+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: SOS please....

Default SOS please....

So girls, I have a bit of a dilemma, I thought to seek some thoughts from you all, as my own girlfriends around here can be biased and know me all too well Right now they're having a grand-adventure making up scary scenarios and having a great laugh... GROAN! gotta love girlfriends, but right now... I'm pouting! Sooooo - I need some third-party opinions!

Here's the dilemma: I got a very nice phone call this morning from Philadelphia's most prominent spa, informing me that an anonymous person has arranged/paid for a day of pampering (which includes a 90-min massage) for me. The catch is that I CANNOT find out who it's from until after the experience. Apparently he has a note waiting for me. Believe me, I tried my best to get it out of the attentant, but to no avail...

At first thought this sounds like WOO-HOO! right? But, knowing it's not from any of the usual suspects/people I'd expect to do this sort of thing (I already checked ) - I'm afraid it might be from some creepy guy, or wierdo I have no interest in associating with... I had a stalking experience once, not fun! And what if afterwards I feel guilty or obligated to meet them or something? Am I being paranoid or thinking too much? Should I just jump at the offer, or decline? What would you do?

Lina, these days you just can't be too careful. (But I think I read this scenario in a book somewhere!!!). Especially after having already had a stalking experience. I would really try to get more info from the spa - maybe talk to the manager. It's very tempting, and obviously if it's someplace wonderful, the donor went to some expense, but ... I would want to know more. Is the spa obligated to tell the person that you used the gift?
    This is a really tough choice, but personal safety always has to come first.

It is a sad world indeed when we get scared of receiving a free pampering..

If it was me, I'd go, see the note. If he tells you who he is in the note, contact him and go from there. If the note doesn't contain any info on the secret admirer, well, in any case, DO NOT TAKE THE FREE PAMPERING. Maybe it's my upbringing, but I was taught to never take anything from anyone whom you are NOT SURE will hold it against you or not.

Because whether you do take the pampering or not, you do appreciate the thought already right?? *g* And if he's someone you like, and something happens, well.. no one says he can't give you another appointment. Or maybe a private one... *beg*

Debbie H

Lina, I'm with the rest, personal safety first. Check with the manager and explain the stalking experience. Maybe your DH could be there with you when read the note and you meet "him" if you go through with it? That would make it clear to the person that you appreciated the gift but you are involved in a relationship you cherish.

Smile Personal Safety

Yeh I all For finding out as much as you can go to the top(MGR) your safety is
    Important.
    UMM You dont think it might be the MP you met in the bar(picture you posted) you know BIG GUY???
    When i started reading your post he is the first person I thought of.
    I have alway gone with my gut if it feels wrong it is wrong.
    :2:IT AIN"T WHAT IT"S CRACKED UP TO BE:2:DOWN WITH PANT! UP WITH KILTS!
    Where you find friends, there you find richesCheck your (.)(.) Its never to soon
    Born a member of the SSMKA and GBOCL & MMNKBD
    Maniac#16
    "Someday"

Exclamation Lina.....

I wonder if maybe, that would be a violation of your privacy if you went to the spa, and then they told the man that you had been there and used the package......or is that not how it works? I am with the other girls.....go and check the note.....or rather call them and tell them to check the note and tell them about your stalking experience, and be very stern, this is NOT a joke....in this day and age, who would really fall into that kind of situation? It is not a laughing matter, if I was one of your girlfriends.....I would either go with you and not leave your side (if you choose to go) or tell you to refuse the package unless someone tells you what is going on........if he is TRULY interested, why would he want to HIDE is identity, maybe he is trying to trap you.....ever thought of that? Sounds like he HAS something to hide, and maybe it is more than his identity......I am scared for you Lina......BE CAREFUL!

SSMKA & MMNKBD

Quote Originally Posted by highlanderlas View Post
    Maybe your DH could be there with you when read the note and you meet "him" if you go through with it?
    Ahhh... see here's the thing: we're separated, in wait of the big "D" ... otherwise this prolly wouldn't have happened anyway.

I'm glad to hear everyone is thinking along the same lines as I. Unfortunately wierd people do exist and one can't afford to not be careful. THANKS GIRLS! I sigh in relief, knowing that I'm not crazy paranoid after all! :bowrofl-vi:

Priya! ;-) claudia celestial girl's Avatar

Default I had an experience like this ...

I had an experience like this. I accepted the gift (it was one of many), from a friend who assured me he understood we were just friends, he just wanted to do something good for me (I was under treatment at the time that involved heavy chemicals and was yucky).

But it was really more than that. There really was a 'catch. ' Even though he didn't acknowledge it at the time, he was hoping I'd fall in love with him. He wanted to lavish me with gifts, hoping I'd turn a blind eye to his other flaws (he's a recovering alcoholic). A few months later we had to go through the agony of 'that talk' where I had to clarify my (lack of) feelings for him.

It's a lovely thought, but in this day and age, we need to be effective in our communications. What is this guy (or woman!!) really trying to say? A woman has no business accepting gifts from a man that she is not interested in, and a man should not hide behind cool gifts. My HO.

Proud member of Lore Ladies, Lallybroch Lassies, BDB Maidens, and The Zone

Do you have to wait til after your massage to find out who it's from? Can't you find out at the beginning and then if you choose not to accept it you can. It's not like whoever it is will know when you're going in. We definitely want you to be careful but I also want to know who it's from. You know how curious I am (sounds so much better then nozy ).
    siggy courtesy of Pyxie

Hehehehe... I'm with Leiha! You know we're curious people. LOL. But true, having had a stalker before, it's scary. So safety first chick...

Oh heck! Take the massage! ;)
    I can resist everything except temptation........

+ Reply to Thread