+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 170 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you currently reading?

I finished The Earth Hums in B Flat by Mari Strachan last night, and I just started Marisa Chenery's Beowulf and Roxie. When I finish that I am reading The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon for Book Club.

No more reading until tonight because I am going back to my painting!

This lovely siggy of His Hotness (who is Mac's friend, btw....)
    was created by the verra talented Viking Princess!
    *blog*

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Girl View Post
    Just finished the first Kate Daniel's Book by Ilona Andrews.And evil PJ won't tell me if Kate and Curren get together.
    Lets just say it's a love hate relationship with alittle bit of control...lol.

I'm reading...The Guernsey Literary and Potato Pie Society.

Original by Viking Princess
    Once in awhile,
    Right in the middle of an ordinary life,
    Love gives us a fairy tale.
    ~Author Unknown

WELCOME TO MY WORLD OF RESEARCH!

I'm reading Cindy Miles for the 1st time. It's "Spirited Away" right now. I have all her books except "Into Thin Air." I cannot seem to find that book anywhere!

I am in between books and cannot decide what to start next, so I appreciate the thread.

I have The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker by Leanna Renee Hieber and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, so it will probably be one of those. I also have samples of several books on Kindle, so I could opt to get the full deal of one of those (most likely the Study Series by Maria Snyder, but Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep looks pretty interesting). I may just wait on all of these and seek comfort with KMM's Highlanders again instead. And I have promised to read the Vampire Academy series.

Wow. This might actually keep me busy for the rest of March.

Not helpful, I know. Going to look for indecisive mood icon now.
    "I was afraid you might be the stuffy literary type. Nothing against literary novels . . . but if I want to get all existential and depressed, I'll pick a fight with my husband or watch CNN."
    Gwen MacKeltar - The Dark Highlander

Jax Teller's 'Old Lady' happygirlie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leiha View Post
    I just read book two in the MacCarick brothers trilogy by Kresley Cole, If You Desire. I really enjoyed this series. I read them out of order, the third one last summer and then book one and two recently. Next up will be Pleasure of a Dark Prince by her.
    Can't go wrong with Immortals after Dark Ah, Pleasure of a Dark Prince ***le sigh***

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Girl View Post
    Just finished the first Kate Daniel's Book by Ilona Andrews.And evil PJ won't tell me if Kate and Curren get together.
    I adore these books - a very close second to Karen's Fever books. I love the interaction between Kate and Curran

I'm reading Wicked Lovely at the moment - two thirds of the way through and not really impressed to be honest All of the characters seem a bit bland and wishy washy - its just not grabbing me.

Counting down for Silver Borne and Magic Bleeds...

Jax Teller's 'Old Lady' happygirlie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pamadona View Post
    And I have promised to read the Vampire Academy series.
    Yes Madam - you did promise to read the Vampire Academy series!

Quote Originally Posted by Beware_of_Italics View Post
    I'm reading Cindy Miles for the 1st time. It's "Spirited Away" right now. I have all her books except "Into Thin Air." I cannot seem to find that book anywhere!
    So gtlad to see you've finally started Cindy Miles. Love her books. I'll check at the UBS next time I go, see if I can find you a copy of that one (I don't have it either - I borrowed).

I'm taking a break from highlanders (a short break, promise) and paranormals. Just finished Jill Shalvis's "Double Play". Yeah, the hero is a baseball player, and it's a contemp romance, easy read but I loved it. She's a great writer - I totally recommend all her books This was the first in a series - the 2nd one's out - Perfect Game - gotta get that one for sure!!

Siggy by Viking Princess

Proud Member of SSMKA & MMNKBD & BDB Maidens
    Moning Maniac #74

Quote Originally Posted by LisK View Post
    So gtlad to see you've finally started Cindy Miles. Love her books. I'll check at the UBS next time I go, see if I can find you a copy of that one (I don't have it either - I borrowed).
    That's sweet. Thanks, but don't bother. I'm gonna ask my grandma to look for it at her Half Price Books near her house. And with the stupid mailman around here, the book would likely make it to the wrong house. Happens all the time.

Someone told me to read "Into Thin Air" second, but do you all think it really matters? On her site Cindy Miles states that they're stand alone books but I don't want to regret not reading them in the correct order.

Fallen......for the second time. LOVE LOVE LOVE this book!

Michael avi by Love bug Siggy by VP ,Crazy Irish Lass,Founder of The J.A.L.U and Hunters group,I secretly wish I was Mac! ,Michael Phelps & Jensen are my other DH's Miss Fever 2008, Team Eric!

Quote Originally Posted by Beware_of_Italics View Post
    That's sweet. Thanks, but don't bother. I'm gonna ask my grandma to look for it at her Half Price Books near her house. And with the stupid mailman around here, the book would likely make it to the wrong house. Happens all the time.

Someone told me to read "Into Thin Air" second, but do you all think it really matters? On her site Cindy Miles states that they're stand alone books but I don't want to regret not reading them in the correct order.
    They are stand alone, until you get to 13 Chances, where all the characters from the previous book either show up or are mentioned. I just read them in order cause I prefer to do that, but no, I don't think it matters.

+ Reply to Thread