+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Book and author recommendations

Of course I have to say I'm my favourite romance author I really like Christine Feehan's Carpathian series. I love her sexy vampires. Also MaryJanice Davidson's Undead series.

Marisa

I'm sure we'll hear these authors repeated a million times over, but here are my fave paranormals:

Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter series -- incredibly original universe and was first recommended to me by Amazon after I read KMM's stuff

Charlaine Harris -- vampire series starring Sookie Stackhouse! CH said at a book-signing that she writes the series as a mystery genre, but I still think of it as paranormal. The T.V. series of it is coming to HBO soon!

Maryjanice Davidson -- the Betsy Taylor vamp queen series is hilarious. I find her other stuff too cheesy, but her Betsy books have a poignancy that I love.

Katie McAllister -- I think the Aisling Grey series is a little far-fetched, but I love it anyway. Who could possibly be immune to Drake's hotness?

Jennifer Armintrout -- a new fave. Very, very dark and very, very well-written vampire series

Jim Butcher -- all hail Harry Dresden!

Chick Lit:

Helen Fielding -- forget about the movie; if you haven't read "Bridget Jones' Diary", get it immediately!

Sophie Kinsella -- can't vouch for the newest Shopaholic book, as I thought it was dumb beyond all imagining, but the rest of the series is pretty good (when I read the first book five years ago, I had GB's image implanted firmly in my mind as a perfect choice for Luke).

Ann Brashares (I know I spelled that wrong) -- I still dig young adult novels, and her Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series is actually really good for adults too

Jane Austen -- no description necessary; forever and ever, world without end, amen

And as always, my old stand-bys: Anne Rice, Stephen King, L.M. Montgomery, etc.

Jericho is mine.... Stephanie J's Avatar

Default good book's

Sara Mackenzie
    Return of the Highlander
    Secrets of the Highwayman
    Passions of the Ghost
    He fitted himself to me and begin a , driving erotic, rhythmic bump and grind.

A Viking Princess masterpiece

Is he yummy or what?

Proud Member of the SSMKA , GBOCL & MMNKBD

Kinley MacGregor

Nora Roberts - Specifically this series:
    Morrigan's Cross
    Dance of the Gods
    Valley of Silence

Christina Dodd - Darkness Chosen series

No one has mentioned Nora Roberts yet. She is all over the board in what she writes so there is something for everyone. I also recommend Jean Auel her books a pre history ice age but absolutly wonderful.
    Next best thing to a highlander is a good cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by MacKeltarLover View Post
    well i just came the chat room with leiha.. and recomended

born in sin by kinley macgregor

after wrk im on my way to borders! thanks leiha for the sugesstion! :happy0158:
    Oh, yes, I remember this book. It was good.
    You say you want some soaps, lotions and candles that smell like your favorite man or woman??? www.solocreations.ecrater.com

Debbie H

Definitely, Pamela Clare historicals and romance/suspense, Emma Holly, Sherrilyn Kenyon, J.R. Ward BDB, Katie MacAlister.

Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series;

Linda Howard, especially Son of the Morning (a highlander book), and Cry No More;

Melissa McCarty's highlanders;

Janet Chapman;

Many of Nora Roberts, particularly her Irish trilogy: Jewels of the Sun, Tears of the Moon, Heart of the Sea.

Lynn Kurland: though I've only read one of hers so far (Stardust of Yesterday), I loved it!

Julie Garwood: I've read The Wedding and The Bride so far and recommend them!

PS I Love You by Cecelia Ahearn if you like to sob and laugh at the same time!
    Maniac #12, Founder of the GBOCL

siggy by Kristin (Beware of Italics)!

siggy by Mistress Dawn!

Laurell K. Hamilton.

Lauren Weisberger

Michael avi by Love bug Siggy by VP ,Crazy Irish Lass,Founder of The J.A.L.U and Hunters group,I secretly wish I was Mac! ,Michael Phelps & Jensen are my other DH's Miss Fever 2008, Team Eric!

General of the Cruce-Aid Viking Princess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteffanyJohanson View Post
    Sara Mackenzie
    Return of the Highlander
    Secrets of the Highwayman
    Passions of the Ghost
    I love Sara Mackenzie, she also writes regular historiacl romances under "Sara Bennett" She was one of the first romance authors I have read.

AND

Quote Originally Posted by MacKeltarLover View Post
    well i just came the chat room with leiha.. and recomended

born in sin by kinley macgregor

after wrk im on my way to borders! thanks leiha for the sugesstion! :happy0158:
    Born in Sin is one of my favorite of Kinley/Sherrilyn's books. But be prepared to back track with the 2 books in the series that come before it. My favorite of the MacAllister brother, Lochlan, has a book coming out (FINALLY!) at the end of this month *does a happy dance*

+ Reply to Thread