+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ryodan?

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    Yes..... I must admit that this book made me realise how hot JB is... I didn't warm to him in Darkfever because I wasn't sure of his motives. Then here is Ryodan - someone who wants nothing from JB (as far as we know) and you get a glimpse of another side of JB - the side that makes sure Mac will be safe, if not with him then someone else that he trusts. I know he was taking him to task for talking too much, but I read warmth into their relationship nevertheless..... another facet to the inscrutable Mr Barrons....

So who killed O'Duffy? What was the motive? Isn't that what is also supposed to reveal the killer? I don't think it was JB or Ryodan, Malluce? No... he is too focussed on Mac..... Could it be Derek O'Bannion - maybe he was trying to prove something to LM? I am sure he would be capable of that.
    I didn't even think of O'Bannion!! That would make sense! Like an initiation of some sort that and the seelie tartar!

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    I didn't even think of O'Bannion!! That would make sense! Like an initiation of some sort that and the seelie tartar!
    Yes, I thought that - like proving that he could do it to get on LM's side.... It strikes me that O'Duffy was killed in a very human way.... not ripped to shreds or anything. Of course there are the other sidhe-seers who could possibly have done it, but why? What would they gain? Surely they wouldn't want anything drawing attention to them now that the Unseelie are about.....

Daria

Member of the SSMKA (U.K. branch)

I don't think JB or Ryodan had anything to do with O'Duffy dying. Could be LM or one of his cronies/rhino boys. They seem the type. LM can't get his pretty hands dirty with work that is below him-prima dona!

Default Work Ryoden over when you had the change! Woudn't you have?

I got this thought today!

Coulda shoulda woulda right.

With our tower here in hindsightville wouldn't you have really worked Ryoden over once you got him on the phone? More than Mac did anyway?

I mean he is the talker right?

Like for example "Hey arent you the one Barrons beat up the other day? He said he kicked your petunia real good." just to see if I could get him angry enough to slip. HA HA

By the way my header was meant to say Chance not Change lol
    Last edited by dreamygrril; 04-27-2009 at 11:20 PM.

I was so angry when she didn't go straight there, as soon as she came up with the thought.
    J. Nicole Wildman

Icon21 Ryodan?

On pg.17 in BF.. Inspector O'duffy was questioning Barrons and he said.. "THere's a man over at Chester's that says he know's you, Mr. Barrons. Names Ryodan. Ring a bell?" I didnt find any more mention of this "Chesters" anybody remember this..I think this is why JZB and Ryodan are scrapping later on though....
    Jericho Zigor Barrons I dont know how much longer i can wait!

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    Forgive me if this has been talked about previously, but I've been wondering some things about Ryodan.

1. If Ryodan didn't know Barrons was using that name, how would he know to send O'Duffy to BB&B.

2.How in the world did O'Duffy and Ryodan connect anyway? If O'Duffy were looking for Mac, then how does freaking Ryodan figure into that?

There's the perfectly logical explanation of Ryodan saying "I don't know what the guy's name is, and don't tell him I told you, but he has a book store you might want to check out." But it all just sounds really fishy...

I dont think ODuffy knew who owned BB&Bs, but he must have known that MacKayla was staying there. According to ODuffy he could not find any public records for BB&Bs, not an owner or any tax/business info. He might have went to surrounding businesses and simply asked about BB&Bs and its owner to see what he could dig up.

Also the name which Ryodan questions is Barrons not Jericho.
    is that what hes calling himself these days? Barrons? (4201-6 kindle)

As to who killed ODuffy??? I think there is another group in play (possibly normal humans who would have been limited to a human way to murder. And I believe Fiona is mixed up with another group of players but I also believe Fiona might have been present when the Sidhe-Seers were attacked about 20 years ago when the book was released/or stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by m3l3ana View Post
    I am re-reading DF and I am at the begining where Mac walks into BB&B and hears a lady and a man talking out back

Pg40

Now generally I would have assumed that was Barrons and I think I did the first time I read it, but I am now having second thoughts....

Pg42

So Fiona seems kind of suprised to see him there and walking in through the front door. I mean he could have gone outside and then come in through the front but that seems kind of pointless... So who was Fiona talking to?

I could have missed something in either book and pick it up while I re-read, but just thought I would point this out while I was thinking about it

Quote Originally Posted by C59100 View Post
    Was Finona spying on JZB?

In the begining of Bloodfever, Finona confronts Mac, questioning her about why JZB was at the store.
    "When she looked up from the numbers she was punching in on her cell phone...with each quick, shallow inhalation, ... as if she just dashed somewhere in a great hurry, or was suffering great distress...It's Sunday. He's not supposed to be here on Sunday..."

She might be jealous of Mac, but who was she calling?
    Had she just dashed to BB&B's because someone was watching the stroe and saw O'Duffy and JZB enter and leave?

Maniac

in BF, what i don't get is mac thinks ryodan talks too much, but when they're talking on the phone, it's like he doesn't talk ENOUGH! grr!!

I'm not new to the Fever series, but out of all the Highlander series, I have only read Immortal Highlander thus far.

I have been re-reading the Fever series in preparation before I read Dreamfever. Ryodan seems to have been around a while...the first time I recall hearing about him was in Bloodfever when Mac called IYCGM. Can someone please tell me where Ryodan was first introduced? I have searched the forum, but it seems all I find are topics where everyone knows about Ryodan's history except for me! lol

Someone was also talking about Barrons and Ryodan being really close...where are the instances of that? I barely started Faefever again, and for some reason I can't remember much from that, so if it's in there, just tell me so:)

I feel like such a n00b, but thanks in advance for helping me!

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by claudia celestial girl View Post
    Great questions!

someone said:

How do you know JZB & Ryodan are two different people? :th_anim_naughty-vi: Maybe Barrons' has a personality disorder!!! ;-) (I'm serious about that).

O'duffy says - there's someone over at Chester's who says he knows you, Mr. Barrons.

My quess is that O'Duffy is snooping around, and asked Ryodan about the prorpietor of BB&B, not that he got Ryodan to talk about Barrons as such, specifically. Barrons' name might not have come up at all, just his description and more about his whereabouts and personality - or his financial interests.

Remember that, in DF on, or about, the first day that Mac arrived in Dublin, she went to the Guarda, and they told her that 'our Patty's a good cop'. Also, when she opens the door for him, to start BF, and she asks O'Duffy how he found her, he said - I'm a detective, Ms Lane. (I love both of those lines!) I am willing to bet that we'll learn more about just what oDuffy discovered that changed his paradigm about Alina's murder. I think the story of oDuffy is not done. And we definitely still have to learn why ODufy started asking questions about BB&B. I wonder if BB&B is the dark hallow The Box (It's like way bigger inside than outside). See - I'm thinking that what changed ODuffy's paradigm had something to do with the building, and then he went to look up who the owner was, etc, and coulnd'lt find any mention of Barrons. I have no comment on the connection, if any, between BB&B and Chester's. But it would make sense, if ODuffy were asking questions about BB&B, that he might check with a local libary to see if they knew the owner.
    THAT BB&B MIGHT BE THE BOX IS SOMETHING I MENTIONED WAYYY BACK. THERE IS DEFINETLY SOMETHING ABOUT BB&B THAT NEEDS TO COME OUT. WONDERING ALSO ABOUT THE MURAL IN THE CEILING AND ALL THOSE UNLOCKRD DOORS?

+ Reply to Thread