+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: I think JB is the Dark King(Bloodfever discussion)

Priya! ;-) claudia celestial girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeant View Post
    I'm gald you said that about the DK not leave his realm. I thought I remembered Dreaming say that he couldn't walk on human soil, that is why he had his vengenance to go to the human realm and do his dirty work. I wouldn't be surprised if he had influence on happenings in the Fever series.
    I get the feeling that the Dark King is, like, uber-powerful. That is why the Seelie queen resorted to trickery to get her way in Into the Dreaming. I get the feeling he is so powerful that he doesn't actually have to visit human realms in order to have an influence there. I get the feeling he would not resort to donning a human form in order to hunt down his Dark Book.

But I can't deny that what Katarina pointed out is very true - the Lord Master did look long and hard at JZB, as if he was astonished. For JZB to actually be the Dark King would answer that question, woulnd't it. ;-)

somewhere on one of these threads, there is a quote from KMM herself. Something about writing a new character, a druid who could actually harm the Fae. I think she is referring to JZB there. I'll have to dig that quote up.

Proud member of Lore Ladies, Lallybroch Lassies, BDB Maidens, and The Zone

royal dark druid
    Yeah baby! That's more like what I have in mind. ;-)

ps - Hi alex, and wlecome to the board!

Quote Originally Posted by claudia celestial girl View Post
    I get the feeling that the Dark King is, like, uber-powerful. That is why the Seelie queen resorted to trickery to get her way in Into the Dreaming. I get the feeling he is so powerful that he doesn't actually have to visit human realms in order to have an influence there. I get the feeling he would not resort to donning a human form in order to hunt down his Dark Book.

But I can't deny that what Katarina pointed out is very true - the Lord Master did look long and hard at JZB, as if he was astonished. For JZB to actually be the Dark King would answer that question, woulnd't it. ;-)

somewhere on one of these threads, there is a quote from KMM herself. Something about writing a new character, a druid who could actually harm the Fae. I think she is referring to JZB there. I'll have to dig that quote up.

a druid who could harm the fae would answer one of my burning questions regarding the end of DF: What was Barrons doing while Mac was killing the fae? She mentions seeing his startled face, but KMM doesn't let us know if he was in the fight, watching, chanting while the runes were lighting up (you get my drift). If he was the DK, then the LM wouldn't have ordered the unseelie to take mac alive and 'kill the other one', as that would have been impossible, and if he had recognized Barrons as the DK, he would know that.

Quote Originally Posted by christa3 View Post
    a druid who could harm the fae would answer one of my burning questions regarding the end of DF: What was Barrons doing while Mac was killing the fae? She mentions seeing his startled face, but KMM doesn't let us know if he was in the fight, watching, chanting while the runes were lighting up (you get my drift). If he was the DK, then the LM wouldn't have ordered the unseelie to take mac alive and 'kill the other one', as that would have been impossible, and if he had recognized Barrons as the DK, he would know that.
    Yes! I'm hearing you. I've wondered that same thing myself and your points about the DK make a lot of sense to me.

Christa - we haven't seen you in a while, girl! where have you been! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by claudia celestial girl View Post
    Yes! I'm hearing you. I've wondered that same thing myself and your points about the DK make a lot of sense to me.

Christa - we haven't seen you in a while, girl! where have you been! ;-)
    LOL, I get nervous when I post, like I'm standing in front of a room of people It's weird I know. Plus, everyone is so eloquent with their theories!! Thanks for remembering me Claudia!!

Well, MAybe JZB is a royal Druid, and a possible opffspring of the Dark King? Maybe JZB, similar to Circenn, is half human half-fae, but his mother was a sidh-seer. I still feel like JZB is somehow related to the Dark King.

Default I agree

I agree it makes more sense if he is half and half of something. It does say whenever Mac is near him its light he has an electrical current through him...which is certainly NOT human....
    True Love

anyone think Mac could actually turn out to be one of the Druid? Just a thought..

Siggy by Viking Princess

Proud member of the MMNKBD

Default Yeah

OH and thanks claudia for welcoming me!

Quote Originally Posted by Annette View Post
    anyone think Mac could actually turn out to be one of the Druid? Just a thought..
    Yes!! I said something about this before, but I think she has some extra magic in her that's beyond sidhe-seerness. For example, I think she is deep reading him when they have they're wordless conversations and during the "cave" scene. And that she's already powerful now, but she could be super duper powerful if Barrons teaches her some new tricks. And I really want a girl to be kickin' ass and saving the world!

+ Reply to Thread