+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reality Check with a Dose of Thankfulness

Default Reality Check with a Dose of Thankfulness

I'm not much of a computer-savvy chick. I check my e-mail, this board, and cruise the web a bit and that is it. This message board is the only one I have posted on or been a member of in my life.

I work for an online bookseller, and if sales are slow, or there is a technical glitch, I check the message boards on the sales sites we use to see if anyone else is having a similar issue. I rarely spend longer than 5 minutes on any of these boards. I go in, find what I'm looking for and get out of there -- I have a ton of other things to do at work, thank you.

Today, it took me a little while to find what I was looking for, and I actually read a few of the regular old "I'm-bored-and-this-is-my-regular-board-for-socializing threads". It was awful. These people are so mean, petty and hateful to eachother. The type of threads that I usually view are generally very helpful and kind, but the bulk of what I was seeing in most threads was just unpleasant, to say the least. I thought this might be a fluke, so I checked quite a few threads, even some much older ones -- all of them were the same. Yuck. I mentioned this to my boss. He laughed and joked about me having my head in the sand. "That's mostly all the boards are for. Those people get vicious", was his comment on the matter.

Why am I mentioning this? Because today I had a real wake-up about how wonderful this message board is. I have made nothing but new friends here, and am always happier after a visit to this board. Thank you all for making this place the positive environment it is. You're appreciated.
    This is much more fun than schoolwork.
    viva la SSMKA!

Amie, I absolutely second this! Here's the only board I am posting at and I'm sure I couldn't find a better place! Thanks again to Karen and Leiha for giving us this "home" in the www! :happy0158:

Amie, it's so true. This is the only board where I post, tho I do read one or two others when I have time. I've met a couple ladies in person, who are wonderful, and everyone I've chatted with here is wonderful too. The nice thing is....even though we're all far apart, if I was stranded in Oklahoma, I know I could contact Debbie and she would help. Or if I was stuck in Ohio, there are so many people I could reach out to. Or anywhere else in the country, and even in a few places in the world!!! It's a great feeling, and what makes this board a true sisterhood!

Siggy by Viking Princess

Proud Member of SSMKA & MMNKBD & BDB Maidens
    Moning Maniac #74

I agree with you ladies... I myself only post on this board...Now I do look at some of the other boards occasionally...One site from an author I also like ( not like my KMM though) :), the fans are very vicious and mean...they attack people in their comments...the moderator has to always come on and tell them to stick with the debating over the books and not each other...Kind of childish. All of these ladies on the board are very funny and sweet. Thank you again Leiha and Karen for this zone for us all to gather around at...Thanks for mentioning it Amie !!! :happy0158:

Siggy by Viking Princess

Proud member of the MMNKBD

I am amazed at some of the viciousness I have read on other boards and that is something Karen and I had no interest in. I think everyone here is very respectful of each other and there is genuine love and friendship. Karen and I may have set the tone but this board is as wonderful as it is because of the women who are here and whenever I tell someone about Karen's board it's you all I talk about. So THANK YOU!
    siggy courtesy of Pyxie

I couldn't agree more. i have had a wonderful time on this site. i have made lots of new friends and have been recievecd warmly by all. and everyone is so sopportive of each other. i thank everyone for their friendship and i thank KMM for creating this wonderful site for us to escape to.:happy0158:

Small X on the AL. map... Southern Girl 24/7

Amie, I know just what you mean. I was never a Big Poster 'per se'... I would go and browse around a bit and maybe post every blue moon. Then I came to the old KMM board and everyone was so nice and FUNNY and made me feel at home so I wanted to join in... And now they can't shut me up!! he!he!
    This is a wonderful group of ladies and I enjoy my time here so much... We are different in our own way, but everyone fits in. I am one of the older ole 'hussies' on the board, but you guy's never make me feel old."OLD"!!! WHO IS OLD??? DID I SAY THAT?? I will go out kickin' I promise you... lol! We are just as young as we feel and this "ole Girl" loves to have fun ... and you ALL give me many many laughs...
    Thank's EVERYONE for making this such a great environment and so much enjoyment to be a part of... Karen & Leiha, you have done a wonderful thing here bringing us all together. Thank You So Much!!!!! {{{HUGS}}}

pss... I NEVER hear anyone being rude or an A**... :D We are very 'CLASS-E-CHICKS'
    Bella... Enjoying The Read............. **Maniac # 72**

Siggy.. Kristin...
    Siggy.. MeShelle...

Debbie H

Amie! good to see you! This is the only messageboard I am on too!

This is a super friendly, very supportive board and I am very proud to be a member :happy0158:
    Moning Maniac#132

I agree there are only a few places I post, I spend the most time here because it is wonderful and you ladies are all like a family here. I was on another message board but after being on this one the others just don't compare. Everyone here is nice and genuine.

Thank you all for being such great people and a BIG Thank you to Karen and Leiha for creating such a great place!
    A Viking Princess Original
    Maniac #6

+ Reply to Thread