> > >
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryodan?

Default Ryodan?

Forgive me if this has been talked about previously, but I've been wondering some things about Ryodan.

1. If Ryodan didn't know Barrons was using that name, how would he know to send O'Duffy to BB&B.

2.How in the world did O'Duffy and Ryodan connect anyway? If O'Duffy were looking for Mac, then how does freaking Ryodan figure into that?

There's the perfectly logical explanation of Ryodan saying "I don't know what the guy's name is, and don't tell him I told you, but he has a book store you might want to check out." But it all just sounds really fishy...

miss lulu
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    Forgive me if this has been talked about previously, but I've been wondering some things about Ryodan.

1. If Ryodan didn't know Barrons was using that name, how would he know to send O'Duffy to BB&B.

2.How in the world did O'Duffy and Ryodan connect anyway? If O'Duffy were looking for Mac, then how does freaking Ryodan figure into that?

There's the perfectly logical explanation of Ryodan saying "I don't know what the guy's name is, and don't tell him I told you, but he has a book store you might want to check out." But it all just sounds really fishy...
    Damn Good Questions!!! But sorry only KMM can answer you these! But I can guess, which of course I don't have answer right now.

Default Hopefully...

Hopefully Karen will answer this all in the next book. I theorize that Riyodan is a human contact, much like Fiona. Maybe someone who has connections to the MacKeltars?

Well...here is for hoping. Its a great observation though Echo.

General of the Cruce-Aid Viking Princess's Avatar

OH NO! My brain is running out of specualtion room and this just brings up so much more theorizing!

I posted this in "more thoughts" thread...

O'Duffy met with Ryoden at Chester's.
    I looked on the map and Chester's is "Chester Beatty Library"
    So all these characters have something to do with a book store or library.
    Obviously they are all looking for the book hoping whoever has it will try to sell to a bookstore or its in a Library and only Mac can sense it.
    Later we know that JB and Ryoden are fighting because JB says.. "cause he shouldnt be talking to people about me"
    They are 2 different people but definately on same motive to find the book.
    Will be interesting to see how it pans out since we now know Christian is obviously in the Library at the college.
    All these little players..lol
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\nancyspics\6583905_gal.jpgI would be HIS lamb in a city of wolves!Latest member of the SSMKA

Quote Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
    I posted this in "more thoughts" thread...

O'Duffy met with Ryoden at Chester's.
    I looked on the map and Chester's is "Chester Beatty Library"
    So all these characters have something to do with a book store or library.
    Obviously they are all looking for the book hoping whoever has it will try to sell to a bookstore or its in a Library and only Mac can sense it.
    Later we know that JB and Ryoden are fighting because JB says.. "cause he shouldnt be talking to people about me"
    They are 2 different people but definately on same motive to find the book.
    Will be interesting to see how it pans out since we now know Christian is obviously in the Library at the college.
    All these little players..lol

Ok, this still doesn't say how O'Duffy and Ryoden happen to start chatting to each other, much less about JB. You got a little more???

Default Ryodan???

where did it say that they met at Chester's?????? I must have missed that.
    CMZ

The Seelie princes know were we live, too, but it's the grown woman they're after. They hunt us in our own bodies, tracking us without mercy into the darkest corners of our libido. They seduce the Madonna; they celebrate the whore..." Mac- Faefever

Quote Originally Posted by mzapata View Post
    where did it say that they met at Chester's?????? I must have missed that.
    When O'Duffy goes to see Mac at the book store, and JB come in he asked for ID. During this conversation, O'Duffy mentions that he meet Ryodan at Chesters. Sorry don't have my books so I can't quote page numbers.

Priya! ;-) claudia celestial girl's Avatar

Great questions!

someone said:

They are 2 different people
    How do you know JZB & Ryodan are two different people? :th_anim_naughty-vi: Maybe Barrons' has a personality disorder!!! ;-) (I'm serious about that).

O'Duffy mentions that he meet Ryodan at Chesters.
    O'duffy says - there's someone over at Chester's who says he knows you, Mr. Barrons.

My quess is that O'Duffy is snooping around, and asked Ryodan about the prorpietor of BB&B, not that he got Ryodan to talk about Barrons as such, specifically. Barrons' name might not have come up at all, just his description and more about his whereabouts and personality - or his financial interests.

Remember that, in DF on, or about, the first day that Mac arrived in Dublin, she went to the Guarda, and they told her that 'our Patty's a good cop'. Also, when she opens the door for him, to start BF, and she asks O'Duffy how he found her, he said - I'm a detective, Ms Lane. (I love both of those lines!) I am willing to bet that we'll learn more about just what oDuffy discovered that changed his paradigm about Alina's murder. I think the story of oDuffy is not done. And we definitely still have to learn why ODufy started asking questions about BB&B. I wonder if BB&B is the dark hallow The Box (It's like way bigger inside than outside). See - I'm thinking that what changed ODuffy's paradigm had something to do with the building, and then he went to look up who the owner was, etc, and coulnd'lt find any mention of Barrons. I have no comment on the connection, if any, between BB&B and Chester's. But it would make sense, if ODuffy were asking questions about BB&B, that he might check with a local libary to see if they knew the owner.
    Last edited by claudia celestial girl; 11-12-2007 at 07:52 PM.

Proud member of Lore Ladies, Lallybroch Lassies, BDB Maidens, and The Zone

Yes Claudia.. It IS strange how Oduffy would have gone to Chesters FIRST before going to see BB&B. It would make sense that Ryodan and JB are not the same guy cause the fact that Oduffy implies that he met Ryodan and had a chat with him about JB. Makes you wonder what Ryodan said about JB that they got into a fight over..LOL
    Oduffy certainly started his homework about what was going on "otherworldly" wise to start sniffiing around that much more...
    Maybe Ryodan killed ODuffy?