+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help! Need Cat Advice!

Hybrid View

Default Help! Need Cat Advice!

My DD's horse trainer (the one who has been training her since she was three) recently moved out of state. We decided to move barns, and at the new barn, they have.....CATS!!!! The old barn had Jack Russells, not cats.

I have nothing against cats, only I have been highly allergic to them my whole life (but thankfully not allergic to horses or dogs).

Anyway there is a cat at the new barn named Lewis. He stalks me, and I do not understand his behavior at all. He leaps in front of me and follows me everywhere. He walks in between me legs as I am walking between the stalls as if he wants me to pick him up. And when I am sitting on the bench outside watching my DD's riding lesson, he always leaps in my lap and tries to put his head under my hand. Then he does this weird thing with his paws on my legs where he sort of kneads my legs with his paws/claws!!! Then he sits in my lap!!!!! What is wrong with this cat? He will not leave me alone!!!!

If I stand up to get rid of him, he jumps on the railing and waits until I sit down, and he starts the whole ritual again. I am scared of this cat!!! I had to use my inhaler yesterday, too, because of Lewis the Stalker!!!!

What should I do. ladies, and what the heck is wrong with this crazy cat????

This lovely siggy of His Hotness (who is Mac's friend, btw....)
    was created by the verra talented Viking Princess!
    *blog*

Em.... I think he likes you!! I have a cat that does that! My mum calls her when I get home to tell her that her mommy is home.

Sounds like he really likes you, I don't know what you can do to discourage him though, especially since you're allergic to him!

Sorry I realise this is little help to you!
    Last edited by mandy; 11-12-2009 at 07:58 AM.

Mandy xxx

Thank you to the one and only VP

Maniac

Default How to discourage a loving Kittie

Get yourself a squirt gun and use it to deture his advances. He wants loving, is rubbing his scent on you with his glands as he goes between your feet, is getting comfortable on your lap by "pampering" with his claws, goes for your hand because he wants to be pet.
    Somehow some cats can "tell" if you are allergic or not a "cat person" and it is their basic need to change you!

Maniac Housekeeper of 3Bs Sky28's Avatar

Yes, Jill, Mandy is right. The cat likes you. Maybe especially because you try to ignore him.
    If you want a cat to feel safe, yawn when it is there and blink your eyes. If you do not want her directly look at her and if you want her to get the worst just blow your breath at her it is like hissing (do not forget that you are so not a seelie prince when you are trying, you can not shift away if she still likes ya, lol).
    If you want her to keep space from you try with a water pistol (but careful with her eyes).
    Maybe it could also help if you smell like orange, lemon or a bit like venegar (avoid valeriana at all costs!).
    And Jill, please do not forget that this cat is not atacking you it just shows you that it likes you so do not be mean. Good luck.

Sky is absolutely right. The cat is in love with you, and the fact that you avoid him makes you even more appealing. Cats generally don't like it when people pursue them. Think of the leg "kneading" is Lewis' way of "fluffing the pillow" he is about to lay down on. I would talk to the stable owner and explain that you are extreemly allergic. Perhaps she could put Lewis in the feed room while you are there. The squirt gun or spray bottle with water should work, just be sure that you explain why you are doing it to his owner first.

Thank you to the talented Mia for the MMPS siggy.

Sanity is overrated ShadowHeart's Avatar

Supposedly, used coffee grounds will help deter cats, but somehow, I don't see you rubbing those on as perfume!

It's a shame you are allergic.... when a cat has taken a shine to someone, it is best just to resign yourself to fact early on and let him love you up.

There is nothing on this earth more comforting then a cat's soft purr.....

Lewis is in LOOOOOOOVE!!!!!! Trip's got competition. LOL

~*Dreamer/Monique*~ Dreamer1265's Avatar

Jill, Jill....Is it not enough to have men want you you have to pull in felines too?
    love
    While reading that I was laughing and kept thinking of this book named Rejar, by Dara Joy? I think it was, I read years ago. Too funny
    His voice is deep, musical. He is beautiful. I understand why my sister wanted him. Tall, golden-skinned, there is an otherworldly eroticism to him that being made mortal by his queen did not eradicate. The scar on his face draws the eye, begs the finger to trace it, to learn the story behind it.

Poor Jill. I'm sorry you're allergic. I love cats and would be so sad not to be able to hold him. I think the best thing would be have the owner put the cat inside somewhere. He just wants you to pet and love him. The water bottle will work, but I think it's a little mean. Just MHO. I wish my cat would sit in my lap. I can pet him, but no one can hold him, and he won't sit ou you. IDK why. I've had him since he was a baby, and he's always been like this.

Maniac Housekeeper of 3Bs Sky28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHeart View Post
    It's a shame you are allergic.... when a cat has taken a shine to someone, it is best just to resign yourself to fact early on and let him love you up.

There is nothing on this earth more comforting then a cat's soft purr.....
    So true.

+ Reply to Thread