+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pre ordering on Wal Mart?

Default Pre ordering on Wal Mart?

Has anyone pre ordered thru Walmart's website before? I use Amazon mostly but think I will be buying my New Moon thru WM and wanted to know if the policies were similar. I see they both do the lowest price, but does WM wait to charge your card when the item ships? Just want to make sure before I order it! Thanks!!

Courtesy of The Amazing, Viking Princess

Maniac

I preordered only once and won't do it again. It was books and I realized after the fact that I would get the book faster going to the store on release day. They ship on release day and then it takes a couple of days to get here. Don't know why I didn't think of that. But sorry, I don't remember for sure when they charged. I THINK it was when I placed the order....but agian...don't remember for sure.
    There is no such thing as a normal life....there is just life and you live it.

I like the pre ordering through Amazon because I usually get books about $10-15 cheaper than the release date (hardcovers of course). The earlier you order it, the better price you get and then if they happen to list it any cheaper than the day you pre-ordered, you get that price too.

I preordered a DVD from Walmart too.. It came a full week after it was released. I could have driven 2 miles down the road and got it same day for about the same price.. Just not worth it to me.

I pre-ordered the last HP book from them. NEVER AGAIN! It was a week and a half past the release date before they shipped it. I contacted customer service, and all I got was generic resposes that had nothing to do with the questions I asked. So no. If you want to buy from Wal-Mart, I'd go to the store on the release date.

I don't mind waiting for it to get here.. I have already seen the movie and honestly I am too busy to go get it, I would much rather have it shipped to me. I am no stranger to pre-ordering (at least through Amazon) and aware of the shipping times.

My question is about their charging policy. Do they wait to charge your card when the item ships, or when you originally order it?

Thanks for all your help ladies !

I've had nothing but good experiences when I pre-ordered from Wal-Mart. I usually order my book new release from them because they are so much cheaper. Yes I can go to the store but I still can't get it for the price they offer it online for. My card is not charged until the item ships, which is always the day of release & I always opt for 2 day shipping so it gets to me quickly. Good luck, I'll be doing the same thing as you for New Moon. I've also already pre-ordered the next Sookie book, Dead in the Family. Can't wait!!!!
    Alyssa

Quote Originally Posted by Hesperia View Post
    I've had nothing but good experiences when I pre-ordered from Wal-Mart. I usually order my book new release from them because they are so much cheaper. Yes I can go to the store but I still can't get it for the price they offer it online for. My card is not charged until the item ships, which is always the day of release & I always opt for 2 day shipping so it gets to me quickly. Good luck, I'll be doing the same thing as you for New Moon. I've also already pre-ordered the next Sookie book, Dead in the Family. Can't wait!!!!
    Thanks so much!! Now to decide the WM version or the Target one?? I have preordered this and the next Sookie book on Amazon already (about a month ago, LOL) so I will have to check out WM's prices now. Thanks so much for helping me!!

+ Reply to Thread