+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Book and author recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by BronteFan View Post
    Yes, I've been reading them. They are pretty good

Thank you all for the other recommendations. I'm going to see what my library has to offer.

Right now I'm enjoying the Night Huntress series - by Jeaniene Frost a friend recommended. Bones is entertaining I didn't want to get into another series, but this was worth it IMO.
    I have heard of the Night Huntress series but haven't had a chance to pick it up between my writing (and since I do book reviews) a list of "need to read" books longer than my arm! Oh yah, and taking care of my son, lol. But I will add that if you think it is worth the read :-).

Quote Originally Posted by Adamareangere View Post
    I have heard of the Night Huntress series but haven't had a chance to pick it up between my writing (and since I do book reviews) a list of "need to read" books longer than my arm! Oh yah, and taking care of my son, lol. But I will add that if you think it is worth the read :-).
    Jeaniene Frost is definetly worth reading! Great books.

Da Mi Basia Milli

Maniac

As a bookaholic, I appreciate recommendations. Besides KMM, of course, a few of my other favorite authors are Kelley Armstrong (adult and YA books) and Katie MacAlister. Both have great plots and character development (and some intimate scenes). I find it really frustrating when authors write the same story with different character names and locations and/or forget to have a plot to connect the action.

I also enjoy the Harry Potter books and the Twilight books. I really enjoyed the Host by Stephanie Meyer as well as the Gemma Doyle books by Libba Bray.

MMPS Magi Maleficent sarahmuriel's Avatar

I love Janet Chapman, Lora Leigh, Marisa Chenery, Wendy Stone, Shelly Laurenston, Kinley MacGregor, Linda Howard, Lynn Kurland, Victoria Holt......
    so many authors, so little time!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlysL View Post
    Then it definitely sounds like I'll have to make room on my reading list for her! Thanks!

Mega Maniac

I have a couple more YA book recommendations:
    Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater and Daniel Waters' Generation Dead series. They're all very good books.

Quote Originally Posted by AlysL View Post
    I can't put these books down! I'm on book 4 of the Nigh Huntress series - As much as I hate that there is nothing after it (for a while anyway), I need to do things around for the holidays I just adore Bones! Wow is all I can say!

Are any of her other books just as good?

Quote Originally Posted by sarahmuriel View Post
    I love Janet Chapman, Lora Leigh, Marisa Chenery, Wendy Stone, Shelly Laurenston, Kinley MacGregor, Linda Howard, Lynn Kurland, Victoria Holt......
    so many authors, so little time!!!!
    Thank you sarah. It's great to see names I don't recognize. I'll check them out as well. So true, not enough time. One of the reasons I love January, it's a good month to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Irina View Post
    I have a couple more YA book recommendations:
    Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater and Daniel Waters' Generation Dead series. They're all very good books.
    Thank you Irina - I'm adding to my list.
    Last edited by BronteFan; 12-15-2009 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
    As a bookaholic, I appreciate recommendations. Besides KMM, of course, a few of my other favorite authors are Kelley Armstrong (adult and YA books) and Katie MacAlister. Both have great plots and character development (and some intimate scenes). I find it really frustrating when authors write the same story with different character names and locations and/or forget to have a plot to connect the action.

I also enjoy the Harry Potter books and the Twilight books. I really enjoyed the Host by Stephanie Meyer as well as the Gemma Doyle books by Libba Bray.
    I completely agree. I get tired of the same stories. That's one of the reasons I love the Fever series and now the Night Huntress series. The plots are different than anything else I've read. I like to be surprised. I enjoy the romance/intimate scenes, but I want a story to get into as well.

I liked the Twilight books. I never read The Host. I didn't know if that was SciFi which I stay away from. I'm more into Urban Fantasy/romance, Supernatural/Romance, Regency/Romance (oh and the classics, but I don't need recommendations on those).

I also enjoyed the Sookie Stackhouse series because it had everything I liked, including some humorous moments

Quote Originally Posted by BronteFan View Post
    I liked the Twilight books. I never read The Host. I didn't know if that was SciFi which I stay away from. I'm more into Urban Fantasy/romance, Supernatural/Romance, Regency/Romance (oh and the classics, but I don't need recommendations on those).

I also enjoyed the Sookie Stackhouse series because it had everything I liked, including some humorous moments
    The Host is really good - it is not what you think of as SciFi. I don't really read scifi either - but after reading Twilight and I liked them, I tried the Host because it was the same author. Glad I did. It is very well written - loved the story and hope that she writes a sequel - it is begging for a continuation of the story. I think you would like it.

Maniac

OMG! I LOVE Chris Moore! Bite Me is coming out early 2010 and can't wait! :)

+ Reply to Thread