+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What it's like to be a Moning Maniac

Default What it's like to be a Moning Maniac

I think for many of us, this board has had a huge impact on our lives. I think it would be great to post how being a Moning Maniac has made a difference in your life.

I know for Karen, this is the one place where she can go on the internet and feel safe. There are so many other places on the web that focus on negativity and she loves how positive and supportive this board is for not only her but for everyone. She doesn't post as often as she wishes she could but trust me, she's on here much more then you think.

For me, this message board has brought many women into my life that I consider friends and family. I love the people on this board and the friendships that have formed over the years, friendships that I consider lifelong. People may come and go on the board due to what's happening in their real lives but the friendship will remain.
    siggy courtesy of Pyxie

When I found the boards almost 3 years ago I finally found people that had read Karen's books. No one up where I live reads the books and I could never find anyone to discuss them with.
    While I don't post real often I know that if I have a problem I can come here and get advice.
    Believe in the unbelievable

It's heavenly to have somewhere you can go to to talk about the books you love.

2011 Ireland Coordinator Debbie_D's Avatar

Ditto what was said. Also along with KMM, some of the ladies here that write have inspired me to start writing. I don't think I would have done this without knowing them and I got to know them thru the forums.
    -Dageus
    "Seduction begins with the promise of touch, not touch itself. The deliberate withholding of it until the moment is exquisitely right. I've been known to devote days to heightening the tension to the perfect pitch. To seduce a woman using just one thing? My mouth, I confess, for selfish reasons. I adore slow, hungry kisses, trailing them over every inch of her body. Where sex with me can sometimes be demanding, my tongue is always gentle. Relentless, but gentle."

~Viking Princess Originals~
    Moning Maniac #69
    Don't blame me... Jenn started it and Vic's the instigator

This board has truly made me a maniac lol before I joined I was quite content waiting for the books to come out. Now I come here, read all the theories, the nerveracking spoilers each month and it drives me nuts!

But I wouldn't give the friendships I have found here up for anything. I've interacted with many of you guys here and i can honestly and with all sincerity say that this group of women are some of the most amazing people I have ever met. I count myself fortunate to have met them, and to continue meeting them, and I can't wait until fevercon just so I can give you all a real in-person hug.

You guys have changed my life for the better, even if my family/friends cant understand why I spend my nights until 3am staring at a computer screen LOL I say it's well worth it. The people I met here are among the first I want to talk to whenever something big happens in my life. Sometimes even before I want to tell my parents.

Not to mention some of the threads here that brighten my day or just play make me LMAO I love this board! And everyone on it!

Karen's books started me reading fiction again. I stopped for many years. After reading a few I found the boards. I enjoy coming here, when I can for mature conversation, some great advice on books to read along a similar theme (as there are few here that are easy to get hold of) and it truly feels like this forum is a community. I have only met one lovely lady who frequents the boards when she came here on holiday - but it feels like I have known many of you for many years.

I have been popping in and out for the last two years!! I love seeing what people think about who Barron's, Mac, and everyone else are. I orginally came on board because I wanted to find news on the next book coming out!! When I recently moved to Ca, I saw that they got together each month or so, I went and met Kim and Stapes and had a great time!! Thanks again girls. I can't wait to meet more maniac fans at the Fevercon!!

shameless hussy maniac ScotIrishlass's Avatar

Thumbs up What it's like to be a Moning Maniac

Being a Maniac has exposed me to many, fabulous, crazy, funny, creative, brillant, thoughful, kind and generous people! I especially appreciates Karen generosity in allowing us to discuss and promote other authors on her message board. Karen, you and your crew are the best!!!! Best thing I ever did was sign-up to become a Maniac! Love you all!
    YOU THINK YOU HAVE PROBLEMS, I'M IN LOVE WITH A FICTIONAL CHARACTER

HighlanderManiac Rae4Highlanders's Avatar

Default Total safe haven!

I can come on here and be a geek about the books (and all books) without people looking at me like I'm a) crazy, or b) just a complete geek, because we are all in the same boat of the awesomeness that IS Karen Marie.

Plus, I can vent to everyone here and share fun things and get so much support from everyone! Not that my best girlfriends aren't great for that too, but they aren't really online and they have very different schedules than I do because they are both in different states, so it is a crapshoot if I get a hold of them.

Thank you and love you gals/guys! Happy 3rd anniversary!

I visit and read the board much more than I post, but it's nice to know that I share my JZB/Highlander obsession with so many. Whenever a worrisome teaser (like the latest one) comes out, I head straight here to read the theories and try to calm down. lol

siggy by Beware of Italics

+ Reply to Thread