time for me to make a decision. I need to see Mac through, and continue hammering away at some troublesome medical issues for the time being.

The bottom line is, I don't know when another chapter will go up. I didn't start this to torture you guys, I promise! And I'm deeply delighted (albeit a little perplexed:) that you want more. I honestly thought it would slip under the radar for the most part. The story drives me nuts.

So make your voice heard either here of via email as so many of you have been doing. Tell me:

1. Do you want me to spend a few weeks when I'm done with Shadowfever, tweaking and polishing it and make it available as an ebook? I can't tell you it would be free. In order to get wide distribution that satisfies the largest number of people, you have to go through a distributer (as I've recently found out trying to get BloodRush on iTunes. Lot's of headachy details when trying to bring a product to mass public consumption as an individual. I guess that's why writers have publishers:)

2. Do you want me to do that and try to make it available as a print edition?

3. Do you want me just to finish typing it in, as is, when SF is done, and post it at my blog?[/QUOTE]

Maniac

Please post it and let us know. But also publish it. However, i can't wait a year or more..... I need to know how Rafe outsmarts th Marquis.

Ok Shadowfever is finished!! WooHoo, can't wait to read it, but I still want to finish The Lady Lies!! Are you going to have time to finish it for us!!?? Thank you for ALL your wonderful books I so love them!! Vikki

Aw I didn't see the answer to my question before I posted! Thanks so much I will gladly pay for the book as I do like to go back and reread the ones I love and I was running out of ink and printer paper!! LOl. I prefer reading on the couch or in bed it is much more comfortable than sitting at the computer. Thank you : } Vikki

i cant wait either sorry to keep bugging but any new news on it
    Proud member of the SSMKA!