+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 81

Thread: Was Cruce Fae Royalty?

  1. #1
    Maniac clrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    273

    Default Was Cruce Fae Royalty?

    A few things have occurred to me about cruce:

    "I heard Cruce hated the king, wanted his concubine, and cursed the Silvers to keep the king away from her, that he planned to take the king’s woman, and all the worlds inside the Silvers for himself,” I said.

    V’lane shook his head, golden hair shimmering in the sun. “It was not so simple. Things rarely are. To use a human word, Cruce loved the king, first and above all. The creator of the Unseelie is a being of unbearable perfection. If he is indeed Fae, he is from the most ancient, most pure line that ever existed. Some say he is The Father of All. Some say he had outlived hundreds of queens before the time of the queen he slew. Many of the forms he can take are beyond even Fae ability to absorb. He has been described as having enormous black wings that can enfold the entire Unseelie Court.”
    Cruce loved the King first and foremost. As someone else stated this sounds almost Arthurian like Lancelot and King Aurthur.

    In Dark Fever when Mac first meets V'lane he tries to give her the cuff of Cruce.

    "The Fae extended a gold arm cuff, etched with silver, flashing with ruby fire. "The Cuff of Cruce. It was made long ago for one of his prized human concubines. It permits a shield of sorts against many Unseeling and...other unsavory things."
    I know that there is significance to the metal involved. Is gold representative of the Seelie? I think that is what V'lane's cuff was made of. And then there is the matter of the human concubine this was made for. V'lane says here that the cuff was made for Cruce's favored concubine. I thought that only Royalty had a consort or concubine. I was thinking that only the King or Queen did until I read this.

    So the UK is not Tuathe de, he is the true race. Was Cruce who should have been king of the Seelie if the UK was not involved? Is that why he both loved and envied the UK?

    Can any of you think of other quotes related to Cruce? I would like to see what we can pull together about him to see if it adds up to anything.

  2. #2
    Jax Teller's 'Old Lady' happygirlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Downside, baby!
    Posts
    2,499

    Default

    I am pretty sure (but not completely!) that the only real information we got about Cruce was from Christian in DrF.

    The teaser is the first time that I can find that V'lane has mentioned him other than talking about the cuff.

    Barrons point blank refuses to talk about him. In BF he tells Mac he doesn't know who Cruce was, what the curse was, or why he cursed the silvers. I suspect that after we have read Shadowfever, this will be an example of an outright lie by Barrons.

    In DrF he shuts her down again saying that the curse is 'irrelevant' and that Cruce is dead. This, to me, is an example in favour of Barrons being the UK - I am really starting to think that the reason he is so evasive about the curse is that it would identify him if she knew the parameters.

    I think what the 'forbidden curse' actually is will turn out to be important - I can't believe we still don't know!

  3. #3
    Maniac clrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happygirlie View Post
    I am pretty sure (but not completely!) that the only real information we got about Cruce was from Christian in DrF.

    The teaser is the first time that I can find that V'lane has mentioned him other than talking about the cuff.

    Barrons point blank refuses to talk about him. In BF he tells Mac he doesn't know who Cruce was, what the curse was, or why he cursed the silvers. I suspect that after we have read Shadowfever, this will be an example of an outright lie by Barrons.

    In DrF he shuts her down again saying that the curse is 'irrelevant' and that Cruce is dead. This, to me, is an example in favour of Barrons being the UK - I am really starting to think that the reason he is so evasive about the curse is that it would identify him if she knew the parameters.

    I think what the 'forbidden curse' actually is will turn out to be important - I can't believe we still don't know!
    I know, how can we be four books into this series and still not know squat? I have gone back and forth between Barrons being the UK, but I don't think that he is now.

    I think that he is something else entirely, but it would fall into place nicely if he was the UK and Mac was the new Queen.

    There was another thing that hit me when I was reading Dark Fever again. Barrons says to Fiona "See if you can uncover any record, however obscure, of this kind of thing happening." Fiona replies "You don't need me to do that, Jericho," she said. "You know there is."

    He shook his head. "She couldn't possibly be a Null, Fio. They're mythical."

    Fion's laugh was airy, musical. "So you say. As are many things. Aren't they, Jericho?"

    So, here Fiona seems to be implying that Barrons is something mythical himself. This could be the UK or something else. I know it has been speculated before, but McCabe's comments about the full moon could give rise to Barrons being some sort of Werewolf. Mac was practically making fun of them in this book, and wouldn't that be ironic if he turned out to be one?

  4. #4
    Whimsical Roxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    A warm place with the SUN : )
    Posts
    1,603

    Default

    GREAT POSTS

    hmmm I personally dont feel that Barrons is a werefolf but Its kinda perculiar that Barrons is never seen when theres light outside THE SUN


    But still he can't be a werefolf but I"m not sure

    Cruce fae royalty?


    anything is possible at this point


    VP original~

  5. #5
    Maniac clrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Thanks Roxy! There is so much to speculate about and so little time.

  6. #6
    Jax Teller's 'Old Lady' happygirlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Downside, baby!
    Posts
    2,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clrich View Post
    I know, how can we be four books into this series and still not know squat? I have gone back and forth between Barrons being the UK, but I don't think that he is now.

    I think that he is something else entirely, but it would fall into place nicely if he was the UK and Mac was the new Queen.

    There was another thing that hit me when I was reading Dark Fever again. Barrons says to Fiona "See if you can uncover any record, however obscure, of this kind of thing happening." Fiona replies "You don't need me to do that, Jericho," she said. "You know there is."

