> > >
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: October Teaser - First page of ShadowFever!!!

Default First Page Of Shadowfever

I JUST READ THE FIRST PAGE OF SHADOWFEVER AND IT BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES AND THAT WAS JUST THE FIRST PAGE...OMFG.WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN I READ THE WHOLE BOOK...KAREN,DUDE YOU ROCK.....

Quote Originally Posted by Grneyes View Post
    Having read that thread and taking Spell into account, what if QA is the original Seelie Queen? What if, somehow, she didn't die, but drank from the Cauldron and forgot who she was? We know she's over 60,000 years old, thanx to Adam. But he's only 6,000 years old so he might now know how old she truly is.
    Could be the "secret" QA and Adam share. What if the dieing queen used Adam to "give of his essence" to save her when she was wounded in the war? She did make him give of himself to save Dageus from dieing. Then took on the rule of QA?....lol

Or...lol......Adam gave of his essence so OQ could live, who new the SOM, and she is now Mac?! LMAO...

Somewhere in the mist o' time
    a Fever rages in a Highlander "mine"~~
    Dual breath in a Druid born
    An Immortal lad of a Keltar lore~~
    Souls of the present meet the soul of past
    No canceling out of the sexy extra large Keltar lad~~
    Two of his kind, one stays behind
    in the past and in a present kin~~
    I'm trying to find A missing Keltar "Mine"
    Oh Dageus wherefor are though my friend?

Quote Originally Posted by aprilssix View Post
    Could be the "secret" QA and Adam share. What if the dieing queen used Adam to "give of his essence" to save her when she was wounded in the war? She did make him give of himself to save Dageus from dieing. Then took on the rule of QA?....lol
    Hmmm....and Adam is only 6,000 y/o in this incarnation, he might not even remember doing that....he might have some clue? But I don't think Adam is only 6,000 years old. Aren't there keepers of who the Fae were? So that they know sort of who they are/were after they drink from the Cauldron? What if Adam is a mortal from the Fae's home planet? And after drinking from the Cauldron (after being made Fae originally) he doesn't remember that and when QA turned him human that's how he got his soul? Now my mind is just running away with itself.

Maniac

I also think that the beast is Alina. In DrF she says:

Iíd thought Iíd lost everything.
    I hadnít.
    I stared at the person who lay dead on the floor of the forest.
    The person Iíd helped kill.
    Now Iíd lost everything.

Doesn't it make sense that, to Mac, Alina was everything. She thought/believed she lost Alina. Now she realizes that she hadn't, but her most recent action just caused the loss of her everything. It further explains her grief from the spoiler.

Maniac

Yet, how can it be Barrons, when Mzc znd Barrons were together in the garage when the "beast" roared in the sub-basememt.

Jax Teller's 'Old Lady' happygirlie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malfallacy View Post
    I also think that the beast is Alina. In DrF she says:

Iíd thought Iíd lost everything.
    I hadnít.
    I stared at the person who lay dead on the floor of the forest.
    The person Iíd helped kill.
    Now Iíd lost everything.

Doesn't it make sense that, to Mac, Alina was everything. She thought/believed she lost Alina. Now she realizes that she hadn't, but her most recent action just caused the loss of her everything. It further explains her grief from the spoiler.
    This is JMO, but sorry, I can't agree. It doesn't make sense to me. Alina was identified, autopsied, and buried in Ashford. The beast was clearly male - what possible reason would Karen have for stressing this fact that isn't misleading, when she could just have said it was a beast and left it at that?

The February spoiler suggests (to me) that she is feeling grief for someone else in addition to Alina:

It's funny the things people say when someone dies.
    He/she is in a better place.
    How the f#ck do you know that?
    Life goes on.
    That's supposed to comfort me? I'm excrutiatingly aware that life goes on. It hurts every damned second. How lovely to know it's going to continue like this. Thank you for reminding me.
    Time heals.
    No, it doesn't. At best, time is the great leveler, sweeping us all into coffins. We find ways to distract ourselves from the pain. Time is neither scalpel nor bandage. It is indifferent. Scar tissue is not a good thing. It is merely the wound's other face.
    I live with the specter of Alina every day. Now I will live with this ghost, too. Walk between them, one on my right, one on my left. They will talk to me incessantly. I'll never escape, bridged between my greatest failures.

We think that there will be more than one POV in Shadowfever, but there is nothing in that teaser to suggest a more likely candidate than Mac...

