+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: JZB=not the UK

Default JZB=not the UK

This is just a thought I wanted to put out there and see what you guys think, I'm knew to this and couldn't find a thread on this so if there is I'm sorry...If he was the UK he wouldn't need the stones to read it, right? He would be the oldest of all and know the language it was writen in. Doesn't V'lame say at one point something like, if you got it you wouldn't be able to read it and JB says maybe I learned from your princess? If he was the UK he wouldn't need the stones or the princess to teach him. Just a thought please let me know what you guys think!

I'm relatively new here, so I'll be interested in what the others think, but your reasoning sounds right on. Besides, I'm hoping Barrons is something we've not known about or something we have not touched on yet, but makes us slap our forehead and say "Of course! Makes total sense!"

Bethany

Welcome To Both Of You. That Point Has Been Brought Up Many Many Times In Chats Posts And Other Stuff. I Have Always Maintained That Barrons Is Not The Uk. But Ultimately Sf Will Have To Point Us In The Right Direction.:)

I was starting to think I was the only one who don't think JZB is the UK.

I fluctuate on if he's the UK or not every time I read the books. But there are 2 reasons why you could be wrong about the stones. (not saying you are, just there are so many points for and against him being the UK)

1) The UK poured all his knowledge (about his dark magic) into the book, perhaps he poured how to read it too, so he would have forgotten it.

2) The book is obviously sentient and as it as been stated several times in the books Fae objects change all the time. If the book doesn't want to be read, it won't be readable. The stones might be a way of controlling the book.

No. The text in book changes every time it is opened. No one can read it. The language doesn't stay the same. The book is no longer just a book but something else with a mind and will of it's own.

Thumbs up agree

Quote Originally Posted by Wildernessgirl View Post
    No. The text in book changes every time it is opened. No one can read it. The language doesn't stay the same. The book is no longer just a book but something else with a mind and will of it's own.
    I agree with you wildernessgirl. The Book has becoming a living being with a self preservation mode that makes it inaccessible to most everyone. I am also in agreement with others that Barrons is not the UK. As Barrons said, he is "the cheetah in the Serengeti. I am smarter, stronger, and hungrier than anything else out there." The UK would not be comparing himself to an animal.
    iluvsushi:

"Woman, you make me crazed." JZB

Quote Originally Posted by iluvsushi View Post
    I agree with you wildernessgirl. The Book has becoming a living being with a self preservation mode that makes it inaccessible to most everyone. I am also in agreement with others that Barrons is not the UK. As Barrons said, he is "the cheetah in the Serengeti. I am smarter, stronger, and hungrier than anything else out there." The UK would not be comparing himself to an animal.
    Thanks! I do think he's UK though. If he was trying to compare himself to something a human would understand then he might use such an example .

I don't know how to put the quote in my post but doesn't JB say that that is the closest he has ever been to the book, ever, that he has none of. So, how would he know he couldn't read it. If he was the UK he would think that he still could. We don't know (do we) that the text in the book changes every time do we? I understand that the book has become something else but that doesn't mean the text changes. Thank you for your posts...

Quote Originally Posted by greeneyeswe3tie View Post
    I was starting to think I was the only one who don't think JZB is the UK.
    Welcome to my side! I've been saying that pretty vocally in the various threads all along! Some of the more recent teasers in KMM's newsletter have made me waiver abit, but no, I still don't think he is!

+ Reply to Thread