+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Twilight people scare me

Default Twilight people scare me

so twilight comes out saturday.... or friday. whatever. not really interested. but i have a 14 year old sister so i HAVE to know these things. my parents celebrate their 22nd aniversary this weekend, so Charlene (my 14 year old bratty (which is a matter of opinion, but commonly shared at my moms) sister) wants to have a twilight release party. i'm babysitting so my parents asked if i was ok with it and then bringing them at midnight to get the movie at Borders. i said yeah sure. that was saturday. its tuesday. and i am terrified. they started planning imediately. and because my parents spoiled the baby (charlene) there is no real spending limit. so they were planning today. and i made the mistake of mentioning that i didnt like twilight.... boy was that the worst thing to do in a crowded room of teenagers. good grief. first off, i dont know if yall heard of the 95 reasons twilight sucks, but i got it a few months ago and must agree with everything. i just dont like the books. sorry. sue me. but please dont mob me.
    almost instantly after the words left my mouth, i realized that i had messed up. the decorating had begun, to the cast of twilight got to watch as my sisters friends used all of my mothers household items to beat me down and then went even crazier and beat me in the head with the book. the fourth one. you know, the one that weigh about three pounds. i got hit with my moms choppy blendy thing first. and then someone threw a glass mug at me, which i dodged. then a softball, which ill blame my brother for leaving his crap around. that hurt. i have a bruise the exact shape of a ball somewhere around where my spleen is. they really attacked me!!!! no joke! but ill be fair, i didnt exactly word it like "i dont like twilight". it was more along the lines of "twilight is a worthless waste of time. its not even good enough to wipe my a** with. its totally at conflict with itself. she ugly, but everyone likes her. hes a good guy, but hes an a**. its a stupid book. you guys should try, like, artimis foul or something. heck id be happy if you'd read harry potter." and then i started on the movie. this really got their attention. and then suddenly i realized that i was standing in a crowded room of obsessed teenagers, and there were sharp objects. im just glad they didnt find the knives. sad part? a girl in my psych 101 class was there with her little sister. and she attacked me too.
    sorry, but twilight people scare me.
    and at the risk of bodily harm, i really hate those books. please do not hunt me down. i have student loans out.

*pokes Picture* muh fancy, aint he a cutie?

So, you're totally not alone in that. I've read the books, I've seen the movies, I still don't like them. I have valid reasons for not liking them. I keep them to myself cause I don't like to rain on anyone's parade, but you're so not alone.
    "I love you, Sara. In unguarded moments." - Ian Nottingham, Witchblade tv series

"Language is a labyrinth. A hall of mirrors we can easily get lost in."
    - Kenneth Irons, Witchblade, tv series

O_o I think that's grounds for juvenile hall, dude. Or at least riot gear. *shudder* In your place I'd send all of them twilight greeting cards with "Edward is a ponce loser" written in big red block letters over his face.

Then possibly move to Greenland and change my name...

THANK YOU!
    i feel bad, but im a very opinionated person, and i really didnt think id actually get hurt, but there were people like that in college. and its not even that great of a book. i really dont understand why they would fight practically to the death to defend a book. i mean i love reading and stuff, but i know everyone has an opinion.
    my mother came home and looked at the mess, and the small cut i have from there the cutty blendy thing hit me in the head. all she said was "Vee, please learn to shut up before i have to identify your body at the mourgue." very supportive. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by veecelina View Post
    THANK YOU!
    i feel bad, but im a very opinionated person, and i really didnt think id actually get hurt, but there were people like that in college. and its not even that great of a book. i really dont understand why they would fight practically to the death to defend a book. i mean i love reading and stuff, but i know everyone has an opinion.
    my mother came home and looked at the mess, and the small cut i have from there the cutty blendy thing hit me in the head. all she said was "Vee, please learn to shut up before i have to identify your body at the mourgue." very supportive. lol.
    That's all she had to say?? No punishment for the brats who did this to you??

I agree that's it?!
    If I ever did anything like that, my mother and father would have been like okay no you don't get to go to the party AND you're grounded AND I'd not get the movie for a few weeks.

And I don't like Twilight much. Either.

Are you okay though? (Heck, if I were you, I wouldn't drive them)

Michael avi by Love bug Siggy by VP ,Crazy Irish Lass,Founder of The J.A.L.U and Hunters group,I secretly wish I was Mac! ,Michael Phelps & Jensen are my other DH's Miss Fever 2008, Team Eric!

my moms a doctor and my dad works offshore. i had one of "those" childhoods. lol. she made them clean up the mess, and i got out of babysitting the party cause she was worried for my health. but shes one of those liberated people, which is where i get it, cause she wont punish any of us for our opinions... unless they get us arrested or something.... which is where me and her part ways in our agreement. lol.

it wasnt a big deal, cause im considered the... well the bad egg. so long as they havent been arrested yet, theyre good in my moms book. but shes a good mom and what not. and she sorta saw it as a joke. until she saw the bruise. then she said Ronnie could drive them. to me it was worth the bruises to get out of it! thank god. last year the release thing was horrible! two hours, on my feet, at midnight. and then i had class the next day. and work at eight. but i promised. now im kinda stingy with my kindness when it comes to little sisters.

I've never read the books, thought the first movie was okay, I really couldn't stop laughing for most of it. Haven't seen the second one, only interested in it because I have a thing for werewolves-ish things.

To be fair, you could've said it in a nicer way. It's one thing to say you don't like something, it's another to out right it insult to a room full of people who are actually fans. Of course you knew that.

Still, you didn't deserve to be beaten and mobbed. CRAZY... is what I'm thinking. She should've been grounded. Not being punish for you opinion is fine, I don't think anyone should, but come on...physical violence is never okay.

I personally love the The Twilight Saga however, I don't think that it's the best piece of fiction ever written. I also understand that it is not for everyone and that if you don't like it then you are entitled to your opinion. The behavior of the teens, IMHO, is why so many people feel turned off to Twilight. They think that everyone who likes it are crazed & obsessed. I'll be the first to admit that I went to the movies everday of New Moon opening weekend to watch the movie, but I'm certainly not going to physically attack someone because we have a difference of opinion

And yes I'll be standing in line to buy my copy of the New Moon DVD @ 12:01am on 3/20/10 along with everyone else in this town, LOL.
    Alyssa

+ Reply to Thread