> > >
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To the Maniacs that have been on here for at least 3 years...

Default To the Maniacs that have been on here for at least 3 years...

Do you remember the Bloodfever free samplers? It's about 47 pages, including a note from KMM, excerpt, interview w/KMM and maps of Dublin.

I decided to through all of my KMM stuff. BloodFever was due to come out. Leiha was offering these Samplers. We just had to pay for the envelope and postage. Anyway towards the back of this little pamphlet there's an interview with KMM. It doesn't say who's doing the interview, but there are 2 good questions.

Were you surprised at any point in the writing of Bloodfever -meaning did anything come up in the creative process that was not what you anticipated when you began Darkfever, the first novel in the series?

In Faefever, the third book of the series, Mac says: "Sometimes my dreams feel so real it's hard to believe they're just the subconscious's stroll across a whimsical map that has no true north. Sometimes it seems like Dreaming must be a land that really exists out there somewhere, at a concrete latitude and longitude, with it's own rules,laws, treacherous terrains and dangerous inhabitants." (She later finds out The Dreaming does, indeed, exists.)

I feel the same about the Fever world. It's so complete to me, so vividly and exactingly detailed that I think it must really exists out there somewhere. Since the story came to me in toto, there have been very few, minor surprises.

The second question:

[COLOR="Magenta"]If you could stand in a room with your heroes-the men from any of your novels-not just the Fever novels- who would you most like to interview yourself? Why? What of the women?

Men: The Unseelie King. He's rumored to be a million years old. I want to know if he's sorry.

Women: Queen Aoibheal. I want to know if she's really forgotten, or if she's just pretending.
    [/COLOR

So what do ya think of those questions and answers? I think they're very interesting and would've been nice to remember they were in this Sampler before Faefever and Dreamfever. LOL

Member 221

For the QA question. I think it is because Aoibheal is the original Seelie Queen, and that is what Karen is referring to when she asks if QA has forgotten or if she is just pretending.

You know Diana, i got one of those sampler books too...and i remember reading those passages from the interview...as with all of the rest of the stuff i have been thinking about those two stand out but i must admit i have no idea what to make of it...i just keep thinking that it a really great thing we have Karen to depend on, because i would never be able to put any of this together in any kind of order....bap
    So many books to read, so little TIME!
    Everyone NEEDS a little MAGIC!!!!!!!!!

Moning Manic #399 , Proud Member of MMPS

What I think is interesting is that the question refers to heros and heroines. I have always argued that the UK was not evil. I think this helps support it.

Why as well mention Adam only thinking he is as old as he is and that there is something very important about him that we don't know if he's not in book? I love Adam but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Jericho is UK and not Adam.

I remember this too Diana- have the sampler, remember reading these questions, and answers and thinking "Sorry for what?" Always thought it had something to do with QA, but after learning about his "love" and the silvers and what happens because of all that, I'm thinking maybe that's it. Although with the UK, I'm never sure.

Siggy by Viking Princess

Proud Member of SSMKA & MMNKBD & BDB Maidens
    Moning Maniac #74

I don't have this sampler...

I don't have the sampler either ...but I knew I had read those questions before. That interview is on the KMM website ...go here --> http://www.karenmoning.com/news/fevernote.html

VP's best yet

Default Thank you, jayzee! :0}

Quote Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
    I don't have the sampler either ...but I knew I had read those questions before. That interview is on the KMM website ...go here --> http://www.karenmoning.com/news/fevernote.html

You are welcome :)

Quote Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

I hadn't read the interview from 2003--oh yes, pre-Fever, back when the universe was all sunshine and roses and romance. And look what jumped out....

Several story ideas on the burners: an alternate universe that runs parallel to the MacKeltars, but with sorcerers, not Druids; another MacKeltar (or two); and then there's a fallen Fae who is demanding attention every bit as insistently and tenaciously as I am endeavoring to ignore him.

As if Adam wasn't difficult enough.

No freaking way, Darroc. :)

OMG--Jill's RIGHT, Darroc is going to be redeemed!

"If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real
    than people with bodies and heartbeats."

--Richard Bach, Illusions