    He shook his head. "She couldn't possibly be a Null, Fio. They're mythical."

    Fion's laugh was airy, musical. "So you say. As are many things. Aren't they, Jericho?"

    So, here Fiona seems to be implying that Barrons is something mythical himself. This could be the UK or something else. I know it has been speculated before, but McCabe's comments about the full moon could give rise to Barrons being some sort of Werewolf. Mac was practically making fun of them in this book, and wouldn't that be ironic if he turned out to be one?
    I go back and forth on him being the UK too. I am less sure after DrF. I am less sure now that we know he has a beast form. I always seem to come back to it though...

    I think what it is, is that if I had to pick a character we already know to be the UK, I would find Barrons the most likely candidate. However, the UK might just be the UK...

  7. #7
    Maniac clrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happygirlie View Post
    I go back and forth on him being the UK too. I am less sure after DrF. I am less sure now that we know he has a beast form. I always seem to come back to it though...

    I think what it is, is that if I had to pick a character we already know to be the UK, I would find Barrons the most likely candidate. However, the UK might just be the UK...
    It is frustrating to go in circles all the time isn't it? Barrons would make the most sense based on his electric personality, but I still think that the UK is probably the DEG. He seems to be sitting back observing the situation. We don't know much about him.

    I also thought that it was interesting reading Dark Fever again that the Sinsar Dubh was actually referred to as "It" in quotes. There have been many its throughout the series, but the DEG telling Mac not to talk to "It" and this reference has me thinking that he was refering to the book. His comments made me think of the UK as well. He wanted a good book, a beautiful woman, and rest I think. I can't quite remember exactly what he said, but that is why I have shied away from Barrons being the UK.

  8. #8
    Jax Teller's 'Old Lady' happygirlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Downside, baby!
    Posts
    2,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clrich View Post
    It is frustrating to go in circles all the time isn't it? Barrons would make the most sense based on his electric personality, but I still think that the UK is probably the DEG. He seems to be sitting back observing the situation. We don't know much about him.

    I also thought that it was interesting reading Dark Fever again that the Sinsar Dubh was actually referred to as "It" in quotes. There have been many its throughout the series, but the DEG telling Mac not to talk to "It" and this reference has me thinking that he was refering to the book. His comments made me think of the UK as well. He wanted a good book, a beautiful woman, and rest I think. I can't quite remember exactly what he said, but that is why I have shied away from Barrons being the UK.
    Yep, DEG is my second choice. Although I don't know if I just think that because we know so little about him - its easier to make a theory fit if I can make it up!

  9. #9
    Queen of Peaches *Jo*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts =0]
    Posts
    8,905

    Default clrich ~ great questions here which produce many non-answers...


    I know that there is significance to the metal involved. Is gold representative of the Seelie? I think that is what V'lane's cuff was made of.
    Gold does apear to be the metal adorned, except for the Council Elder Darroc, which was black. The books never indicated that Darroc was a royal, just a very old and knowledgable that I can recall. Cuffs and torque. Adam Black D'Jai prince adorned cuffs & torque of yellow gold. V'Lane has possession of the 'Cuff of Cruce' which was yellow gold and sported many gems. So, I guess based on that you could say Seelie TDD Royals adopted 'yellow gold' then.
    And then there is the matter of the human concubine this was made for.
    I believe that Cruce had manufactured the cuffs. Multiples if I remember. So too, it appears to me as well , cl that Cruce would also be a royal. Prince?! The Unseelie once Seelie King, appears to have been marked as Daoine Sith. Same as Adam Black. There hasn't been a designation of metal yet to that group of fae.

    V'lane says here that the cuff was made for Cruce's favored concubine. I thought that only Royalty had a consort or concubine. I was thinking that only the King or Queen did until I read this.
    I was thinking at this point that in order for that staus, perhaps royals, princesses & princes~practiced this with their lovers. Realistically, it doesn't appear that marriage happened alot or that being faithful was the normal rule.
    *shrugs shoulders* Consort seems to be the name given to male royality aligned with a queen/princesses & concubine for male kings/princes?!

    So the UK is not Tuathe de, he is the true race. Was Cruce who should have been king of the Seelie if the UK was not involved? Is that why he both loved and envied the UK?
    I dunno. I took it as the UK, once Seelie was TDD. V'Lane was correct when he told Mac, "...at first there was only TDD." BUT, I wouldn't doubt it that this is incorrect on my part.*Ass*uming can have that effect, aye?
    Can any of you think of other quotes related to Cruce? I would like to see what we can pull together about him to see if it adds up to anything.
    Cruce, Cruce...
    What I can recall & it wasn't so much spelled out in such a direct way was that
    he created the silvers, cursed them, and designed and made the cuffs for the UK. I took this to mean that he was therefore the silversmith & metalsmith of the TDD. Lore sites I found describing this occupation for the TDD was held by the group of Daoine Sith and an honor.
    Would that make Cruce a Daoine?! I would have to say yes here & that since 'Cruce' = a cross between two different breeds, Dictionary.com, he must also be TDD/Daoine as Adam Black?!
    I can't for the life remember which book made reference to this info, that the UK once Seelie was a dark haired, dark eyed royal...

  10. #10
    Whimsical Roxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    A warm place with the SUN : )
    Posts
    1,603

    Default

    ohhhh JO why did you trail offf YOU TEASE..... soo the UK is a dark haired royal???

    need more need more

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts