> > >
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To the Maniacs that have been on here for at least 3 years...

Default To the Maniacs that have been on here for at least 3 years...

Do you remember the Bloodfever free samplers? It's about 47 pages, including a note from KMM, excerpt, interview w/KMM and maps of Dublin.

I decided to through all of my KMM stuff. BloodFever was due to come out. Leiha was offering these Samplers. We just had to pay for the envelope and postage. Anyway towards the back of this little pamphlet there's an interview with KMM. It doesn't say who's doing the interview, but there are 2 good questions.

Were you surprised at any point in the writing of Bloodfever -meaning did anything come up in the creative process that was not what you anticipated when you began Darkfever, the first novel in the series?

In Faefever, the third book of the series, Mac says: "Sometimes my dreams feel so real it's hard to believe they're just the subconscious's stroll across a whimsical map that has no true north. Sometimes it seems like Dreaming must be a land that really exists out there somewhere, at a concrete latitude and longitude, with it's own rules,laws, treacherous terrains and dangerous inhabitants." (She later finds out The Dreaming does, indeed, exists.)

I feel the same about the Fever world. It's so complete to me, so vividly and exactingly detailed that I think it must really exists out there somewhere. Since the story came to me in toto, there have been very few, minor surprises.

The second question:

[COLOR="Magenta"]If you could stand in a room with your heroes-the men from any of your novels-not just the Fever novels- who would you most like to interview yourself? Why? What of the women?

Men: The Unseelie King. He's rumored to be a million years old. I want to know if he's sorry.

Women: Queen Aoibheal. I want to know if she's really forgotten, or if she's just pretending.
    [/COLOR

So what do ya think of those questions and answers? I think they're very interesting and would've been nice to remember they were in this Sampler before Faefever and Dreamfever. LOL

Member 221

Quote Originally Posted by VictoriaP View Post

OMG--Jill's RIGHT, Darroc is going to be redeemed!

Doesn't mean he's going to be redeemed though just that he was annoying her

VP's best yet

Quote Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
    Cruel woman, to take hope from the bampots of the universe....

"If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real
    than people with bodies and heartbeats."

--Richard Bach, Illusions

Mega Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by LatinaLass View Post

The second question:
    If you could stand in a room with your heroes-the men from any of your novels-not just the Fever novels- who would you most like to interview yourself? Why? What of the women?

Men: The Unseelie King. He's rumored to be a million years old. I want to know if he's sorry.

YES!!

I sense some UK action in the upcoming books.

Quote Originally Posted by bap7249 View Post
    You know Diana, i got one of those sampler books too...and i remember reading those passages from the interview...as with all of the rest of the stuff i have been thinking about those two stand out but i must admit i have no idea what to make of it...i just keep thinking that it a really great thing we have Karen to depend on, because i would never be able to put any of this together in any kind of order....bap
    I know right? At the time it didn't seem as significant as it does now. I feel it's only gonna get crazier with the next series too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildernessgirl View Post
    What I think is interesting is that the question refers to heros and heroines. I have always argued that the UK was not evil. I think this helps support it.

Why as well mention Adam only thinking he is as old as he is and that there is something very important about him that we don't know if he's not in book? I love Adam but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Jericho is UK and not Adam.
    I have to agree. I don't think the UK is truly evil. We know the saying. "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions." I think that is what happened to him. He tried to find his own happiness and created what he shouldn't have (The Unseelie), and lost the one he loved most in the process.

As to Adam? I think he doesn't have anything to do with being the UK or Cruce. I feel as though he knew ALL of these "players" at one time or another. Meaning V'lane, Darroc, and JZB. Although I do feel that Cruce and JZB have a very STRONG connection.

Quote Originally Posted by *Jo* View Post

I don't have this sampler...
    Jo I'm shocked! I could have sworn you had the sampler.

Quote Originally Posted by LatinaLass View Post

Women: Queen Aoibheal. I want to know if she's really forgotten, or if she's just pretending.
    It could be about the world they destroyed together.

Somewhere in the mist o' time
    a Fever rages in a Highlander "mine"~~
    Dual breath in a Druid born
    An Immortal lad of a Keltar lore~~
    Souls of the present meet the soul of past
    No canceling out of the sexy extra large Keltar lad~~
    Two of his kind, one stays behind
    in the past and in a present kin~~
    I'm trying to find A missing Keltar "Mine"
    Oh Dageus wherefor are though my friend?

i don't understand something else about the QA statement either...i thought that the US king was envolved with the original Seelie Queen that was killed before QA took over not QA...did i miss something somewhere...can someone enlighten me...bap
    So many books to read, so little TIME!
    Everyone NEEDS a little MAGIC!!!!!!!!!

Moning Manic #399 , Proud Member of MMPS

Quote Originally Posted by bap7249 View Post
    i don't understand something else about the QA statement either...i thought that the US king was envolved with the original Seelie Queen that was killed before QA took over not QA...did i miss something somewhere...can someone enlighten me...bap
    No Bonnie, I believe you're right. QA wasn't the original Seelie Queen that would have been involved with the UK.

But Karen's questions doesn't indicate WHAT it is she's referring to. So maybe there's more info with QA than we all know cause she's supposedly forgotten it.

OMG--Jill's RIGHT, Darroc is going to be redeemed!

I hope I'm right!!!

His music choices have been a bit obnoxious of late.....

Cruel woman, to take hope from the bampots of the universe....
    Yea, what she said...Bampots of the World unite!!!

No Bonnie, I believe you're right. QA wasn't the original Seelie Queen that would have been involved with the UK.

But Karen's questions doesn't indicate WHAT it is she's referring to. So maybe there's more info with QA than we all know cause she's supposedly forgotten it.
    Adam is the Man Formerly Known as the Unseelie King, I tell ya!!! Aoibheal is *all about* Adam...she wubs him so...she is obsessed!!! I think that is what we are going to hear about Adam.....and why Darroc is sideways about Adam and his supposed not "remembering" certain things...having "selective memoriy" if you will. I suggested that His Hotness the Lord Master use his skills and make Adam a visual reminder via a scrapbook. His Hotness said he waould take it under advisement.

This lovely siggy of His Hotness (who is Mac's friend, btw....)
    was created by the verra talented Viking Princess!
    *blog*

Maniac Housekeeper of 3Bs Sky28's Avatar

Ts, this mere human is just so evil, Jill.

Default My question is ---

"Several story ideas on the burners: an alternate universe that runs parallel to the MacKeltars, but with sorcerers, not Druids; another MacKeltar (or two); and then there's a fallen Fae who is demanding attention every bit as insistently and tenaciously as I am endeavoring to ignore him.

As if Adam wasn't difficult enough.

No freaking way, Darroc. :) "

We know one is Christian, but WHO is the other one?
    Southern Faerie - Terica
    Barrons is my Barbeque Grill Master!!
    # 2292