+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What it's like to be a Moning Maniac

This board has made amazing changes in my life!!! I have learned I can be me and people will still like me. I have met some of the most amazing women due to the forum that I now consider my dear, true friends. I have been on maniac Road Trips that are unbelievable, have had an absolute blast on each and every one of them. But also, there are Maniacs on here who will cry with you, give you advice, kick you in the butt when you need it, laugh with you, love with you (all un-conditional), and be the best group of friends I have ever had the honor of knowing. We are like a community and, from the other boards I have visited, that is a rare occurence and I appreciate Karen and Leiha letting us have this kind of board. I can't wait until FC to meet and talk to more Maniacs in person. Happy anniversary and many more to come.

How's it feel. It's a bit indescribable to try to explain how happy I feel when I visit this one of a kind community you've created whenever I'm within reach of a computer. Honestly, I am also at a loss to describe how I've felt ever since I walked into Waldenbooks and saw that Karen had released a second novel that was right there, front of the store, stand alone new release display. Literally, I took an involuntary intake of breath and a smile broke out on my face and (I know it sounds weird but, sharing anyhow) that sort of receeding surroundings thing happening. Can honestly say I don't ever remember that happening with any other author's latest book release. I was also happy because I knew a lot of other people must have liked BTHM for her to get that kind of special display treatment.

Finding Karen's book was like finding a treasure. I'd stopped reading romances for about 3 1/2 yrs. because I couldn't finish reading them without throwing them aside because they were so boring and formulaic and stupid.
    I remember wondering if these authors thought their readers were unbelievably vapid and dumb.

Thanks, for the wonderful stories Karen and I sure am glad you met Leiha and gave us this website.

Default What i found...

was i didn't even know boards like this even existed!... And LORDY how i am glad this one does!!

There are loads of amazing people on here, lots of laughter, great caring, and sometimes barrowed-and-painted-up pet shades....

I have been on for a year, love it tremendously!!!!

Thank you Ms. Karen, Leiha and Mia!

Happy anniversary Maniacs!!!!!

Somewhere in the mist o' time
    a Fever rages in a Highlander "mine"~~
    Dual breath in a Druid born
    An Immortal lad of a Keltar lore~~
    Souls of the present meet the soul of past
    No canceling out of the sexy extra large Keltar lad~~
    Two of his kind, one stays behind
    in the past and in a present kin~~
    I'm trying to find A missing Keltar "Mine"
    Oh Dageus wherefor are though my friend?

Finding the boards has been one of the best experiences of my life. Not only has it given me so many thoughts and theories and ideas about the books, but it's been a place to rejoice over great things happening and a place to seek advice or a shoulder when things aren't going well.

It's been a place where I've found ladies that I'm proud to call friends, whether we only talk on here ...or have met only once or twice ...or that I've traveled with ...or talk to damn near every day by text VIC! or chat. Karen, her books and the boards have blessed me with some of my best friends and I will always be thankful and greatful for that

I took an amazing, beautiful trip to Scotland ...that was made even more special and beautiful because of the Maniacs I traveled with. That trip is something I'll never forget ...and the ladies are the reason.

I know that I've found a home here and with all of you.

Karen ...thanks for all you do and all you give to us.

Happy Anniversary

VP's best yet

There was a time when I tried avoiding coming here just because I couldn't handle the excitement of waiting for the new book. I would see all the theories and speculation and just couldn't wait for the next book to come out, but now Im addicted!! Its even on my bookmarks tab so I can just click first thing when I pop on!!

I haven't had the chance to meet anyone yet but I cannot wait for fevercon so I can meet my Maniac sisters in arms!!
    Girls Gone Pri-ya! Fevercon 2010

I've always been the kind of person that has just a few close friends and my best friends have always been my sisters, my parents and my late husband. I've always been a big reader and after my husband died that only increased. I lurked here on the forum for about a year, saw so many of the same people posting all the time, and finally felt comfortable enough to join and then actually post. Since joining, I've found myself more open to meeting new people and not feeling as shy doing it. (That only took me 50 years!) Never thought I would drive 40 miles to meet with strangers (that I met on the internet no less!) or consider flying across country to go to an event. There really is no other forum like it--a great place with great people.

Happy Anniversary!
    December was Christian-he knows naughty or nice.
    January was Grimm with his eyes of blue ice.
    Cian was November-when the Dark Glass set him free.
    Drustan in February made us think cherry tree.
    Dageus is March—Why, do you say?
    March has “Lips Appreciation” and “I’m in Control” day.
    Multiple Personalities-he was possessed by 13.
    When it comes to sacrifice-I’d say his was supreme.
    Return Borrowed Books week makes me think Gaulish Ghost.
    Yes, I would say March suits Dageus the most!

Yes, I am a Mrs. Stiffler FeverChick's Avatar

I don't post often, but this has been a fun group to be a part of over the last three years.

Before joining the board, i never had anyone to talk books to!!!...now i have an entire board of people who love to read as much as i do and many of them have become friends for life, even some i have never met...it is the ONE most important and positive thing that has made my retirement everything i could have ever wished for...i love all the Maniacs and hope to meet as many more as possible...bap
    So many books to read, so little TIME!
    Everyone NEEDS a little MAGIC!!!!!!!!!

Moning Manic #399 , Proud Member of MMPS

Stapes, I was a lurker for a yr., too. The quick wit and intelligence of a lot of these ladies kinda intimidated me for a little while but, once Leiha posted about the book signing in Cincy I jumped on board and have had so much fun with fellow maniacs I can't imagine why I was so silly and not joined a heck of a lot sooner.

Hey, there bap. *looks at watch* you're late to the party girlfreind!

+ Reply to Thread