+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: I think JB is the Dark King(Bloodfever discussion)

Default I think JB is the Dark King(Bloodfever discussion)

okay ladies. Here is wy I think he's the Dark Unseelie King. I re-read DarkFever VERY carefully:

a) he's desperate to get a hold of the Sinsar Dubh
    b) The Dark King is known to have a concubine, and I think Fiona is his concubine, judging by her near possessiveness of JB and her jealousy of Mac
    c) the torques he wore indicates royalty, as you will all remember that Adam had worn torques as well aroud his neck.
    d) The shades are REPELLED by him, which means they fear their King.
    e) I also believe that Darroc .aka. Lprd MAster looked completely stunned when he saw J.B. The rest of the Unseelie's appeared just as stunned, butI doubt it was sue to J.B's high jump. I think they were sh**ing bricks seeing their Unseelie KIng betraying him.

Those are why I feel that J.B is the Dark KIng. ANy ideas ladies?

Okay well those are some very good arguments. I just don't want JB to be the Dark King at least not at this moment.
    A Viking Princess Original
    Maniac #6

Yeah, but didn't it say in one of the Highlander series that the Seelie Queen and Unseelie King will join together to prevent the FAe world from bleeding into the human world? I think JB and Abhoiabel are wroking together, and the Dark King took on the persona of a human, who can collect books. I also think he kills his fellow Unseelie because he is sooo upset they're escaping his prison and that they are disobeying him by joining the Lord MAster a.k.a Darroc who was a former Seelie FAe. I dunno, just my thoughts. Oh, and J.B's torques were NOT golden like SEelie torques but were a darker, silvery colour, and he is dark and broody himself.

Priya! ;-) claudia celestial girl's Avatar

Default My thoughts

Hi Katarina!

Welcome to the board. We love ALL theories! That being said, I want to bring up a couple of points. What about the notion that the Dark King cannot leave his realm? (Into the Dreaming). If he were JB, he'd have to be casting a glamour, and so Mac ought to be able to penetrate it.

JZB seems all too 'human' to me, with certain human failings, like love. And there are times when he seems pretty helpless - like when he watches Mac go out the door on a date with CMK. And also, not being able to just march in to Faery and drag Mac away from V'Lane by her hair. Not being able to come rescue her from Malluce until nightfall ... JZB has a sense of humor, and I somehow doubt that the Dark King makes that many jokes. (But who knows. Maybe he is Mr. Dark & Charming).

I secretly suspect that the dark king is behind everything, manipulating things.

Proud member of Lore Ladies, Lallybroch Lassies, BDB Maidens, and The Zone

hey!! Good points, but remeber how V'lane just allowed Mac and J.B to leave the cave?? Also, maybe the Unseelie kIng was turned into human by Aoibheal so her could better disguise himself in the human realm, while leaving him some of his remaining powers. Also, in Darkfever, remember how Mac suddenly felt attracted to JB and how he kinda reminded her of a death-by-sex fae? I dunno...also, I think JB's wearing the torques reminds the other Unseelie that he is still the Dark King. And I still just cant get over the shades being, according to Mac, "repelled" by him.

but remember how V'lane just allowed Mac and J.B. to leave the cave??
    Do you mean the Lord Master?

Maybe the Unseelie kIng was turned into human by Aoibheal so he could better disguise himself in the human realm, while leaving him some of his remaining powers.
    And Queen A would agree to that?? ;-) I think she likes him, but likes him enough to do that? And, since he is more powerful, why would he need her to do that? On the other hand, from Into the DReaming, once he gets his paws/hands?? on her, maybe he can convince her to do anything!

I think JB's wearing the torques reminds the other Unseelie that he is still the Dark King.
    Yeah, *Jo* has a lot of ideas about the torque, and the color, and what it all means (that he is an Unseelie prince). I'm going to keep my mouth shut on this one!

I still just cant get over the shades being, according to Mac, "repelled" by him.
    Yeah - pretty amazing! Do you think JB is aware of that uber-shade, the one that keeps giving Mac the finger?

I had posted my thought before on this, but I am still wondering if JB could be Adam Black..In Bloodfever when Mac calls IYCGM and Ryodan calls back and she asked if he knew where 'Barrons' was and he said is that what he is calling himself these days? I just reread Beyond the Highland Mist and in Chapter 28 it talks about who Adam Black is and how he isn't one to 'muck' in mortals lives but when he did legends arose. And then it goes on to tell the different names he is known by and which Glamour he would choose or 'visage' to humans..Maybe he was betrayed by his wife sometime later..maybe the Queen gave him an offer he couldn't refuse to get back all he had..Maybe that is why he and V'Lane hate each other, one has what the other has had and now the other wants it back...sounds crazy..but could it be possible?
    Last edited by Jenney; 11-26-2007 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by claudia celestial girl View Post
    Hi Katarina!

Welcome to the board. We love ALL theories! That being said, I want to bring up a couple of points. What about the notion that the Dark King cannot leave his realm? (Into the Dreaming). If he were JB, he'd have to be casting a glamour, and so Mac ought to be able to penetrate it.

JZB seems all too 'human' to me, with certain human failings, like love. And there are times when he seems pretty helpless - like when he watches Mac go out the door on a date with CMK. And also, not being able to just march in to Faery and drag Mac away from V'Lane by her hair. Not being able to come rescue her from Malluce until nightfall ... JZB has a sense of humor, and I somehow doubt that the Dark King makes that many jokes. (But who knows. Maybe he is Mr. Dark & Charming).

I secretly suspect that the dark king is behind everything, manipulating things.
    I'm gald you said that about the DK not leave his realm. I thought I remembered Dreaming say that he couldn't walk on human soil, that is why he had his vengenance to go to the human realm and do his dirty work. I wouldn't be surprised if he had influence on happenings in the Fever series.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenney View Post
    I had posted my thought before on this, but I am still wondering if JB could be Adam Black..In Bloodfever when Mac calls IYCGM and Ryodan calls back and she asked if he knew where 'Barrons' was and he said is that what he is calling himself these days? I just reread Beyond the Highland Mist and in Chapter 28 it talks about who Adam Black is and how he isn't one to 'muck' in mortals lives but when he did legends arose. And then it goes on to tell the different names he is known by and which Glamour he would choose or 'visage' to humans..Maybe he was betrayed by his wife sometime later..maybe the Queen gave him an offer he couldn't refuse to get back all he had..Maybe that is why he and V'Lane hate each other, one has what the other has had and now the other wants it back...sounds crazy..but could it be possible?
    You know, this is actually quite plausible - because by now we readers could be convinced of anything regarding Adam! He is so crazy and unpredictable!

But I really prefer to believe that JZB is just what he says he is - like no one else in this game. I'd love to believe that the author has created someone we will love just as much as Adam, because he is his own unique person. With unique problems. A fresh, new character!

Of course, if he turns out to be Adam, I'll be impressed too. ;-)

Default Hiya

I most def. Don't think JB is the Dk, and if the Queen turns someone human...doesn't it say in Adam Black's book that if she REALLY turns one human that it can't be undone and what about the timeline? I don't think it is Adam Black either, isn't this probably after the fact that he found his mate, got a soul, and had two children???

I don't think JB is human by any standards...I would go more torwards Dark Druidish.....is there any such thing as a royal dark druid?
    True Love

+ Reply to Thread