+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: No Fever movie at present

I am actually a bit relieved. Had this horrible vision of them completely messing the story up AND the characters.

Kudos for KMM. Quality matters.

This series would make an awesome HBO TV series - So they don't edit out details (like a movie would for time), AND they can go all out R style.
    Last edited by mcmissa; 12-12-2010 at 11:22 PM.

Maniac

I don't think it would be possible for a movie or even a mini-series to do fever justice. I think you'd need at least 5 seasons - one per book - to do it correctly...

too bad you couldn't get the writers/producers from Lost (because i think they'd be the only people on par with KM) to format the series for HBO or Showtime... i think that would be brilliant. I actually equate Lost & Fever in my mind - ALOT.. in terms of storyline and character depth and mystery and just the whole ... feel. They could do fever right for TV - just not sure anyone else could.. unless KM decided to write/direct it.
    Last edited by bemyconstant; 01-01-2011 at 05:48 AM.
    If anything goes wrong, Jericho Barrons will be my constant.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."

To be honest, I'm not sure if I like the idea of making a movie. The story is so complex, with so many details. And a movie wouldn't show the growth in Mac and Barrons relationship in the right way. But I think it could work really well as a TV series! And if it was on HBO as some of you suggested, it would work even better. It would be something along the lines of True Blood (only better!)

Quote Originally Posted by bemyconstant View Post
    I don't think it would be possible for a movie or even a mini-series to do fever justice. I think you'd need at least 5 seasons - one per book - to do it correctly...

too bad you couldn't get the writers/producers from Lost (because i think they'd be the only people on par with KM) to format the series for HBO or Showtime... i think that would be brilliant. I actually equate Lost & Fever in my mind - ALOT.. in terms of storyline and character depth and mystery and just the whole ... feel. They could do fever right for TV - just not sure anyone else could.. unless KM decided to write/direct it.
    Oh, I like that suggestion. The writers from Lost did such a good job creating mystery, suspense while using some really "way out there" complex ideas and theories. Made it very interesting from beginning to end. I wouldn't want the writers from True Blood to get ahold of it. They disappointed me. Let's see, what other shows has good writers. It would have to be a cable network because the hot sex scenes would just be boring on regular network TV. But I also like the writers for Dexter. They do a good job with dark, mysterious and even cliff hangers. Also, they're good with narration type dialogue, which is what Mac and Dexter both do throughout their books. There's plenty of narration, darkness, mystery, suspense, and cliffhangers in KMM's Fever series. So I would think writers of either of those shows would probably do a good job.

Maniac

I think HBO should do a show on the books......they did great job with "Game of Thrones"......Movie won't do it justice.

Maniac

I like the idea of HBO doing a show about it. I don't think a movie would be good.

I hoping that the right project will come along. I would rather it not be done if it can't be done well in in the fashion that KMM and her fans would appreciate. For me, the books are priceless. I very much enjoyed reading the fever series. Now I'm waiting to be Iced!

Maniac

dreamworks have picked it up and will be doing a movie in 2013 i really hope they dont make it into a kiddy movie and ruin the sex, danger and love with all the characters

Maniac

Are you sure there is not a movie in the making? In the Latest News portion of karenmoning.com it says that DreamWorks bought the rights for the Fever world back in August of last year. I've also read a couple articles detailing how the Fever series was supposed to be their big blockbuster to rival the Harry Potter and Twilight craze. It also pops up if you IMDB it.

Dreamworks bought the rights for Darkfever from August 2011. The IMDB says "In Development" but no other information has been given since then. There is a Dreamworks page on facebook where alot of fans have commented about the production. Here's hoping we hear some news soon

+ Reply to Thread