+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vampires, rap and pop culture

Default Vampires, rap and pop culture

So I'm listening to the hip hop radio station in town on my way home from work, and to my everlasting amusement, the rapper Snoop Dogg has a song in which he makes a reference to vampires. The line goes:

"It's like True Blood, I sink my teeth in"
    I KID YOU NOT! Vampires have attained such popularity that they are now pop culture references "worthy" of a rap song.

HILARIOUS.

Da Mi Basia Milli

Debbie H

Very cool. True?

Mega Maniac

Default That's great!

Dear Alan Ball,

You know your TV show is a "hit" when Snoop Dogg incorporates it as a simile in a track. Congratulations. I have Jay-Z, Kanye, and Weezy lined up to get on board with this trend if you would only promise to incorporate a certain shower scene at some point in the show's run...

Sincerely,
    Esther

...sorry, I know I went a bit off topic, but I couldn't resist!
    Vic--thank you for another beautiful creation! And thanks to V'lane for letting her come up for air every once in a while to create! :)
    *Remember, please be kind to animals!*
    Peace and Love,
    Esther

I know, right! I mean, guys, I'm driving home in the pitch darkness of a midwinter night, on *poorly* plowed and unsalted roads (I'm in Dayton, and you all have heard about that storm that hit the midwest, I'm sure)....and I turn on the radio to hear this. I was so shocked I drifted out of my lane...luckily, my employer was the only place in town that stayed open besides grocery stores and gas stations, so there wasn't a lot of traffic out. But seriously. I like, ran into the house to look up the lyrics to "Gangsta Luv" to be sure I wasn't hearing things. I mean, I've got vamps on the brain; I met a guy named Edward online, and the first thing I asked was if he was a Twilight fan...he was like, "no, that's my NAME. You know, what people call you after your parents put it on your birth certificate." LOL. So I was absolutely sure for about 15 minutes that I was inventing things to rationalize my little.....obsession with the old fangy-fangy-bitey-bitey, lol.

lol! i know i was a little confused that he would reference that.

+ Reply to Thread