+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does this sound like a good idea to you?

Hybrid View

Default Does this sound like a good idea to you?

cause to me it seems redundant.
    ok i was volunteering at the high school. and KAtie goes there. shes in the GED program, which, if you arent familiar with, it where you take a class for a skill, and you take the GED test, and you get a GED, not a diploma.
    well, apparently, according to Katie, if you dont get pass this test (which is the equivilant to the eigth grade leap test) you still get to walk for graduation.
    does that make sense? you didnt pass the test, and you arent graduating, but yet... your in graduation?
    no no no.
    and im sorry, but if you spend all these years in this program, which doenst teach you anything, then, maybe, just maybe, you should put the effort into actually passing your regular classes so you can graduate with a diploma. but no.
    i know almost everyone at this school, even though i graduated years ago. i volunteer for the summer school program and when i finish with school at the end of the year, i help out in guidance or the office. and the kids in this program do not try and thats the reason they are in this program. now, why on earth would you make this program? to me, all it seems to teach them is, hey, i dont have to try. and if you graduate from this program, they give you a grant for college.

EXCUSE ME!!! i worked for four years to get a 4.0 and a scholarship. and then, i still had to take out student loans to pay for all this. and some kid that never tried a day in their life to succeed gets it all handed to them?
    now disabled kids, i understand. my younger sister has a learning disbility. and shes in what they call an alternative program, which teaches her everything a regular class would learn, but its smaller so more one on one.
    but this program?
    may i ask, WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU THINKING, school board office.
    now there has been one instance that i understand. my friend Ed moved here from California, and he was a senior, but not all of his credits would transfer. so he did it.
    he graduated after the first semester.
    thats how its done.
    not four or five years, theres even a kid who was there my freshman year, and is still there.
    this doesnt teach them anything.
    its like becuase they dont want to try, they are special and should get everything handed to them.
    i dont beleive in stupid people. just people who dont want to learn.
    but im questioning that. cause there people at the school board are retarded.
    i really cant beleive this crap.

and im sorry if i offended anyone.

*pokes Picture* muh fancy, aint he a cutie?

When I graduated highschool, I had to bust my butt to graduate with honors
    and my friends who didn't put in as much effort, didn't graduate with honors.

I've never come across a situation like that, but I do agree that some people get things handed to them on a silver platter while peeps like you and I have to work hard and still have to contend with student loans.

Speaking of unfair educational crap, I had to take more foreign language to reach my degree requirements even though I took four years of spanish in highschool
    melibells.deviantart.com

it seems like you never do enough to get where you wanna go. i have a degree in Engineering and im still in college working towards a business degree and i want my Ph.D in engineering. and even though i know what im doing, its still hard. my uncle left me his shop when he retired, but i cant put it in my name until i get a business degree, because apparently you have to have one of those to own a mechanic shop.
    when i was in high school, i took honors and AP classes, and when i got to college, i still had to take a bunch of courses that i found completely unrelated to anything that i wanted to learn, and a few covered information that i had already covered.
    and as for Katie, i can say it a million times, and ill never get tired of it.
    she needs to move to africa.
    i seriously doubt that theyre gonna let her walk in graduation when she obviously isnt graduation.

I agree with you Vee it is crap!
    I know that when I was trying to get money for college ALL the grants and scholarships where for non-white students. I even saw one that a famous and rich man had up on his web site "No whites" he said that "no whites"
    Gee thanks a lot just because I'm white I can't get the money for school? That is BS. Not to mention racist.
    And when you claim 1/2 Irish, they don't care they said I was white.

Michael avi by Love bug Siggy by VP ,Crazy Irish Lass,Founder of The J.A.L.U and Hunters group,I secretly wish I was Mac! ,Michael Phelps & Jensen are my other DH's Miss Fever 2008, Team Eric!

when my mother was trying to get into college, becuase her parents were from Cuba, she got loads of money. didnt have to pay a cent.
    thats biased. but me and my sisters all had to apply for loads of loans, because we're americans, cause both my mother and father were born in america, so they got loads of cash for being the kids of immagrants, but as a minority,whose parents are both Americans, i wouldnt have gotten nything. but my mother was a single mom for the last 23 years, so we got lucky, in a way. it would have helped if we lived in a one room shanty, and were poor. we still had alot to pay for, but we got some, small itty bitty amount of help. plus we all had college funds.

When I was in High School they allowed everyone to walk in graduation. Even if you didn't graduate from high school. If you didn't graduate after the ceremony you got a certificate of completion saying that you did go to high school you just didn't graduate.

I can remember being so terrified that I would get one of these. I was failing algebra II and no amount of studying or extra credit would help. I was the first in line at the table to get your diploma. The lady took her sweet time finding my name and handed me the paper saying "Congratulations on graduating from high school."

I almost burst into tear right there. Apparently my teacher took pity on my for being a senior and trying my hardest in class even though I was failing and he passed me. (Enough side story)

I agree with you about it not being fair. In Georgia we have the Hope Scholarship program where if you have a 3.0 you can get money for college. Originally if you had an 80 average or higher you could get Hope. I was so pissed when I graduated because even though the teacher helped me to pass algebra ii I had a 79.9 average and they refused to let me get Hope. So I totally back you about it not being fair. It's not right.
    Check out my Etsy Shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5688436

"The truth is rarely ever pure and never simple." -Oscar Wilde

"I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old, and I'm the man who's gonna save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?" - The Doctor.

+ Reply to Thread