+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Mad Men Fans???

Yeah, hoping in vain for HEA with Joan and Rog. Either Rog. will have a heart attack while still married to Jane and she gets Roger's share of the agency (to which end she will forever torture Joan) or he stays married to Jane and messes around with Joan at his convenience. Ultimately, Joan will always have to rely on herself. No white knight to care for her, no children, no dream house with picket fence. In the end she'll look to the now, pick herself up without bitterness and hopefully, enroll in business school.

I want Greg out of the way. Upset that they intimate he is a butcher and the only place such an incompetent doctor could practice as a surgeon is in the military. Glad they did send him into the military at the beginning of the Viet-Nam conflict though so that we can hope that he goes MIA, meets a meek nurse he can bully or Joan sends a Dear Greg letter with the divorce papers enclosed.
    This is a pic. of my step-dtr. that I think is Mac like.

Roxy, did watch 09/12/10 epi.? Any thoughts on Joan?

hi DELMI I'm watching tonight and will post the second I watch it...uhh soo many things to do and such little time

VP original~

O.K. I'm glad I didn't go into detail. Warehouse 13 is on at 9 so I'll be watching that. I look forward to your post when you get the time. Will discuss after you watch the epi.

WOW what a episode..i'm soo tired of BETTY she is such a brat...and I dont see her getting any better when is she going to grow up...

Joan:can't blame a lot has happend to her *did u notice the new actor that is playing her husband*...hotter

Joan wanted to take care of the problem herself and not have PEGGY but in...but alas Peggy is always butting in...

He deserved to get FIRED....GOOD

okay remember that annoying 15 year DON was with...the second she found out DON was married she falls to her knees that's just GROSS...it let me know that she was just ACTING to be nice when in REALITY she isn't..

"TO BE CONTINUED" what a line...I'm happy DON saw through that! I hope it's the end for her...she really bothered me...

NOt too sure FAY is the right fit for DON...i'm not too keen of her either...
    and DON doesn't do too well with strong women..sooo...IDK

I think the producers and sqeezing the life of the OLD LADY secretary she's old, we get it MOVE ON...it's not even funny anymore...

also i'm not liking the DON sitting down and jotting notes to himself..its just SINCE WHEN has DON been revealing..he's the most secretive guy on the planet

I seriously DOUBT that someone like DON would say:OH DEAR DIARY TODAY.....

the producers are slowly moving away from the true nature of the character to EXPLOITATION of that character...

I know DON wants to get his act together I like the swimming, i like the slowwing down with the womne...the DEAR DIARY its just too cheezy and don is not cheezy
    Last edited by Roxy; 09-14-2010 at 11:18 PM.

I'm fed up with how they write Betty's character. I believe they are going to keep her as a cold beyotch, child-woman. Everyone else on the show is evolving; everyone except Betty. Good for Henry for telling her the spoiled child act is ridiculous and getting old and moldy.

I didn't like Jane's friend and am glad she's gone, too. The actress played her well, though. The thin facade of wanting to get to know Don, when it was obvious she was desperate for a ring on her finger by any means possible. The -to be continued- line was so transparent and sounded like something she must have read in a bad romance novel.

Poor Joan. She is the engine of the agency and taken for granted. She keeps everything under control to the point no one has to worry because Joan knows what to do and how to get it done. Everytime she attempts to break out of the pigeonhole she's been placed, someone knocks her back into it. That a disgusting, juevenile 20-something has more power than she is her breaking point.

Knowing how important she is to the agency and seeing that she is denied the status and power to which she entitled is tough to watch. She watched Peggy break the mold with Freddy's help (for which Don somehow gets the credit) and attempted to do the same herself when she lucked into the T.V. ad guy needing her help only to have Roger knock her back down. I think the writers had Roger do this to portray Roger's (who is nothing but a legacy employee) one element of control at the agency, Joan. He wants Joan always to be powerless and stuck just where he wants her. Makes it easy for him to play with her emotions.

Joan has been jealous of Peggy ever since she was recognized for her contribution to the lipstick campaign. The look on her face seemd to suggest she was screaming inside her head when she realized that Freddy was going to elevate Peggy.

Joan wanted to fire the little snot of a guy but, did not have the power to do so; Peggy did. Joan was working toward making the guys life miserable and attempting to manipulate his eventual firing to send a message to the staff that she is a force to be reckoned with. Peggy did the right thing by firing the guy since he was in her dept. Joan couldn't have fired the guy period, that would have been Peggy's call regardless of Joan's wishes. The elevator scene was relevant, though. Joan is right about how the end result will be perceived but, her real anger was that Peggy had the power to do something that she will never have at the agency.

wow yeah i think you hit it on the head with Joan but what do you think of Don and the journal writing?

I agree with you. Weird. Don has a lot to hide and stands to lose a lot if anyone finds out about his faux identity. He is def. not the type to write a "dear diary". I do wonder if this has anything to do with Roger writing a book.

what's your thoughts on this. Def. needs exploration.

i used to be the type of asking a 10000s of questions about the man that ive been seeing now i honestly the less i know the better

i just feel that its unnecessary for Don to have a sit down and talk about his feelings i mean come on....

I missed roger greatly in the last episode i think i'm more of a ROGER fan he just he is sooo cool

im still reeling over the TO BE CONTINUED ughhh i wished JOAN had been there she would have put her in her place..thats' for sure

Jane's friend right...two peas in the pod if you ask me...

what do u think about the therapist that Don is seeing? I dont like her she's umm ugh i don't know a tease...

she is playinh majorily with Don's head I dont like gamers like that I HOPING DON toasts her at the end...

remember when DON said "yes there's obviously a generation gap i dont remember women being this...oh what's the word..

strong..desperate...i like desperate..

the producers should think about starting to WIND down the series to a close..i wouldn't want this classic show becoming tasteless...

+ Reply to Thread