+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What does Scarlett smell like?

Hybrid View

Wink What does Scarlett smell like?

When you think Gone With the Wind and Scarlett what kind of scent do you think she would wear? Not Peach!

i am trying to think of a scent that is sweet and somewhat spicy with a little bit of ooomph to it.
    i am supposed to find a Scarlett scent for the new stores soaps. i *think* I have Rhett chosen and i have chosen Melanie's scent already. but Scarlett is a little elusive...
    Character Inspired Soaps and Candles
    www.lafaepetite.com

lord bless charlie mops! Caitríona's Avatar

maybe something with cinnamon in it?

Yes, I am a Mrs. Stiffler FeverChick's Avatar

I think Scarlett would smell good, but with a little bit a sass to it. A flowery smell with jasmine of some sort or something with a little bit of kick. Red is the first color I think of for Scarlett.

Maniac

Maybe magnolia or honeysuckle with something stronger? I think of those as southern scents....

magnolia (lighter, fresh), gardenia (can be too strong), or jasmine (romantic nights) - all sweet southern scents
    patchouli for the spicy
    ooomph I'm not sure what would work. I think it'd just take mixing some things up and seeing what works.

Deus nobiscum quis contra Conoga's Avatar

i agree cinnamon was the first thing that came to my mind. maybe a mix of cinnamon and something else..... not sure what exactly without having the smells right in front of me. but the problem with cinnamon is it does tend to have a holiday effect by itself so you'd almost have to mix it with something else. Apples most certainly, or pumpkin, brown sugar...... but again... that might seem too much like a holiday thing. never tried cinnamon with a peach but that might be cool.. and southern?
    other than the fruit i only know of cinnamon going on some types of meat and.. well... yuck lol

or you could just try ginger?

or cherries and some other kind of spice?
    Last edited by Conoga; 08-13-2010 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCoyote View Post
    i agree cinnamon was the first thing that came to my mind. maybe a mix of cinnamon and something else..... not sure what exactly without having the smells right in front of me. but the problem with cinnamon is it does tend to have a holiday effect by itself so you'd almost have to mix it with something else. Apples most certainly, or pumpkin, brown sugar...... but again... that might seem too much like a holiday thing. never tried cinnamon with a peach but that might be cool.. and southern?
    other than the fruit i only know of cinnamon going on some types of meat and.. well... yuck lol

or you could just try ginger?

or cherries and some other kind of spice?

Cinammon on peaches is a delicious taste! Would be interesting as scent, I'd have to think about that...Have to admit that the first thing I thought of was 'cotton' because cotton plantations used to be so prevalent in the south, but not sure what that would be as a scent! Some hotel (can't remember which one) I stayed while on a business trip advertised that they would treat your sheets with a lavendar and cotton scent upon request, and I tried that and it was lovely. Of course Scarlett needs some spice, but cinammon may be too strong and holiday-invoking. Someone suggested patchouli, that could be interesting to mix with peach or cotton/lavendar...

Deus nobiscum quis contra Conoga's Avatar

its beena while since i smelled patchouli - i THINK i liked it but cant remember.

Scarlettes personality is spicy, for sure. maybe too spicy lol... i have a hard time associating her with anything as soft as cotton or lavender lol *but i do LOVE those scents!!*

something bold and brassy....

Somewhere in the mist o' time
    a Fever rages in a Highlander "mine"~~
    Dual breath in a Druid born
    An Immortal lad of a Keltar lore~~
    Souls of the present meet the soul of past
    No canceling out of the sexy extra large Keltar lad~~
    Two of his kind, one stays behind
    in the past and in a present kin~~
    I'm trying to find A missing Keltar "Mine"
    Oh Dageus wherefor are though my friend?

Gardenia's maybe, or magnolia's and honeysuckle.
    A Viking Princess creation
    Founding Trinity of the Highland Honey Club
    "Oh great woman of wonder, wearer of the overflowing bodice and blue underwear, please bless us with your presence!"
    Maniac Member #28

+ Reply to Thread