+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Jax Teller's 'Old Lady' happygirlie's Avatar

After not having much luck with books this week I spent today reading 'Grave Witch' by Kalayna Price on the advice of Pamadona and I couldn't put it down! I inhaled this book - it was fantastic!!!

'Grave Witch' is Urban Fantasy and reminded me of a combination of the early Anita Blake books, Kim Harrison's 'Hollows' and Patricia Briggs 'Mercy Thompson' - all of which I adore.

I thoroughly enjoyed it - thanks Pam!

Mega Maniac

I changed to "Personal Demons" by Lisa Desrochers.
    It's very good, especially if you like a fight between good guy and bad guy over the main character.

Just finished a two month perusal of Dante's Inferno...

Have moved on to current perusal of Machiavelli's 'The Prince'...

All my reading is for this blasted semester!

Therefore! My Christmas vacation is going to be devoted to a preparatory re-reading of the Fever series!!!!
    melibells.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by happygirlie View Post
    After not having much luck with books this week I spent today reading 'Grave Witch' by Kalayna Price on the advice of Pamadona and I couldn't put it down! I inhaled this book - it was fantastic!!!

'Grave Witch' is Urban Fantasy and reminded me of a combination of the early Anita Blake books, Kim Harrison's 'Hollows' and Patricia Briggs 'Mercy Thompson' - all of which I adore.

I'm so glad you liked it! Death is mine though.
    "I was afraid you might be the stuffy literary type. Nothing against literary novels . . . but if I want to get all existential and depressed, I'll pick a fight with my husband or watch CNN."
    Gwen MacKeltar - The Dark Highlander

I'm on book 3 of Jeanniene Frost's Night Huntress series, book 4 of Sherrilyn Kenyon & Dianna Love's B.A.D. series, and book 2 of Cinda Williams Chama's 7 realms series! Currently reading CWC's book - The Exiled Queen. I'm glad I stuck with it - the first book started slow, but it's good now!

The Exiled Queen is the second of four books in The Seven Realms Series. It is now available in stores.

About The Exiled Queen
    Haunted by the loss of his mother and sister, hunted by the powerful Bayar family, Han Alister makes a devil’s bargain with the clans. If they sponsor his schooling at Mystwerk Academy at Oden’s Ford, he will become their magical sell-sword against the power-hungry Wizard Council.

Han and his clan friend Fire Dancer undertake the dangerous journey south through war-torn Arden. Once in Oden’s Ford, it doesn’t take long for the smoldering feud between Han and Micah Bayar to kindle into flame. After several attempts on his life, Han knows he has to find a way to defend himself.

In the magical dream world of Aediion, Han meets the mysterious Crow, a wizard with a long-standing grudge against the Bayars. Crow offers to tutor Han in wizardry in exchange for his help. Han agrees, once again forced into a bargain he hopes he won’t regret.

Meanwhile, Han’s friends Fire Dancer and Cat Tyburn struggle with their own demons. Dancer is determined to become a clan flashcrafter, despite his charmcaster status. Cat carries a load of guilt, as the only survivor of the slaughter of the gangs in Ragmarket and Southbridge.

Resuming her disguise as gently-born Rebecca Morley, Princess Raisa ana’Marianna travels with her friend Amon Byrne and his triple of cadets to Wien House, the military academy at Oden’s Ford. There she hopes she will find both temporary sanctuary from a forced marriage and the education she needs to succeed as the next Gray Wolf queen.

Much of Raisa’s education takes place outside of the classroom. As she mingles with students of all classes from throughout the Seven Realms, she forges the kind of friendships that don’t happen amid the cut-throat politics of the Gray Wolf Court. She also struggles to deal with her attraction to Amon—an attraction he seems determined to discourage.

When Han Alister asks the girl he knows as Rebecca to tutor him, she agrees. The streetlord turned wizard with the complicated past fascinates her, and he makes it clear the interest is mutual. But Han blames Queen Marianna and the Bayars for the loss of his family. As their relationship deepens, Raisa suspects that if Han knew her true identity, he wouldn’t want anything to do with her.

Jax Teller's 'Old Lady' happygirlie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pamadona View Post
    I'm so glad you liked it! Death is mine though.
    Well, I can't complain I suppose - I nabbed Terrible

To be honest though, Falin will do - there is no bad choice!!!!!!

I'm the one with boobs !! analisa's Avatar

I finished the four Jeaniene Frost's books I had and now I'm having Bones' withdrawals ... not even Spade could take care of it ...

I started Clockwork angel (C. Clare) this afternoon while waiting for a meeting (not the most comfortable book to be carrying it around, lol, it's huge and heavy ) and I liked it so far, gonna dive in it tonight.

Beautiful art work by alicexz

Quote Originally Posted by seaellare View Post
    I'm on book 3 of Jeanniene Frost's Night Huntress series
    Didn't you just LOVE book two ??? It blowed my mind !!!

I'm gonna have to take a note on this one, cause I always seem to like your book choices !!!

Well, I can't complain I suppose - I nabbed Terrible

To be honest though, Falin will do - there is no bad choice!!!!!!
    I am perfectly willing to put myself in the middle of that triangle. I'm self-sacrificing like that.

But, ummmm, we should keep Falin on the down-low. You know if Viking Princess spots him, he'll be poached for her stable of blonds.

+ Reply to Thread