+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: tall girls?

Deus nobiscum quis contra Conoga's Avatar

Question tall girls?

had a conversation tonight about short girls vs tall and someone said tall girls wish they were shorter because their height tends to intimidate men.....

what say you on the subject?

i'm short and have had about 19 years to deal with it lol and i like tall guys anyway

lord bless charlie mops! Caitríona's Avatar

I'm almost 5'9" and I prefer men to be taller than me, which narrows it down a lot more than you might think. Bugged the crap outta me back when I was single. I never worried about intimidating men, I just wished they could be part of my prey pool, lol.

Though, I do hate towering over people when having conversations whilst standing... Boss, customers, friends' girlfriends... And 5'9" isn't even REALLY that tall! ...is it?
    Last edited by Caitríona; 09-07-2010 at 10:29 PM.

To curious 4 my own good! Crazy_Girl's Avatar

I'm short.Wish I were a little taller.Can't reach a dam thing,always have to use a stool or chair.Plus my DH is 6'4",kind of awkward sometimes!But I like tall men!

Deus nobiscum quis contra Conoga's Avatar

lol i'm about....5'2" i think, barefoot? i dunno. somewhere close to that at least.. buying "Grownup Clothes" is annoying.. thats my biggest complaint. getting a pair of levi jeans(the good ones, not the walmart brand!) is difficult because that particular store rarely has my size :/ i often end up rolling the cuffs of my jeans up so i wont walk on them. and i think my husband's greatest woe is my shirts.... a lot of them are tshirts with some kind of goofy quote or picture or rock band on them.... its hard to look grown up..

as for reaching stuff ... lol i'm a climber! or if i can jump to get it i will
    i've always said if i was a dog i'd be either a pit bull or a coyote because they're both small but have cool ways of getting around it, plus i love surprising people with how strong i am

i kinda envy taller people because they are not mistaken for teen agers.. no one talks DOWN to a tall person

5'6" and I've always wished I was TALLER, not shorter--around 5'9", so needless to say I love 3" heels. LOL I like men around 6' or taller though...hubby's pushing 5'10", and if I could change just one thing about him, I'd make him six inches taller.

Though I think attitude intimidates men more than height does--I've never had trouble thoroughly scaring the crap out of the ones I wanted to.

"If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real
    than people with bodies and heartbeats."

--Richard Bach, Illusions

lord bless charlie mops! Caitríona's Avatar

I wish I was 5'6" I think. Then I could wear heels and still be well under 6 feet. Grass is always greener, lol!

Seriously, the day I learned I'm only shorter than Johnny Depp when I'm barefoot... 'twas a sad day indeed.

To curious 4 my own good! Crazy_Girl's Avatar

I'm 5'2".....tried to convince myself I was always 5'3".When my DD reached that height,I had to quit lying to myself!

I'm 5'7" and wish I was just a tad shorter. Irked the hell out of me too when I was trying to date and most of the guys were either the same height or shorter than me. My hubby though is 6'2" so I'm good now lol.
    Girls Gone Pri-ya! Fevercon 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Caitríona View Post
    I wish I was 5'6" I think. Then I could wear heels and still be well under 6 feet. Grass is always greener, lol!

Seriously, the day I learned I'm only shorter than Johnny Depp when I'm barefoot... 'twas a sad day indeed.
    Sweetie, that doesn't make you too tall, it makes him too short!

My sister in law is 5'12", according to her. My brother in law, her husband, is 6'2". Their daughter, our niece, at fourteen is already taller than my husband. She's also a black belt in karate. Talk about intimidating! LOL And while she normally wears flats (knee issues), she just bought a kick ass pair of boots with nice high heels that put her right at six feet. She's not concerned about her height at all.

I am 5'7". Most of the guys I know are taller than me except my boy friend!!! lol! He's really only about an inch or so shorter, though. I affectionately refer to him as "pocket boyfriend" and he calls me his amazon woman. It's ridiculous. haha
    It's really only an issue for us at formal things where I wear heels. Like when we went to prom together. And it's about to come up again at his brother's wedding.
    He blames it on the fact that he is Filipino. He's actually pretty tall among his family members.
    We've been together for about 4 1/2 years now, so the jokes have died down. In highschool it was a pretty big joke, but not so much any more. hehehe
    It's really not THAT noticable!
    If it were it might bother us more. *shrug*

By VP ♥

+ Reply to Thread