> > >

Thread: How many types of Druids are there?

Default How many types of Druids are there?

How many types of Druids are there? I assumed the only Druids where human type, but the more i reread the more i think there are several types. Would this make a differenct to the Stories?

QA destroyed the DRUID sect of the Draghar. (where the Draghar human?) If not human, what?

But then it says the Tuatha De' Danaan tought the more promising humans in DRUID ways. (here is the human Druids)

The human DRUID warred among themselves. Thirteen of them turned dark. The TDD punished the 13 by casting them into a place between dimensions, locking their immortal souls in an eternal prison. (so now i am confused here, it says these 13 are human, are they not the 13 from the Draghar sect?)

They then chosen selected noble blood line, the Keltars, to uphold the compact. After being selected and tought, they moved to ireland. So where did they origanally come from? Are Keltars human mixed with something else?

So if the warring Druids where punished, scattered all over and the dark 13 imprisoned, where do the Keltar DRUIDS come from? It says they are a selected noble blood line, from where?

Are all DRUIDS human?
    Where the Draghar human?
    Are there 2 sets of 13 evil?

Maybe i am just reading it all wrong, i don't know. Can someone help?

Somewhere in the mist o' time
    a Fever rages in a Highlander "mine"~~
    Dual breath in a Druid born
    An Immortal lad of a Keltar lore~~
    Souls of the present meet the soul of past
    No canceling out of the sexy extra large Keltar lad~~
    Two of his kind, one stays behind
    in the past and in a present kin~~
    I'm trying to find A missing Keltar "Mine"
    Oh Dageus wherefor are though my friend?

Quote Originally Posted by aprilssix View Post
    How many types of Druids are there? I assumed the only Druids where human type, but the more i reread the more i think there are several types. Would this make a differenct to the Stories?

QA destroyed the DRUID sect of the Draghar. (where the Draghar human?) If not human, what?

But then it says the Tuatha De' Danaan tought the more promising humans in DRUID ways. (here is the human Druids)
    They were human.

The human DRUID warred among themselves. Thirteen of them turned dark. The TDD punished the 13 by casting them into a place between dimensions, locking their immortal souls in an eternal prison. (so now i am confused here, it says these 13 are human, are they not the 13 from the Draghar sect?)
    Ok so here is the history lesson . I don't really feel like going straight from the book so I will give you the condensed version. The Fae obviously had been living along side us for quite awhile, but didn't really gives humans a lot of credit until QA saw that we had begun to show some sentience, so they alighted from the mist and began to live along side us.

Here is from the DH:

As both races seemed to prosper by the union in time the TDD selected and trained mortals as Druids: as lawgivers, lorekeepers, bards, seers and advisers to mortal kings. They gifted those druids with knowledge of the stars and the universe, of the sacred mathematics and the laws that governed nature, even inducting them into certain mysteries of time itself.
    But as time passed, and the Druids saw their otherworldly companions never sickening, or aging envy took root within there mortal hearts. IT festered and grew until one day Thirteen of the most Powerful Druids presented a list of requests, including among them the secret of their Longevity. They were told that Man was not ready to possess such things.
    That very day the Fae made the decision that they could no longer live in harmony beside us and withdrew from our realm. In a rage at being denied they (the Draghar) turned to ancient and forbidden God whose name had been lost to the mists of time. The Draghar began to tear apart the Realms to try and find the Fae and in the process nearly destroyed the very fabric of the universe. So too punish them QA trapped their souls in an eternal prison. Does this make sense?

As for the Keltars They were probably from the line of druids that were scattered, and since they had always chosen honor QA probably felt that she could trust them. I don't know does any of this help?

Quote Originally Posted by airbear82 View Post
    They were human.

Ok so here is the history lesson . I don't really feel like going straight from the book so I will give you the condensed version. The Fae obviously had been living along side us for quite awhile, but didn't really gives humans a lot of credit until QA saw that we had begun to show some sentience, so they alighted from the mist and began to live along side us.

Here is from the DH:

That very day the Fae made the decision that they could no longer live in harmony beside us and withdrew from our realm. In a rage at being denied they (the Draghar) turned to ancient and forbidden God whose name had been lost to the mists of time. The Draghar began to tear apart the Realms to try and find the Fae and in the process nearly destroyed the very fabric of the universe. So too punish them QA trapped their souls in an eternal prison. Does this make sense?

As for the Keltars They were probably from the line of druids that were scattered, and since they had always chosen honor QA probably felt that she could trust them. I don't know does any of this help?
    Yes thank you...

Ummm, here's a site Heirachy of Druids.
    http://www.themystica.com/mystica/ar...l_history.html

Druids = ruling, clergy class of the Celtic people
    Arch-druid = wisest or eldest rank in a particular grove or group = to a king
    ~Sacrificers = warrior class
    ~Bards = artist or trade class

Robes they wore reflected their status : gold, white, red, blue, brown/black

The Draghar must have been the Arch-druids of the Tuathe De at one point in time until they too wanted immortality.
    We are familar with the number 4 and there were supposedly 4 cities of the fae which were ruled by the arch-druids.

Now it becomes unclear of just how many arch-druids could exist within each fae city though.
    In KMM's books, thirteen became rouge = would equal the banished Draghar. One would think that the Keltars were one group that were not corrupted. Neither would be the clan that Cain MacKeltar wiped out in Spell of the Highlander.

Now for the 'White Bridge that cheats death' ~ Dageus MacKeltar travelled is where he came to be possessed by the thirteen banished/imprisoned Draghar druids. Twelve men & one woman (Celtic lore indicates women could indeed be druid priestesses).

AND my version varies from the others that already posted.

BTW~all druids are human otherwise...they'd be fae.
    In Spell of the Highlander, Cian MacKeltar describes to Jessi the difference between the magic of the fae and the druid.
    Last edited by *Jo*; 04-03-2010 at 08:24 PM.

The Keltars were not scattered with the other druids. They were immediately picked by the TDD to protect the earth.

Here's the quote from DH
    They punished the thirteen who'd turned dark by casting them inot a place between dimensions, ...
    The TDD then selected a noble bloodline, the Keltar, to use the sacred knowledge to rebuild and nurture the land. Together, they negotiated the
    Compact:
    The treaty governing cohabitation of their races. The Keltar swore many oaths to the TDD, 1st and foremost that they would never use the power of the standing stones... for personal gain or political ends.
    The TDD pledged many things in return, 1st and foremost that they would never spill the lifeblood of a mortal.
    Last edited by snowstorm; 04-04-2010 at 02:41 PM.

Thanks **JO**, thanks snowstorm!

You're very welcome aprilssix.