+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 170 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1693

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Just finished Lynn Kurland's latest, One Magic Moment. It wS sweet and satisfying as always!

I finally finished my BDV revamp and started Lover Unleashed. I'm not very far into it but I like it so far. I also finished Eternal Kiss of Darkness, and flipped back to Eve Dallas, Conspiracy in Death.

Currently reading 'Natural Born Charmer,' by Susan Elizabeth Phillips, and listening to 'The Lucky One,' by Nicholas Sparks.
    Maniac #12, Founder of the GBOCL

siggy by Kristin (Beware of Italics)!

siggy by Mistress Dawn!

In the middle of Cherise Sinclair's new short story Welcome to the Dark Side from the Doms of Dark Haven 2 anthology. I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE her Doms

VP's best yet

I am back to reading the In Death series. I finally managed to hit a bookstore and picked up a copy of Indulgence In Death since it is finally out in paperback. Have to say I was a bit disappointed in the book. Not sure exactly why, it just felt off to me somehow, and a bit like a re-run plot wise considering the whole two friends/game playing= murder thing. (Hope that wasn't too spoilery for anyone who hasn't read the series).

Is that the most recent one? If that's the first one that's been disappointing, that's super-impressive. I can't believe how many books there are! I'm on #8 I think and I like each one better than the last, I think mostly because I get to know and love the characters and their interactions with each other more and more. Peabody is awesome. :) Anyway. I do hope if she loses her inspiration she'll stop, rather than pulling a Sookie (which is what I'm going to call it from now on when writers lose interest in their own books and start putting out garbage).

Quote Originally Posted by melissa View Post
    I am back to reading the In Death series. I finally managed to hit a bookstore and picked up a copy of Indulgence In Death since it is finally out in paperback. Have to say I was a bit disappointed in the book. Not sure exactly why, it just felt off to me somehow, and a bit like a re-run plot wise considering the whole two friends/game playing= murder thing. (Hope that wasn't too spoilery for anyone who hasn't read the series).
    It was a bit...but I was so glad at the time to have a new dose of Roarke, I just didn't care. LOL

IIRC--I was ticked at where it ended, because it didn't include the get together with all the friends that's a minor subplot through the whole damn book. That scene is in the novella that was released a few weeks later. Sneaky way to get me to buy the anthology (as if I wouldn't anyway), and a little annoying.

But again, it's Roarke, and I find I'm willing to cut Ms. Roberts more than a little slack on plots and such so long as I get my minimum two new doses a year to ease my Roarke jonesing.

"If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real
    than people with bodies and heartbeats."

--Richard Bach, Illusions

Roarke is definitely awesome, no doubt about that.

Quote Originally Posted by VictoriaP View Post
    It was a bit...but I was so glad at the time to have a new dose of Roarke, I just didn't care. LOL

IIRC--I was ticked at where it ended, because it didn't include the get together with all the friends that's a minor subplot through the whole damn book. That scene is in the novella that was released a few weeks later. Sneaky way to get me to buy the anthology (as if I wouldn't anyway), and a little annoying.

But again, it's Roarke, and I find I'm willing to cut Ms. Roberts more than a little slack on plots and such so long as I get my minimum two new doses a year to ease my Roarke jonesing.
    Well, it wasn't just the re-run plot that bothered me, there was something about the play between Eve and Roarke that I found off. I may have to re-read it to see what the deal was, could have just been the mood I was in or something.

@thevikingsgirl - no this isn't the newest one. Indulgence was released in hard cover in November, 2010, but just came out in paperback. Since I have been reading them almost since they started coming out, my books are in paperback so I don't purchase them until then, plus I live hours from the nearest bookstore and refuse to pay shipping charges, so that delays things I don't read in ebook also. Treachery In Death is the newest release and it came out in hard cover in February.

The series as a whole is fabulous. There have been a couple of books that I like less than others, but none that I think feel as though Robb is no longer invested in the series. The only one I really specifically disliked was Salvation In Death; overall it was a good story, but as a born and raised Catholic (and one who has a brother who is a priest), I had very specific objections to the storyline - not because I didn't believe it could actually happen, but because there were basic flaws in the research about the Catholic Church that made the story implausible to me.

Currently reading Shadowfever! I just finished Dreamfever today, and thank goodness I picked up Shadowfever at the same time or else I was going to die waiting!

+ Reply to Thread