+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1693

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Quote Originally Posted by thevikingsgirl View Post
    Anybody keep track of how many books they read? Books With Bite on FB mentioned it early this year so I started a spreadsheet. I was curious how many books I'd get through in a year. counting re-reads, I'm at 42 so far. It's scary to think about how many I'd read if I didn't have homeschooled kids. lol
    If you sign up for goodreads (www.goodreads.com), it will keep track of how many books you read. It summarizes them. You can track your progress there as well as see reading orders. Although I use fictfact.com to keep track of my next books in the series' that I read/follow, goodreads comes in very handy! :)

Quote Originally Posted by analisa View Post
    Mmmm ... I was in no hurry to read the last book, based on the critics and such, but now you made me want to Jean. I'll have to buy it sooner than I had thought.
    I think some people were put off that the book is not all big, bad, ass Payne & Manny. There is a lot of V in it. I think JR had to get V to a healthy mental place so he could be the husband and brother the women in his life deserved. She had left V & Jane at a unsettled place at the end of his book, she solved that in this book. I thought it was an excellent book!! And once again, Butch crying.......made me cry for him and what he had to do. I don't think you will be sorry you read it.

Quote Originally Posted by nikki14 View Post
    I just finished John Matthew's book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

I can't remember who recommended them on this board but O-M-G! I LOVED this book! Thank you to whom ever that person was!

This has trumped Zsadist's book and is now my favourite... Completely heartbreaking in the beginning and definately difficult to read but I just loved it!

I have a new favourite brother.
    Talk about a hot-hot-HAWT brother!!!! Man, JM is on fire! He has always been in my top three brothers (Butch & Rhage other 2) . The changes he has to go through both mentally and physically because of his past is so harsh, but he does it and comes out such a worthy male. His book is so good. I really didn't like Xhex with him until his book and she was as good for him as she is. Rhev's book was very good too!!

I think I signed up for goodreads awhile back. I should use it more!

One thing I like about BDB is it doesn't have this single-minded focus on one couple. There's always a lot going on, with the brothers you've already met and with the ones you will get more from in the future. That's actually a good thing to me. It's the only reason I could get through Phury's book, because there was so much with JM, Qhuinn, and Blay, and Rhev, and Xhex, all of whom are about 1000 times more interesting than Phury.

Lover Unleashed update for thevikingsgirl: V is redeemed for me. He was doing a bit of a pity party for himself, true, but I'm now 75% through and he's worked through his sh*t.
    "I was afraid you might be the stuffy literary type. Nothing against literary novels . . . but if I want to get all existential and depressed, I'll pick a fight with my husband or watch CNN."
    Gwen MacKeltar - The Dark Highlander

Thanks for the update!!!

"Dark Enchantment" by Anya Bast. what can I say I have a weakness for dark haired librarian type in the black tower of the Unseelie court... Always fun!!

Maniac

I'm reading the Study Series by Maria V Snyder. Wow. The Poison Study was amazing and I now just started Magic Study.

I don't read anything :-(
    Finished Shadowfever yesterday and cannot imagine I ever want to read anything else Except someone has some really good tips for me ;-)

Is there anything that is at least remotely similar to the Fever series? (Btw I love books that are written in first person perspective!)

Quote Originally Posted by Keltar Lass View Post
    I don't read anything :-(
    Finished Shadowfever yesterday and cannot imagine I ever want to read anything else Except someone has some really good tips for me ;-)

Is there anything that is at least remotely similar to the Fever series? (Btw I love books that are written in first person perspective!)
    I'm really enjoying the Night Huntress series by Jeanine Frost. They're first person and have a similar feel to Fever, somehow. They're about vampires mostly, not fae.

+ Reply to Thread