> > >
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: October Teaser - First page of ShadowFever!!!

Default First Page Of Shadowfever

I JUST READ THE FIRST PAGE OF SHADOWFEVER AND IT BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES AND THAT WAS JUST THE FIRST PAGE...OMFG.WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN I READ THE WHOLE BOOK...KAREN,DUDE YOU ROCK.....

Default October Teaser - First page of ShadowFever!!!

Now, what you’ve all been waiting for—the first page of Shadowfever!
    ____

Hope strengthens. Fear kills.

Someone really smart told me that once.

Every time I think I’m getting wiser, more in control of my actions, I go slamming into a situation that makes me excruciatingly aware that all I’ve succeeded in doing is swapping one set of delusions for a more elaborate, attractive set of delusions—that’s me, the Queen of Self-Deception.

I hate myself right now. More than I’d ever have thought possible.

I squat on the cliff’s edge, screaming, cursing the day I was born, wishing my biological mother had drowned me at birth. Life is too hard, too much to handle. Nobody told me there’d be days like these. How could nobody tell me there’d be days like these? How could they let me grow up like that—happy and pink and stupid?

The pain I feel is worse than anything the Sinsar Dubh has ever done to me. At least when the Book is crushing me, I know it’s not my own fault.

This moment?

Mea culpa. Beginning to end, all the way, I own this one, and there will never be any hiding from that fact.

SHADOWFEVER/SECOND DRAFT/©2010 Karen Marie Moning, LLC

Ka-lyrra, he'd called her, not realizing just how accurate it was. The ka-lyrra was a creature native to his homeworld Danu. Silky-pelted, exquisitely marked with huge, phophorescent eyes, velvety paws and a striped, tufted tail... its delicate beauty tempted, but it's bite was dangerous, even to a Tuatha Dé - not killing, but causing madness of considerable duration.

Few were they who could woo it -
    few were they who dared to try.

Default where?

Where did you find the first page? Was that the spoiler this month?

Maniac

I can't wait for January!! The first page was awesome!

Now, what you’ve all been waiting for—the first page of Shadowfever! From the newsletter.
    ____

Hope strengthens. Fear kills.

Someone really smart told me that once.

Every time I think I’m getting wiser, more in control of my actions, I go slamming into a situation that makes me excruciatingly aware that all I’ve succeeded in doing is swapping one set of delusions for a more elaborate, attractive set of delusions—that’s me, the Queen of Self-Deception.

I hate myself right now. More than I’d ever have thought possible.

I squat on the cliff’s edge, screaming, cursing the day I was born, wishing my biological mother had drowned me at birth. Life is too hard, too much to handle. Nobody told me there’d be days like these. How could nobody tell me there’d be days like these? How could they let me grow up like that—happy and pink and stupid?

The pain I feel is worse than anything the Sinsar Dubh has ever done to me. At least when the Book is crushing me, I know it’s not my own fault.

This moment?

Mea culpa. Beginning to end, all the way, I own this one, and there will never be any hiding from that fact.

Default me too!

I cried too when I read the first page... I didn't think that I would but gosh darn it I guess I am more emotionally invested in these books than I thought...

(I do think that Mac thinks she killed Barrons.... thank god "some things are impossible to kill")

Can't wait for NOLA!
    "I wanna dip you in honey glaze and nibble on you like a chicken nugget."

Another Gandy Perv Love me some Barrons's Avatar

Poor Mac, my heart breaks for her. This book is going to be gut wrenching, I'm glad we already know she gets a HEA (just not how) or I don't know if I could finish her journey.
    " I am, therefore I want to f*** Jericho Barrons "

But, but.....what does Mac think she's guilty of????? It couldn't *possibly* be kissing His Hotness.....that's a good thing!!!

This lovely siggy of His Hotness (who is Mac's friend, btw....)
    was created by the verra talented Viking Princess!
    *blog*

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    But, but.....what does Mac think she's guilty of????? It couldn't *possibly* be kissing His Hotness.....that's a good thing!!!
    No, she'd be revolted by that

I'm going to assume she thinks she's guilty of killing whomever the beast turns out to be if it's Barrons, which I think it is, I think she's going to blame herself for not figuring out his secret not to mention the actual stabbing
    Last edited by jayzee; 10-31-2010 at 05:39 PM.

VP's best yet

Maniac

Was it Christian on Barrons she killed? I think it might be more possible that it was Christian, after all he had begun changing before they got seperated. Also she calls herself the queen of self-deception. She did tell herself that the beast must have been the IYD one but what if the IYD number failed and Ryodan came later because of that? What if the thing that happened to the nine men happened to Christian too, causing him to change?

She might feel guilt for forgetting about him and thus causing his death.

OMG I want the new book so bad it hurts XD With each new teaser I get even more and more unanswered questions.
    Last edited by CantLuvCantHurt; 10-31-2010 at 05:47 PM.

It sounds like Mac's heartbroken. This is going to be a hard journey to see her go down. At least we know that she pulls through. We just have to find out how and hope her joy comes soon.
    Southern Faerie - Terica
    Barrons is my Barbeque Grill Master!!
    # 2292