+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1693

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Maniac

I just finished John Matthew's book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

I can't remember who recommended them on this board but O-M-G! I LOVED this book! Thank you to whom ever that person was!

This has trumped Zsadist's book and is now my favourite... Completely heartbreaking in the beginning and definately difficult to read but I just loved it!

I have a new favourite brother.

Maniac

OMG no!

I really don't want to start hating V. This is making me scared to read Lover Unleashed.

Quote Originally Posted by nikki14 View Post
    OMG no!

I really don't want to start hating V. This is making me scared to read Lover Unleashed.
    It isn't enough to hate V just to be a bit disappointed.

I've found more steampunk--Steam & Sorcery by Cindy Spencer Pape
    "I was afraid you might be the stuffy literary type. Nothing against literary novels . . . but if I want to get all existential and depressed, I'll pick a fight with my husband or watch CNN."
    Gwen MacKeltar - The Dark Highlander

Jax Teller's 'Old Lady' happygirlie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
    Reading: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
    I tore through the first three books over the last couple of days and loved them, but the reviews for this one have me a bit hesitant...I don't know if I should quit while I'm ahead...

Maniac

Melissa Mayhue has a highlander series that is AMAZING! Not Karen Moning of course But definitely a great read! There are like 7 books in the series I believe! Maybe more I haven't read them all yet! you should definitely give them a try! I started with The Highlanders Destiny. Then just kept searching them out! As I said, No Karen Moning but definitely worthy of a once around read!

Quote Originally Posted by nikki14 View Post
    I just finished John Matthew's book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

I can't remember who recommended them on this board but O-M-G! I LOVED this book! Thank you to whom ever that person was!

This has trumped Zsadist's book and is now my favourite... Completely heartbreaking in the beginning and definately difficult to read but I just loved it!

I have a new favourite brother.
    I'm almost halfway through with Lover Mine. I am liking JM also - such a good guy! So far, he hasn't beaten out Z for me, but the potential is there!

I am now reading Lover Unleashed, halfway through. I concur with a lot of the previous comments. The whole thing has a very transitional feel. Lots of subplots, so much so that if I didn't know it was supposed to be Payne's book, I would have no idea who the main character was supposed to be. She certainly hasn't been central so far, V has. I can see why people are somewhat disappointed with him in this book. He comes off a lot less V, a lot more Phury. In fact, I feel like I've read this before. V & Butch are going the Z & Phury route. Manny & Payne are going the Butch & Melissa route. I have the sneaking suspicion that Butch's daddy got around quite a bit--guess I'll find out soon. If I don't have to take a break, that is. The "Ward-isms" are getting to me, true?

Oh nooooooooo. I don't want V to be anything like Phury, the only brother who doesn't appeal to me AT ALL. *sniff* I still haven't started it yet. Still have to do my Lover Avenged & Lover Mine revamps. I'm listening to the Spell of the Highlander, almost finished now. Cian has not been ANY competition for Daegus, who was already by far my fave highlander and this book only makes me like him more.

I'm reading the 3rd Night Huntress book now, having just finished the 3rd In Death. Anybody keep track of how many books they read? Books With Bite on FB mentioned it early this year so I started a spreadsheet. I was curious how many books I'd get through in a year. counting re-reads, I'm at 42 so far. It's scary to think about how many I'd read if I didn't have homeschooled kids. lol

I am usually a one-book-at-a-timer but I'm finding that I can't put down In Death for more than a short time. Buuuttt...I have been anxiously awaiting Tangled Threads, book 4 of the Elemental Assassins series by Jennifer Estep. Guess I will do a twofer.

+ Reply to Thread