+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 85 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Book and author recommendations

Excellent sellections you guys!

I must add one of my personal favorites...ANYTHING by David Eddings. He is pure science fiction and has characters that just wrap themselves around your heart. The Belgarian series/ Mallorean series and the Elenian series ROCK! I have read all the books so many times I had to replace them and the replacements are beginning to look worn. *blush* what can I say? I am a re-reader!
    Again...I must say...you women have excellent taste in books!!
    What a HOT siggy by MeShelle!

GO CARDS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mommaj View Post
    Excellent sellections you guys!

I must add one of my personal favorites...ANYTHING by David Eddings. He is pure science fiction and has characters that just wrap themselves around your heart. The Belgarian series/ Mallorean series and the Elenian series ROCK! I have read all the books so many times I had to replace them and the replacements are beginning to look worn. *blush* what can I say? I am a re-reader!
    Again...I must say...you women have excellent taste in books!!
    He is one of my favorites too. I am a re-reader as well. I have had to replace my Belgarian series four times now. I have to replace my Elenian series but not from reading it to much, I lent it to a friend who up and moved away with my books. Have you read his new series, I forget the name of it but the books are The Elder gods and The Younger Gods. I am not getting into this series as much as I did his other ones.
    By MeShelle

Proud Member of the SSMKA

"It's not a skirt, it's a kilt. And I look damn good in it" JD

www.FlyingPenPress.com "giving flight to great books."

www.fanstory.com/LadyAnara "My Stories and Poems"

Faelovin FangBanger Fightin-Ka-lyrra's Avatar

A little out of this vein of romance but interesting in a pseudo-science/vampire/romantical wonderful awesome amazing way.. Lynsay Sands "Argeneau" series.. they are just plain lovely.. and they have life mates.. almost like Keltar mates.. just not as amazing..teehee!
    Keltar mates ne'er come easily to their men. Some travel distancesto vast and strange to fathom, others travel but a short path, though a far distance in their hearts. Most resist every step of the way, yet for each Keltar there is but one woman who will make that journey. 'Tis up to the Keltar to claim her..

I have gotten started reading Janet Evanovich's Stephenie Plum series. it's more in the vein of mystery and comedy than romance but there are those ribs too. The two men in Steph life are hotter than hot and she can't choose between them. I have laughed my tail off at the books. Steph is always getting into crazy situations. I highly recommend these books.
    Next best thing to a highlander is a good cowboy

Thumbs up If you love a laugh

Hi there :)

If you're someone who loves a laugh & you don't mind something that's a little outside the box my second favourite author (KMM first of course) is Walter Moers and he has a FANTASTIC book called 13 1/2 lives of Captain Bluebear. Just thinking about it makes me chuckle. Long story short it's a story about a bluebear.

Proud member of MMNKBD ( !)

Sexy avatar created by VP!

Default book and author

I reccommend
    J R Ward
    Sherrilyn Kenyon
    Brenda Joyce
    Monica McCarty
    Kinley MacGregor
    Christina Dodd- darkness chosen series
    Lora Leigh
    Jean M Auel
    Lara Adrian
    Just to name a few..

Maniac

Default authors that i like

I have read most peoples post. Dont think i have seen my favorite author ( my favorite because she got me into fantasy and time travel) Lynn Kurland, she has many series' she is starting a new one that is a bit different than her usual about magic and good and evil. though for your first read i would recommend " a dance through time" think that is the first in the series that is my favorite. i like maggie shayne and hannah howell also. Shannon drake has also done a few or more fantasy ones that i have collected. But i recommend Lynn Kurland first. Good luck waiting for the next blood book. Now im off to barnes and noble got me a gift card for x-mas.... going to check out the dark series i've seen about here.

Default Favorite Authors

I have been reading ever since in was a kid and got started on Trixie Belden and Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys. These books I passed on to my neices and newphews to try and get them interested in reading. For some reason it didn't work for them and none of the ten like to read. I feel really sorry for kids that don't like to read, they are wasting their brain on video games and missing a chance to really use their imagination, learn about history from something better than text books. I have over 1600 books, and over 100 authors that I like some or all of their books. Obviously, I am not going to list all of them, but I must say that I feel guilty for leaving them off. There are 21 authors that I try to collect everything they write and they are:
    Karen Marie Moning--everything(1st favorite author, only one of two, that I ever re-read their books)
    Lynn Kurland--everything (2nd favorite author, she is the 2nd that I re-read)
    Christina Skye--Draycott Abby series( 3rd favorite author, if I could put down the 1st two authors, this would be the 3rd to read over)
    All of the rest are listed in no particular order:
    Mary Balogh--everything
    Elizabeth Boyle--everything
    Jo Beverley--everything
    Marsha Canham--everything
    Susan Carroll--everything
    Kimberly Cates--everything
    Shannon Drake/Heather Graham--everything
    Christina Dodd--everything
    Suzanne Enoch--everything
    Christine Feehan--everything
    Kathleen Givens--everything
    Lois Greiman--everything
    Hannah Howell--everything
    Karen Hawkins--everything
    Eloisa James--everything
    Samantha James--everything
    Stephanie Laurens--everything
    Kinley MacGregor--everything
    I tons of books so if you are looking for someone let me know!!!!!!...bap7249
    So many books to read, so little TIME!
    Everyone NEEDS a little MAGIC!!!!!!!!!

Moning Manic #399 , Proud Member of MMPS

Small X on the AL. map... Southern Girl 24/7

I just started reading these books by 'Janet Chapman' {Highlander Series} I am enjoying the first book very much. This is the link to her website...
    { http://www.janetchapman.com/ }

I also recieved a tip on this author 'Veronica Wolff' {Master of the Highlands coming Feb. 2008}
    {Sword of the Highlands coming June 2008} I checked her out at her website and at Fantastic Fiction... it said "A fabulous debut for fans of Diana Gabaldon and Karen Marie Moning" THAT CAUGHT MY EYE RIGHT AWAY!!
    { http://veronicawolff.com/ }
    Bella... Enjoying The Read............. **Maniac # 72**

Siggy.. Kristin...
    Siggy.. MeShelle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bella... View Post
    I just started reading these books by 'Janet Chapman' {Highlander Series} I am enjoying the first book very much. This is the link to her website...
    { http://www.janetchapman.com/ }

I also recieved a tip on this author 'Veronica Wolff' {Master of the Highlands coming Feb. 2008}
    {Sword of the Highlands coming June 2008} I checked her out at her website and at Fantastic Fiction... it said "A fabulous debut for fans of Diana Gabaldon and Karen Marie Moning" THAT CAUGHT MY EYE RIGHT AWAY!!
    { http://veronicawolff.com/ }
    Yeah I also love the Janet Chapman Highlander Series! --Sarah

Proud Member of the SSMKA

My Blog: http://notperfectbutunique.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread