+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Pregnant

Icon21 I'm Pregnant

I just found out that i'm pregnant about an hour ago i need advice on how to get ready for my baby
    Made By The wonderful & Talented MeShelle

WOW!!

Don't freak out... you'll have lots of time to get ready and pretty soon you will be tired of everyone telling you their birthing stories! Get "What to Expect When You're Expecting" -- how far along are you?

Congrats again!

Icon21

Quote Originally Posted by Mackalena View Post
    WOW!!

Don't freak out... you'll have lots of time to get ready and pretty soon you will be tired of everyone telling you their birthing stories! Get "What to Expect When You're Expecting" -- how far along are you?

Congrats again!
    i'm not more than two weeks maybe a month but not sure exactly need to go to the doctor i took a home pregnancy test

Maniac

Wow, Congrats!

What to Expect When You're Expecting is great, like Mackalena said.

And don't believe all the stories you'll hear about people's crazy pregnancies. You'll save yourself a lot of worrying if you refer to a solid reference like What to Expect before you go off what the neighbor two doors down said or a coworker or a distant cousin says. And find out what pregnancies and births are like in your (close) family. A lot of the time you'll find the best comparisons with those who share your genes.
    "The rat symbolizes obviousness." -- Ralph Wiggum

Congrats!! I would say... don't bother with What to expect when you're expecting.. LOL It makes you scared!

Talk to people you know who have had babies, and talk to your doctor.

I take it this is your first baby :) I'm about 21 weeks pregnant myself (with #4 :D) So..

Good luck and have fun!
    ~Erika~ Mom (4 kids!), Author (ER Pierce), Blogger (Badass Book Reviews), Avid Reader of UF/PNR/Erotic Fiction

"Get your own fashion advisor."

Barrons... Killing a Fae near you...

Debbie H

The most important advice I can give you is (I'm a mom of two and a grammie of three)

Keep a happy, positive mood as much as you can

Get plenty of rest

Eat good for you food

Follow your gut instincts now and after birth

Major hugs and congratulations! Babies are wonderful gifts. They allow us to see the world through a brand new set of eyes.

As far as books, my daughter and daughter-in-law loved YOUR PREGNANCY MONTH BY MONTH

This is wonderful!

Deus nobiscum quis contra Conoga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highlanderlas View Post
    The most important advice I can give you is (I'm a mom of two and a grammie of three)

Keep a happy, positive mood as much as you can

Get plenty of rest

Eat good for you food

Follow your gut instincts now and after birth

Major hugs and congratulations! Babies are wonderful gifts. They allow us to see the world through a brand new set of eyes.

As far as books, my daughter and daughter-in-law loved YOUR PREGNANCY MONTH BY MONTH
    thats the advice i followed! when i went to the doc they gave me a copy of What to Expect plus a few other goodies.
    explore ALL the ins and outs boys vs girls and the differences (its more than just indoor and outdoor plumbing lol) and yet keep an open mind that none of it based on solid fact! (we're all individuals after all!)

and if you decide to not circumcise your kid then thats is YOUR decision and dont let anyone stare you down or change your mind or quote bible scriptures or STD statistics to you i know thats getting way ahead of the game but if its a boy you will have to decide and you need to be informed and stand by your decision.

Otherwise...... just enjoy it! dont be afraid! you have an important job and its the BEST job in my opinion.

when i first found out i was pregnant the first thing i wanted to do was go out and buy a ton of baby stuff..... my husband was worried because the first term is always the scariest. i admit i was scared to death too but i was determined everything would go right and i went out and bought a crib set, diaper bag, and clothes anyway.. all of it Snoopy themed lol i still have them too!
    Last edited by Conoga; 01-28-2010 at 04:38 PM.

The Visiting nurses have classes about natural childbirth and the breathing exercises.

Breathing exercises are great even if you're not pregnant.
    You practice relaxing different parts of your body while tensing others.

I wasn't planning on natural childbirth, but took the class anyway.
    Like to be prepared for the unexpected.

And I'm one of those people that didn't have labor pains.
    Oh I went through labor with contractions, but no pain without using medication.

Stranger still is it wasn't my mother that didn't have labor pains too, but my mother-in-law. LOL.

Relax and enjoy your pregnancy. It a very exciting time. Congratulations.
    Last edited by snowstorm; 01-28-2010 at 04:38 PM.

Congratulations!!

+ Reply to Thread