You aren't alone in this theory, but I just don't see it

** Just saw that part of this was posted ^^above me... Didn't mean to double post anything. GMTA though!

I don't think it's Alina, because in the teasers, Karen gave us the following:

February:

Life goes on.

That's supposed to comfort me? I'm excrutiatingly aware that life goes on. It hurts every damned second. How lovely to know it's going to continue like this. Thank you for reminding me.

Time heals.

No, it doesn't. At best, time is the great leveler, sweeping us all into coffins. We find ways to distract ourselves from the pain. Time is neither scalpel nor bandage. It is indifferent. Scar tissue is not a good thing. It is merely the wound's other face.

I live with the specter of Alina every day. Now I will live with this ghost, too. Walk between them, one on my right, one on my left. They will talk to me incessantly. I'll never escape, bridged between my greatest failures.
    And June:
    My ghosts whisper to each other across me but I canít hear them. Thereís only one way Iíll ever be able to hear them again.
    I turn my head for Darrocís kiss.

As his lips close over mine, the duality inside me threatens to tear me in half, and if it succeeds, I will lose my best chance at accomplishing my mission.

I hurt.

I need punishment for my sins.

I bury my hands in his hair, and channel all those feelings into passion, pour it into my touch, kiss him hard, violently. I turn us both around and slam him up against the wall, kissing him like heís all that ever existed, kissing him with a full measure of humanity. Itís a thing a Fae can never feel, no matter the form they wearóhumanity. Itís why they crave us in bed.

He staggers for a moment, pulls back and stares down at me.

My eyes are wild. I feel something inside me that terrifies me, and I just hope I can hang on to the edge of this cliff Iím on. I make a sound of impatience, wet my lips and shove at him.

ďMore,Ē I demand.

When he kisses me again, the last part of me that could stand myself dies.
    Last edited by seaellare; 12-29-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seaellare View Post

Life goes on.

Time heals.

No, it doesn't. At best, time is the great leveler, sweeping us all into coffins. We find ways to distract ourselves from the pain. Time is neither scalpel nor bandage. It is indifferent. Scar tissue is not a good thing. It is merely the wound's other face
    You know this part of the teaser has me thinking it very well could be from the concubines POV. Think about it. She was taken from her home planet and placed in the silvers, while she didn't age, everyone around her OR from her home planet would and evenutally they would die. But what if her world/planet was the one Qa and Uk inadvertently distroyed? She would live with the fact that all are dead and she still lives. LIFE GOES ON....

She finds ways to distract herself from the pain-------Sure she does, by exploring the silvers UK gave her.

When I first read that teaser, I remember trying to figure out whose POV it was from - but when I got to the last paragraph, it seemed obvious that it was Mac - the whole Alina's ghost on one side of me and this one on the other side part. Unless KMM would be splicing things together from different POV's and sections of the book, which is possible, but I doubt she'd be that torturous to totally lead us astray :) (right?!) I'm not sure what to think - I have gone through so many theories both on the board and in my head, I'm not sure who is who and what they are all really after lol. I'll be so glad when I get that book, I know that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seaellare View Post
    When I first read that teaser, I remember trying to figure out whose POV it was from - but when I got to the last paragraph, it seemed obvious that it was Mac - the whole Alina's ghost on one side of me and this one on the other side part. Unless KMM would be splicing things together from different POV's and sections of the book, which is possible, but I doubt she'd be that torturous to totally lead us astray :) (right?!) I'm not sure what to think - I have gone through so many theories both on the board and in my head, I'm not sure who is who and what they are all really after lol. I'll be so glad when I get that book, I know that!!!
    LOL.. i know. Its amazing how everyone can come up with there own "why" they think it is so-and-so's POV...

I accually thought, and pretty much still do, think that teaser is QA andAlina and Mac are her ghosts who whisper to her..lol...

I'll never escape, bridged between my greatest failures.
    This person says they will never escape. I think it is QA and were ever she is. Then it says she is "bridged" between her greatest Failures.----BRIDGED----LANE........And i think Alina and Mac were her "chance" to escape.

At the end of spell, QA says something to the effect of "Its not time yet. (talking about Cian being able to see her and she doesn't want him to give her away) It could destroy what chance they had."

I do beleive QAand Barrons are working together at what ecer this "chance" is they have.

That's a good one, didn't think about it being QA... It does make sense! Both in the teaser and with Barrons. Maybe Fio knows about QA/JZB working together and that Mac is his "last chance" - at whatever it is. Because, doesn't someone say in the Fio/JZB coversation that Mac is his last chance? *sigh* - something else to occupy my brain for the next 19 days :)