+ Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 170 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1693

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Unseelie King's Plaything HaloDenied's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KJTVH View Post
    That's part of her Legend of the Four Soldiers series, right? I like pretty much anything she writes. :-)

Okay, I promised my daughter a couple of months ago that I would read The Hunger Games sometime before the movie comes out. She read the first, immediately went out and bought the next two (with her own allowance, didn't try to convince me to buy her books, wow). She's been after me to read this so she can have someone to talk to about it other than a few of her friends at school. OK, I broke down and read the first books. OMG! Why did I resist? I couldn't put the darn book down and now the brat is withholding book 2 because she hasn't finished it yet. I think she just enjoys making me crazy.

Added on Feb 18: That's it, this is a demonic changeling, NOT my kid! The brat dares to tell me that I read the first book too quickly and I need time to reflect and ponder the cliffhanger! Says to enjoy cliffhangers and the excitement they bring. Say what?! Same kid didn't want to watch part 2 of Doctor Who episode tonight for the same reason (and that's about the only TV show she watches other than Once Upon a Time). I say again, this is not my daughter, she's a little monster.
    I absolutely loved this series! My daughter handed me the Hunger Games one day, told me I would love it, and I was sucked in. I read so much faster than she does, so I think it was an evil plot. She knew I would go buy the other two, fly through them, and then she wouldn't have to spend the money on them.

~Katie
    "I was dead until you found me, though I breathed. I was sightless, though I could see. And then you came...and I was awakened." ~JR Ward, Lover Awakened

Quote Originally Posted by HaloDenied View Post
    I absolutely loved this series! My daughter handed me the Hunger Games one day, told me I would love it, and I was sucked in. I read so much faster than she does, so I think it was an evil plot. She knew I would go buy the other two, fly through them, and then she wouldn't have to spend the money on them.

~Katie
    Kids are devious! Usually my daughter talks me into buying books for her since I can never really refuse her when it comes to books. I really hesitated over reading The Hunger Games -- so rarely do books live up to their hype, and I just couldn't get in the mood to try it, despite having a lot of Maniac friends telling me I should read it, not just my daughter! My daughter likes to read, but she doesn't read for long at a time, likes to go slowly and 'let the story sink in'. (Just the opposite of me -- i practically inhale books.) So, having her beg me to read it so she could talk about it finally made me give in. I was so surprised at how good it is! Well-written, too, not just a great story and some interesting characters. I haven't been book-obsessed over a YA novel in ages, can't get it out of my mind. And yup, already had a HG dream -- dreamt I was in a forest and there were lots of little silver parachutes falling down from the sky, lol.

Talking The Night Circus

Quote Originally Posted by Leiha View Post
    I just read book two in the MacCarick brothers trilogy by Kresley Cole, If You Desire. I really enjoyed this series. I read them out of order, the third one last summer and then book one and two recently. Next up will be Pleasure of a Dark Prince by her.
    I love LoVe LOVE Kresley Cole!!!
    She's my #1 favorite author . . . closely followed by KMM (which is probably some sacrilegious sin saying that here) but her IAD series is pure awesomeness and her books are great to re-read over and over and over again!

BUT - Currently I'm reading The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

I broke down and bought the ebook version of The Hunger Games trilogy...gah, I'm pathetic and predictable...

The MacCarrick Brothers trilogy is the first Kresley Cole books I read -- loved them! Had a hard time started the IAD because it was sooo different, wasn't what I expected from her! But the IAD is in my top 5 fave series and KC is my top 5 fave authors! I frequently recommend all of her novels to others.

I love Kresley Cole too! The MacCarrick Brothers trilogy was very good but her IAD series is 100% awesome! My top 3 fav authors :)

I'm reading again the Lord of the Rings trilogy (or sort of a trilogy), I also started on the Devil may cry by Sherrilyn Kenyon but I have a hard time going on, I don't really like that book.
    "I miss you. I miss you so f***ing bad it hurts. But I don't know how to find you even though you're right in front of me" Blay & Qhuinn

"I was dead until you found me, though I breathed. I was sightless, though I could see. And then you came...and I was awakened" Z. to Bella

"One day you will kiss a man you can't breathe without, and find that breath is of little consequence." JZB

"I'm saying that I'm a moody, insecure, narrow-minded, jealous, borderline homicidal b*tch, and I want you to promise me that you're okay with that, because it's who I am, and you're what I need." Cat

Maniac

I just started the Melissa Mayhue Highlander series. Thirty Nights with a Higland Husband. Someone recommended it to me. I do hope its good...i know its NO Monings Higlanders but hey gotta venture out there! :) I love me some Highlanders!!
    "There is a stubborness about me that can never bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me."
    -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Just started Evermine by Hailey Edwards (aka Achaius here on the boards). I *heart* mah Haileh!

VP's best yet

Maniac

Cool The Night Circus

I read The Night Circus and I really enjoyed it, very much. It was very colorful for being 'black & white'. Enjoy the read.

I'm on Voyager, book 3, in the Outlander series from Diana Gabaladon.

Quote Originally Posted by Panola View Post

BUT - Currently I'm reading The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked 1 View Post
    I read The Night Circus and I really enjoyed it, very much. It was very colorful for being 'black & white'. Enjoy the read.
    After finishing The Night Circus, I wasn't completely sure about it, but I have to say, it is one of the books that I've recently read that I still think about a lot. That it stays in my head tells me it was a really good one :) I may re-read it when I have nothing jumping out at me to be read (yeah, right - like that will ever happen!).

I'm reading His Dark Bond by Anne Marsh. It's the 2nd in her "Fallen" series. The first one was pretty good, I'm hoping it was just a lot of world building and such, and that this one will be better! I've just started it, about 10% in so far.

Quote Originally Posted by seaellare View Post
    I'm reading His Dark Bond by Anne Marsh. It's the 2nd in her "Fallen" series. The first one was pretty good, I'm hoping it was just a lot of world building and such, and that this one will be better! I've just started it, about 10% in so far.
    Oh, good to know that it is a second book! I got His Dark Bond a while ago as a free ebook special, but haven't read it. Will have to find the first one to read first.

+ Reply to Thread